Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,748
Default Indy's January 2013 Grading Status Thread

================================================
GRADING STATUS & UPDATES
================================================

BO MEMBER: Lexus2903
BOOK: New Avengers #1 Epting Variant
GRADE: 9.8
STATUS: DELIVERED to Lexus2903
==================================
BO MEMBER: Carrbeaz
BOOK: The Dark Knight Returns #1
GRADE: 9.6
STATUS: Shipped out to you on 2/1/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: Carrbeaz
BOOK: Wolverine #1 (Mini Series)
GRADE: 9.6
STATUS: Shipped out to you on 2/1/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: Carrbeaz
BOOK: The Killing Joke
GRADE: 9.8
STATUS: Shipped out to you on 2/1/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: Carrbeaz
BOOK: Superior Spider-Man #1 McGuiness Variant
GRADE: 9.8
STATUS: Shipped out to you on 2/1/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: mrmike79
BOOK: Wolverine #1 (Mini Series)
GRADE: 9.6
STATUS: Shipped out to you on 2/1/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: mikey121581
BOOK: Amazing Spider-Man #365
GRADE: 9.8
STATUS: Shipped out to you on 2/1/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: Major League
BOOK: Amazing Spider-Man #365
GRADE: 9.6
STATUS: Shipped out to you on 2/1/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: studboyt
BOOK: Spider-Man #700 Base Issue
GRADE: 9.8
STATUS: Shipped out to you on 2/1/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: sdoug76
BOOK: Superior Spider-Man #1 Midtown Variant
GRADE: 9.8
STATUS: Shipped to sdoug76 2/20/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: Cobra
BOOK: Star Wars #1 Hastings Variant
GRADE: 9.8

==================================
BO MEMBER: ratherunique
BOOK: Star Wars #1 Hastings Variant
GRADE: 9.8
STATUS: Shipped to ratherunique 2/14/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: Kyleg40
BOOK: Spider-Man #700 Midtown Variant
GRADE: 9.6
STATUS: Shipped out to your buyer on 2/1/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: Kyleg40
BOOK: Spider-Man #700 50th Anniversary Martin Variant
GRADE: 9.8
STATUS: Shipped to Kyleg40 2/13/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: kyleg40
BOOK: Superior Spider-Man #1 Midtown Variant
GRADE: 9.6
STATUS: Shipped to Kyleg40 2/13/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: kyleg40
BOOK: Spider-Man #692 Red Gwen Variant (Sent book to Indy(rec'd 1/18/13))
GRADE: 9.6
STATUS: Shipped to Kyleg40 2/13/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: John91C
BOOK: Star Wars #1 Hastings Variant
GRADE: 9.8
STATUS: Shipped to John91C 2/20/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: John91C
BOOK: Savage Wolverine #1 Mile High Campbell Variant
GRADE: 9.8
STATUS: Shipped to John91C 2/20/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: John91C
BOOK: Walking Dead #48
GRADE: 9.4
STATUS: Shipped to John91C 2/20/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: John91C
BOOK: Walking Dead #61
GRADE: 9.6
STATUS: Shipped to John91C 2/20/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: jcaleo
BOOK: Walking Dead #92
GRADE: 9.8
STATUS: Shipped to Jcaleo 2/20/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: IndySportsCards
BOOK: National Comics #39
GRADE: 5.0

==================================
BO MEMBER: IndySportsCards
BOOK: Thor #344
GRADE: 9.4
STATUS: Sold & Shipped to Kyleg40 1/30/13

==================================
BO MEMBER: IndySportsCards
BOOK: Thor #344
GRADE: 9.4

==================================
BO MEMBER: IndySportsCards
BOOK: Incredible Hulk #271
GRADE: 9.2

==================================
BO MEMBER: IndySportsCards
BOOK: Walking Dead #3
GRADE: 9.4

==================================
BO MEMBER: IndySportsCards
BOOK: Walking Dead #53
GRADE: 9.4

==================================
BO MEMBER: IndySportsCards
BOOK: Superior Spider-Man #1 Quesada 1:100 Variant
GRADE: 9.8

==================================
BO MEMBER: IndySportsCards
BOOK: Spider-Man #300
GRADE: 9.8

==================================
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 02-20-2013 at 07:32 PM.
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,141
Default

What is the charge to have a book graded via, well you?

Never sent comics in for grading before, only cards.

What is the turn around time?

Thanks!
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
What is the charge to have a book graded via, well you?

Never sent comics in for grading before, only cards.

What is the turn around time?

Thanks!
I updated the initial thread. Most of the guys here know this and I assumed everybody else did too.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
popmaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,030
Default

Stupid question here? What exactly is the "modern' service?
__________________
"It's all interpretation, to find the truth you have to read between the lines" -DR

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmaz View Post
Stupid question here? What exactly is the "modern' service?
It's their cheaper/slower service for any book newer than 1981 and less than $300 in value
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
popmaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
It's their cheaper/slower service for any book newer than 1981 and less than $300 in value
Thanks for the quick reply. What would be the service/cost for books older than 1981?
__________________
"It's all interpretation, to find the truth you have to read between the lines" -DR

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmaz View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. What would be the service/cost for books older than 1981?
Depends on the value of the book. I just had a WD #19 where they charged me another $30 to grade it since it's new graded value was higher than $300..

I just sent in a 1944 Book valued at $100 on their Economy Fast Track service, and it cost me roughly $80 to grade it with all shipping/fees, etc..
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
popmaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Depends on the value of the book. I just had a WD #19 where they charged me another $30 to grade it since it's new graded value was higher than $300..

I just sent in a 1944 Book valued at $100 on their Economy Fast Track service, and it cost me roughly $80 to grade it with all shipping/fees, etc..
I have never submitted a comic for grading but I am interested in getting a couple of older Batman or Detectives submitted. Am I able to do so in this group submission?
__________________
"It's all interpretation, to find the truth you have to read between the lines" -DR

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 765
Default

Question.

If I send a sketch cover in, will it come back with a yellow label?

Thanks,
Jason
__________________
www.orange-thirteen.com
https://www.etsy.com/shop/OrangeThirteen
http://orangethirteen.tumblr.com/
jadams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadams View Post
Question.

If I send a sketch cover in, will it come back with a yellow label?

Thanks,
Jason
I think those need to be witnessed by CGC in person, but I may be wrong. Unverified sigs come back in as Green label (which might bring down value).
hellojeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
chalado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 1,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadams View Post
Question.

If I send a sketch cover in, will it come back with a yellow label?

Thanks,
Jason
If it was sketched in front of a CGC witness, then yes. If not, then I think it gets the green label.

I've never submitted anything for a yellow label before so don't quote me on that, but I believe that's the way it works.
__________________
Am I going to learn karate?
The Dane Cook of martial arts? No.
chalado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmaz View Post
I have never submitted a comic for grading but I am interested in getting a couple of older Batman or Detectives submitted. Am I able to do so in this group submission?
If they're before 1981, they can't go in this group, but I'd be more than happy to send in on the Economy Fast Track service, which is a bit more expensive, about $17 more per book. What are the published dates of the books?
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojeffy View Post
I think those need to be witnessed by CGC in person, but I may be wrong. Unverified sigs come back in as Green label (which might bring down value).

Exactly. You can only get the yellow label if CGC witnesses the signature and you submit it to them in person at a convention. That's why the yellows pull in such a premium over Green Labels. Green labels are could be the same exact book but without CGC witnessing the signature they will not give it a yellow label.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
popmaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
If they're before 1981, they can't go in this group, but I'd be more than happy to send in on the Economy Fast Track service, which is a bit more expensive, about $17 more per book. What are the published dates of the books?
The books that I am considering range from 1962-1968
Titles range from Daredevil, Batman, DC, Nick Fury and 1 Brave and the Bold.
__________________
"It's all interpretation, to find the truth you have to read between the lines" -DR

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmaz View Post
The books that I am considering range from 1962-1968
Titles range from Daredevil, Batman, DC, Nick Fury and 1 Brave and the Bold.
Yeah, I'd have to send them in on the Economy Fast Track service, which would be $67 per book. The older your books are, and the more valuable the more they charge to grade them. I just had to pay double on a Walking Dead #19 because after they graded it 9.8, it's value quadrupled, which led to them bumping up insurance costs as everything they grade is fully insured.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
popmaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Yeah, I'd have to send them in on the Economy Fast Track service, which would be $67 per book. The older your books are, and the more valuable the more they charge to grade them. I just had to pay double on a Walking Dead #19 because after they graded it 9.8, it's value quadrupled, which led to them bumping up insurance costs as everything they grade is fully insured.
I could only do like 1 or 2 at a time. I won't lie, I want to grade them to move them. I have had them for 15+ years. But I want to make sure I get fair prices and grading seems to be the best way to ensure that I do. Is there a minimum amount of books that you would need for submission?
__________________
"It's all interpretation, to find the truth you have to read between the lines" -DR

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmaz View Post
I could only do like 1 or 2 at a time. I won't lie, I want to grade them to move them. I have had them for 15+ years. But I want to make sure I get fair prices and grading seems to be the best way to ensure that I do. Is there a minimum amount of books that you would need for submission?
No, since it would only be your books on this order. Shipping would add up over time, but it's minimal compared to their grading costs. Just PM me with what you want to grade, and I can get you setup and get you my info to send books to get them sent in.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:23 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
kyleg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Huffman, Texas
Posts: 3,494
Default

I actually was thinking of ASM 692 Gwen Variant..50.00 for fast?
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleg40 View Post
I actually was thinking of ASM 692 Gwen Variant..50.00 for fast?
Yep. That's a great book to get graded.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Exactly. You can only get the yellow label if CGC witnesses the signature and you submit it to them in person at a convention. That's why the yellows pull in such a premium over Green Labels. Green labels are could be the same exact book but without CGC witnessing the signature they will not give it a yellow label.

Actually I've researched this a bit. I've talked to the SS guy at CGC.

I can send in sketch covers and get the yellow SS label. However, it has to be 10 at a time.

I'm thinking about doing a sketch opp in the near future, but I'd rather have some one facilitate one. IndySportsCards, are you someone who is authorized to be a facilitator or witness?
__________________
www.orange-thirteen.com
https://www.etsy.com/shop/OrangeThirteen
http://orangethirteen.tumblr.com/
jadams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadams View Post
Actually I've researched this a bit. I've talked to the SS guy at CGC.

I can send in sketch covers and get the yellow SS label. However, it has to be 10 at a time.

I'm thinking about doing a sketch opp in the near future, but I'd rather have some one facilitate one. IndySportsCards, are you someone who is authorized to be a facilitator or witness?
I'd have to call CGC and find out, but as of this moment I am not and have never done that. Would probably need to coordinate with a store location. It could probably be done, but would require more people
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,748
Default

I have compiled all the orders for January (Including two previous Spider-Man #365's I sent in on already) so we can have 1 thread to check status of orders.

If you have a book in this order, please subscribe to the thread (Thread Tools Menu above, select Subscribe to Thread, and if you turn on email notifications you'll be alerted any time I add an update regarding status change, photos available, shipping etc..)

All books will be photographed when I get them back so you'll have something to use for any potential listings, showing off, impressing friends, etc..
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
DigsUT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Posts: 2,351
Default

Hey Indy, have you received your SSM 1 MT variants yet?
__________________
Back in the card collecting game
Hockey: Jack Campbell - Football: PENDING
DigsUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
Hey Indy, have you received your SSM 1 MT variants yet?
Yes, they'll be going in either tomorrow or monday
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,748
Default

The rest of the January books were packaged up and shipped off to CGC this evening.

This is the actual box the are in.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.