Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is This Good Or Bad??? (Breaking News)

So i just got this email in my email:

As you’ll be hearing in the coming days, CGC has bought Classics Incorporated, and my staff and I will be moving to Sarasota, Florida to continue our services there on February 1st, 2013. This is a very exciting development for not just us, but for our clients and the collecting community at large. The chance to offer pressing and CGC grading under one roof will streamline the submission process and open the door for new ideas for our customers. Classics Incorporated will still be taking in submissions as normal here in Dallas during the next two months.

I will be parting ways with my partner Stephen Ritter at Worldwide Comics. Stephen is an incredibly knowledgeable dealer who understands the market implicitly, and he will continue Worldwide’s success for years to come. It’s been a pleasure working with him these past 5 years. I couldn’t have envisioned a better partnership with anyone else in this business. Stephen got married to his wonderful girl Sharon this past Saturday, and he is just about settled into his new digs in San Antonio, so his life will now be a bit calmer. We will immediately resume work on the pedigree book (which is long, long overdue), a passion project we can’t wait to deliver to the hobby soon.

It’s been an exciting decade for me here in Dallas, developing innovations in pressing, restoration, and other areas of collecting. We will continue to develop new ideas for the company in the coming years as we always have, so expect many exciting things in the future.

See everyone soon,

Matt Nelson
President, Classics Incorporated
1440 Halsey Way, Suite #114
Carrollton, TX 75007
Classics Incorporated - Marvel, DC, CGC Comics, Pressing, Removal, Pro-screens, Pedigrees, Leaf casting, Leafcasting, comic shows

So is this going to be good or bad in the long run? I'm guessing goodbye to the 20% Classics discount. Anyone have any other info?
Cisco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

First I've heard of this move, but I can see CGC now offering this service up front to collectors, but it'll probably be more expensive now that it's part of the machine.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
First I've heard of this move, but I can see CGC now offering this service up front to collectors, but it'll probably be more expensive now that it's part of the machine.
Exactly what I'm afraid of. They will make it much harder on those who get discounts as well. I was getting 20%, so much for that. I'm going to have to give Matt a call on Monday, and try to get more info. I'll post any new info on here.
Cisco69 is offline   Reply With Quote