Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default LCS shadiness, ASM 700 related

went to my lcs for asm 700 on the day of release. i was looking forward to walking out with 2 or 3 regular copies and ended up coming out with just 1. reason being, every single copy on the stack and there was a big stack, was dinged up on upper left hand corner. i got stuck picking up 1 that was the least damaged.

today i walked into my lcs, only to find a huge stack of bag and boarded asm 700s in perfect condition selling for $14.99 each. makes me wonder if the owner cherry picked all the good copies on the day of release. i'm really fet up with the lCS shennanigans.
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Well my LCS is offering the Ditko variants for $1k a piece due to the "market prices" on eBay.

SMH...
TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Well my LCS is offering the Ditko variants for $1k a piece due to the "market prices" on eBay.

SMH...
I have one LCS near me that pays attention to eBay and the secondary market, so he prices the variants for what they go for online. A couple others put them out at cover. I wish I would have been in the area on the 26th. Probably could have grabbed some good ASM 700s 1:100 or 1:150 as even the smallest stores who usually only get 1:25 or 1:10's loaded up on the book.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

One of the LCS in my area wanted $350 for the Sketch variant at his store.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

^^^^^^^^^^ gotta be perry.... lol
I like anything that I've never seen before, I can't really place my finger on it..... Wow me if I have something you want. Wil Myers, Mike Zunino, Mike "Giancarlo" Stanton, Stamkos, Longoria, Josh Freeman, Lecavalier, Martin St. Louis. And the regulars, Hofer's from any sport. Bucket.... http://s860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/aquzuqa/
houseofcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherunique View Post
went to my lcs for asm 700 on the day of release. i was looking forward to walking out with 2 or 3 regular copies and ended up coming out with just 1. reason being, every single copy on the stack and there was a big stack, was dinged up on upper left hand corner. i got stuck picking up 1 that was the least damaged.

today i walked into my lcs, only to find a huge stack of bag and boarded asm 700s in perfect condition selling for $14.99 each. makes me wonder if the owner cherry picked all the good copies on the day of release. i'm really fet up with the lCS shennanigans.
He might not have cherry picked them, but might have been lazy and didn't bag and board the books the night before. Chances are, with such a huge order and the terrible quality of the paper Marvel uses, the books were in bad condition already. His laziness didn't help by just throwing them out there if he bags and boards all new books.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Sorry to hear man....my LCS had more copies of the ASM #700 50th anniversary and another variant for cover price. But they are limiting 2 per customer. They didn't have any regular copies though...
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
^^^^^^^^^^ gotta be perry.... lol
Was actually Emerald City
Old 01-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

oh... lol. i dont frequent that shop so much anymore....
I like anything that I've never seen before, I can't really place my finger on it..... Wow me if I have something you want. Wil Myers, Mike Zunino, Mike "Giancarlo" Stanton, Stamkos, Longoria, Josh Freeman, Lecavalier, Martin St. Louis. And the regulars, Hofer's from any sport. Bucket.... http://s860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/aquzuqa/
houseofcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Similar situation at mine. Said he was sold out of 700, went today for SS... 2 copies of 700 @ $12.99 each.
mhuhn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

I don't see any major moral issues with shops speculating on books and holding some back in case they rise in value. Isn't that exactly what we all do? In the sports card market there are pre-ordered products that go crazy pre-release due to the hottest rookie cards in them, and the day they come out a pre-ordered product such as Bowman can be bought factory direct for $39 a box, but be $80 online at the time of release, so I don't see why the dealer would have to sell them at $59 SRP when he knows he can't get them back for less than $80 or so.

If the shop owner knows you're a valued customer that buys a lot from him, I'm sure you could just ask him when hot products come out to try and pick out some clean copies. Besides, if he ordered an allotment of 200 copies to get all of the Variants, I don't think he could put all 200 of them on the wall.
jasonadkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

I am kinda glad I am broke..lol..I would have gone nuts at the little mom and pop stores here..
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mikey121581

I have 50 asm 700 en route to my house....this is y I buy bulk
Brooke Tessmacher,WWE Elite Figures,Green Arrow
mikey121581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuhn23 View Post
Similar situation at mine. Said he was sold out of 700, went today for SS... 2 copies of 700 @ $12.99 each.
I feel like this is the type of crap along with stupid/greedy moves by publishers that helped kill the industry in the 90's...