Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Out of comics a long time. Help me come back

So it has been about 10 years since I picked up a comic. My dad was huge into batman and superman when I was growing up and I would read some of the graphic novels and whatnot that he would get. But nice he stopped his subscriptions at local LCS my reading stopped as well. But now I see dc has rebooted all of there comics which intrigued me very much, especially with this death of a family I'm hearing about. So basically now I am looking to start a collection of my own of the new 52 series. I am looking for all the batmans and supermans, also I am looking for everything that goes with a death in the family. And if there have been anything that's been a "must read" please let me know about that too. One of my favorite graphic novels was kingdom come, has there been anything like that that has come out lately? Thanks for any help anyone can give me
ckelly1983pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

With DC's new 52 that's not a Bat title, I'm really into Animal Man and Swamp Thing.

Image has put out a lot of quality stuff this year - Saga, Think Tank, Revival, Manhattan Projects and Thief of Thieves are all worth checking out. Bedlam is a title that just started, so you can jump right in. A lot of people are comparing the main character to the Joker's long lost brother.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalado View Post
With DC's new 52 that's not a Bat title, I'm really into Animal Man and Swamp Thing.

Image has put out a lot of quality stuff this year - Saga, Think Tank, Revival, Manhattan Projects and Thief of Thieves are all worth checking out. Bedlam is a title that just started, so you can jump right in. A lot of people are comparing the main character to the Joker's long lost brother.
Thank you very much this was very helpful. Very interested to check out bedlam. With the 52's is issue #1 the start of the stories or is it 0? I want to start everything from the beginning
ckelly1983pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Not a problem. The new 52's start with 1. the 0 issues happened after 12 and before 13 I believe. What happens in them takes place before #1, so I think you can read them whenever you'd like.