Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronchua View Post
Interesting so $30 is considered cheap now
Haha 10x cover, right?

I'm with you...my stance is clear on the subject, but I don't think you can go wrong at the price with what seems like a promising future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2staples View Post
Get 'em while they're somewhat "cheap"
2staples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #102 (permalink)

Ken has a knack for making things happen too.. This book is only going ^^^
Old 07-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #103 (permalink)

I have been watching todd. These 3 just ended. Nice price!

aaronchua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #104 (permalink)

I got my "NM" copy in from Mile High today, but they shipped it with cardboard around it that barely matched the end of all sides of the book, shipped it in a tiny paper envelope, so of course the entire upper left was SMASHED in putting it in the 9.4 range.. it may have left their shop in 9.8, but it's not now.. Damn them and their lazy ass shipping.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I got my "NM" copy in from Mile High today, but they shipped it with cardboard around it that barely matched the end of all sides of the book, shipped it in a tiny paper envelope, so of course the entire upper left was SMASHED in putting it in the 9.4 range.. it may have left their shop in 9.8, but it's not now.. Damn them and their lazy ass shipping.
The last time I ordered from Mile High it came to me that way as well... That was back in April.. never again.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #106 (permalink)

That's my last time ordering from them.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
5 copies of Savage Wolverine destroyed by horrific packaging. First and only time I will ever purchase from them.
DigsUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
5 copies of Savage Wolverine destroyed by horrific packaging. First and only time I will ever purchase from them.
My Wolves came with poor packaging as well and plenty of spine creases.
J.MEISTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #109 (permalink)

YAY! 20x Todd #1 2nd prints!

BOO-BIES! Half of them have some corner/spine wear for about >5mm.

Mixed bag, will try to return to shop.

On a closer inspection: 9 VF/MM, 11 dinged. POOPSICLES!

Last edited by Scottie; 07-19-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbo4545 View Post
They are complaining because its called keyword spamming. Alot of boardies over there look for specific books and when the auction like above shows up it irritates them because it has nothing to do with what is sold in the auction. Imagine if you are looking for Saga or X-men books same thing. They both get alot of keyword spamming as well "CGC it" does and I think that one will get your listing yanked.
fastballspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #111 (permalink)

What will be interesting is how issue 5 and the TPB affect the price in the next coming weeks and months.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #112 (permalink)

Starting to sizzle out. Just sold 1 and 2 FP for $44. I'll still take $22 a book, but I'd almost hold to maximize.
gilbo4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastballspecial View Post
They are complaining because its called keyword spamming. Alot of boardies over there look for specific books and when the auction like above shows up it irritates them because it has nothing to do with what is sold in the auction. Imagine if you are looking for Saga or X-men books same thing. They both get alot of keyword spamming as well "CGC it" does and I think that one will get your listing yanked.
It's marketing. Anyone with half a brain (not directed towards you) knows what he is actually selling and they don't need to click it as you can tell from the picture. The CGC board is full of haters, yet they are kings of the shill bid fake heating up.
DNOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNOC View Post
It's marketing. Anyone with half a brain (not directed towards you) knows what he is actually selling and they don't need to click it as you can tell from the picture. The CGC board is full of haters, yet they are kings of the shill bid fake heating up.
except that "marketing" tactic is against ebay policy.
stardark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
They also have a running probation/hall of shame list that many people and big time buyers and collectors refer to. I find it best not to throw stones at the bee hive.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #116 (permalink)

If you don't work for Ebay you really shouldn't care. Just saying. I understand that it's annoying especially if everyone does that giving false positives. Everyone has done it at one time in some compacity and if you haven't you probably don't sell much.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalado View Post
They also have a running probation/hall of shame list that many people and big time buyers and collectors refer to. I find it best not to throw stones at the bee hive.
Fair enough, maybe that seller can chime in, in a month how much it has effected his sales if any. My guess is very little.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
I can't disagree with that, but any board that gets larger has them. And yes they pump up their books that they are vested in, but its pretty obvious who does it and why by now.(At least I would hope it is. CBT does a good job of calling it out.)

The point stardark was making is its against policy and therefore shouldn't be done. Is it a colossal crime? Not really, but by not acknowledging it or ignoring it just runs the chance of losing business. Sometimes its a lot of business.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #119 (permalink)

I'll just throw my opinion out there.
I do think it's really annoying when you do a search on ebay and you get 10 pages of results and maybe 6 listing are relevant. So yes, the seller can list whatever he wants, but I myself (and I'm sure many others) wont' even look at those type of listings.
techtre2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #120 (permalink)

Yeah I block those listings out. If someone wants to be deceptive with their listing title I have no reason to believe they won't do it elsewhere when it comes to grading, shipping, etc.
stardark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #121 (permalink)

todd prices are down at the moment. good time to pick up copies if u think this will be big. if not, not a good time to sell.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronchua View Post
todd prices are down at the moment. good time to pick up copies if u think this will be big. if not, not a good time to sell.
When prices on auctions soften, then you should sell at fixed price. It stems the tide of a drop
Old 07-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #123 (permalink)

true. i am thinking of buying more lol
Old 07-22-2013, 01:32 AM   #124 (permalink)

Great News, I'll be doing a giveaway which I'll be announcing shortly, let's just say it has to deal with Todd.

In the meantime, I spoke to Ken at San Diego Comic Con, and he confirmed to me that he will most definitely be joining our little community. He was very impressed by our resounding support for his little paper bag wearing innocent bundle of joy. He is a great creator that definitely cares about his fans, and he is eager to chat with us. So look forward to Ken to be joining us probably within the coming week.
Cisco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:16 AM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco69 View Post
Great News, I'll be doing a giveaway which I'll be announcing shortly, let's just say it has to deal with Todd.

In the meantime, I spoke to Ken at San Diego Comic Con, and he confirmed to me that he will most definitely be joining our little community. He was very impressed by our resounding support for his little paper bag wearing innocent bundle of joy. He is a great creator that definitely cares about his fans, and he is eager to chat with us. So look forward to Ken to be joining us probably within the coming week.
Cisco what's going on bro!!! This is Jay from the card shop in SD. Need to come back to CALI!!!
ClipsSkins916 is offline   Reply With Quote