Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
kyleg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Huffman, Texas
Posts: 3,624
Default Had to do a stupid sale for ASM 300

I had to get cash, so I let a CGC graded ASM 300 go for 85.00..it was over a 9.0 rating..I hated doing it but had too..
kyleg40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 22,320
Default

Sometimes you just have to. It was a bargain for another comic collector though and hopefully someday you'll be able to be on the other end of deal like that. Happens all the time in the comic world.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
"Panini is the Honey Badger of the card collecting world." - Indy
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
LBSB333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,910
Default

That sucks man...sorry to hear. I hope to one day get that book also for my PC.
__________________
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
kyleg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Huffman, Texas
Posts: 3,624
Default

As soon as the ASM 700 stuff clears I am buying another, and then alot of silver age items
kyleg40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Acapulco_Gold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 171
Default

I remembered when my wife bought me this for Father's Day!! Man I was stoked I remember being a kid and wanting it so bad! At the time I checked the prices and a slabbed one was going for over 600 at around a 9.5 or so!! I have a mid 9 so I really need to get it slabbed just in case I need to sell it one day.... Sorry you had to bro! It would kill me to have to sell this one! I even got a ASM #6 in good condition but that thing hasnt gone up in price at all!
Acapulco_Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 22,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acapulco_Gold View Post
I remembered when my wife bought me this for Father's Day!! Man I was stoked I remember being a kid and wanting it so bad! At the time I checked the prices and a slabbed one was going for over 600 at around a 9.5 or so!! I have a mid 9 so I really need to get it slabbed just in case I need to sell it one day.... Sorry you had to bro! It would kill me to have to sell this one! I even got a ASM #6 in good condition but that thing hasnt gone up in price at all!
9.5 ? What are you, a card guy?! We deal with EVEN numbers above 9.0 in comics! TRAITOR!!!
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
"Panini is the Honey Badger of the card collecting world." - Indy
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
DigsUT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleg40 View Post
I had to get cash, so I let a CGC graded ASM 300 go for 85.00..it was over a 9.0 rating..I hated doing it but had too..
Should have listed that bad boy here and you may have been able to get a "wise guy" loan, using the book as collateral
__________________
Back in the card collecting game
Hockey: Jack Campbell - Football: PENDING
DigsUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Acapulco_Gold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 171
Default

HAHA!! It's funny you say that cause I figured if it was "considered" over a 9 that it should be top of the pops!!! I've had someone tell me that it wasn't a 9.whatever so he couldn't justify paying my price..... I grabbed the book and told him to go **** himself! a 9 is a 9 however you spin it.... high or low... that's my opinion maybe that's why I never make money at this either! that and I never could sell anything really since I love them so much!
Acapulco_Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
chalado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 1,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acapulco_Gold View Post
HAHA!! It's funny you say that cause I figured if it was "considered" over a 9 that it should be top of the pops!!! I've had someone tell me that it wasn't a 9.whatever so he couldn't justify paying my price..... I grabbed the book and told him to go **** himself! a 9 is a 9 however you spin it.... high or low... that's my opinion maybe that's why I never make money at this either! that and I never could sell anything really since I love them so much!
There is quite a big difference between a 9.0 and a 9.8 and the prices reflect this. Maybe not as dramatic with this book or some other books from the 80's, but with modern books you'll see quite a price gap between a 9.8 and a 9.6. Heck 9.9 or 10 commands a premium as they are hard to achieve.
__________________
Am I going to learn karate?
The Dane Cook of martial arts? No.
chalado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Acapulco_Gold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 171
Default

I frown on the whole grading system in general cause it's all subjective.... You could honestly be catching at guy on a hangover or a bad day and he grades perfectly high gradeable books at a low number.... that's just my .02 cents. Even with newer books I can see how a major bend or something can knock it down but the books that just came out and your giving it low grade cause you purchased it that way no breaks or bends is kind of a rip off. Sometimes it feels like the old it's my ball, you want to play then you play by my rules.... real douchebag type stuff.
Acapulco_Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.