Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #51 (permalink)

Just remembered there was a butch in pulp fiction
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Now watch them come after us for making ungodly profits off of slave action dolls.
Thats horrible..lol..
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:56 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleg40 View Post
Thats horrible..lol..
But not far from the truth
Old 01-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #54 (permalink)

Shh..I wanna feel happy..The reality is they are adult toys, its an adult movie, should we ban it too? How about we police our children so they do what they are supposed to do and put the slavery and past behind us..We as white americans can only pay for forefathers sins for so long
Old 01-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #55 (permalink)

Got Butch last night from Clark Toys. Checked on there a few minutes ago and was able to get Candie and Schultz. Still have butch available as well but I ordered one of each because I'm still not convinced these are the same as the ones on eBay right now, nor am I convinced that I'll ever receive these and don't want to tie a bunch of $ up only to be refunded 2-3 months from now.

http://www.clarktoys.com/nsearch.html?query=django
mhuhn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #56 (permalink)

Word of Caution. I talked with the owner of Clark Toys today about those Django Figures with the slave-action grip and he told me he's been told by NECA that they may not be able to fulfill his pre-orders as it was, and they will fill them as they came in, but chances are if you ordered later, you may not see your orders. Be carefull if pre-selling if you've ordered through Clark Toys.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #57 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mikey121581

funny how they list em for 199.99 now
Brooke Tessmacher,WWE Elite Figures,Green Arrow
mikey121581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Word of Caution. I talked with the owner of Clark Toys today about those Django Figures with the slave-action grip and he told me he's been told by NECA that they may not be able to fulfill his pre-orders as it was, and they will fill them as they came in, but chances are if you ordered later, you may not see your orders. Be carefull if pre-selling if you've ordered through Clark Toys.
I spoke with them and heard the same. Told them to keep my orders and ill hope for the best. Not expecting to get them but it would be cool. Won't be surprised to see a lot of people cancelled then re-sold at higher price. Though I have to give them the benefit of the doubt since I've never ordered there before.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #59 (permalink)

got my order from clark already, so im all set . keeping one django for myself and selling the rest

just waitng for big bad toy store to ship the rest .

Last edited by mma138; 01-20-2013 at 01:05 AM.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
yeah you could see this one coming a mile away. it's almost a given that no one that has pre ordered these the last week or so will ever be seeing them. if you weren't lucky enough to order these months ago and get them before all the hub bub started you are sh!t out of luck. hope that kyle kid didn't spend any of the money he thought he made the other day, cause he'll be issuing some refunds to some unhappy customers really soon here.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #61 (permalink)

I never spend money, until I ship.. Its part of pre-orders..Been doing pre-orders for awhile now. I have no problem selling them, as long as I list them as a preorder. And then I sit on the cash until I have the item shipped. I actually have the set ordered..I ordered it back about a month ago when TFAW first offered them..But yes I am sure some people pre-sell and keep everything.

Last edited by kyleg40; 01-20-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #62 (permalink)

Looks like we've seen the ceiling hit for most of the figures aside from broomhilda. I've been seeing her sell close to the 2000 mark. I got royally screwed by a buyer who decided to tell me in the wee hours of the morning that he couldn't pay. Now I may have missed my chance to make the maximum profit on my figure.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
I never spend money, until I ship.. Its part of pre-orders..Been doing pre-orders for awhile now. I have no problem selling them, as long as I list them as a preorder. And then I sit on the cash until I have the item shipped. I actually have the set ordered..I ordered it back about a month ago when TFAW first offered them..But yes I am sure some people pre-sell and keep everything.
well it's good you keep the money, but you are just playing with fire doing as many pre-sells as you say you do on ebay. most buyers aren't what you call reasonable people, and the first time you have a major problem, or can't get orders out you are going to find out just how retarded people on ebay can be. just trying to point it out to you cause it seems you are new to selling by looking at your account.

i've been selling since 2006 and it's really not worth it to do what you're doing in the long run. i know you want to get the latest things out and listed to get top dollar, but you are running the risk of getting cases opened on you, and ebay and paypal absolutely have hard on for people selling things they don't have in hand.

once you have a problem and get some chargebacks for pre sells you will raise every red flag they have over at paypal for selling items you don't have, then you are in a world of #@#@#@#@. they will put a lock on your account and freeze up any money you have in there for months while they do their
"investigations", trust me i have first hand experience in this. i also know a few other people that got their accounts limited and shut down for that. then you will have to start all over again and open a account using your wife or mom's name. i was young and stupid and learned the hard way, just trying to help you out. it's really not worth pre selling on ebay no matter how many bases you think you have covered.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:33 AM   #64 (permalink)

I appreciate the concern, but I am ok..I limit my pre-sales to around 3 a month. They are noted in the auction that it all depends on delivery. I refund money if I have too instantly. I have already spoken to Ebay about pre-sales, they have said as long as it is stated in the auction I am fine. But I do appreciate the concern. Also the wifey has been selling nick nacks for about 8 yrs on ebay. Thats why the selling limit etc were new to me. I don't remember them ever having one.

Last edited by kyleg40; 01-21-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:07 AM   #65 (permalink)

i seen last night they were 60.00 at clark toys for the dr king schultz but this morning it was at 1000. and now it says sold out...supposeably this other website is selling them or at least it doesnt say sold out and they accepted my payment but i guess i will have to wait.
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:09 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
I appreciate the concern, but I am ok..I limit my pre-sales to around 3 a month. They are noted in the auction that it all depends on delivery. I refund money if I have too instantly. I have already spoken to Ebay about pre-sales, they have said as long as it is stated in the auction I am fine. But I do appreciate the concern. Also the wifey has been selling nick nacks for about 8 yrs on ebay. Thats why the selling limit etc were new to me. I don't remember them ever having one.
ok well if you get some in hand let me know..thanks
Old 01-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherunique View Post
Looks like we've seen the ceiling hit for most of the figures aside from broomhilda. I've been seeing her sell close to the 2000 mark. I got royally screwed by a buyer who decided to tell me in the wee hours of the morning that he couldn't pay. Now I may have missed my chance to make the maximum profit on my figure.
not sure what i will get for mine, but now im wishing i had listed a one or 3 day auction
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #68 (permalink)
Administrator

Not sure if this has been posted yet, these figured have been officaly discontinued.

Weinstein Co. asks toymaker to discontinue 'Django' action figures - latimes.com
blowoutcards3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #69 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards3 View Post
Not sure if this has been posted yet, these figured have been officaly discontinued.

Weinstein Co. asks toymaker to discontinue 'Django' action figures - latimes.com
i think it was, do know why we have two django threads lol
aggies1960 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #70 (permalink)

Message from clarktoys.com
"As far as we know right now, the Django figures are still on schedule to be released in Feb.
We know we cannot fulfill every preorder we have. NECA said that they could not fulfill 100% of the order we placed with them.
We are going to process orders as they were placed."
Old 01-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggies1960 View Post
Message from clarktoys.com
"As far as we know right now, the Django figures are still on schedule to be released in Feb.
We know we cannot fulfill every preorder we have. NECA said that they could not fulfill 100% of the order we placed with them.
We are going to process orders as they were placed."
are these still gonna be 1st editions?
Old 01-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherunique View Post
are these still gonna be 1st editions?
just asked them that, my guess would be yes
Old 01-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #73 (permalink)

well my preorder was cancelled..o well
Old 01-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #74 (permalink)

So it seems these aren't going bananas as they were the other day. I'm thinking that once these dry up or pre orders don't get filled, these see a price spike again. Or maybe I'm totally off and I should accept any reasonable offer that comes my way.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #75 (permalink)

I emailed Clark to have mine cancelled earlier. No reason to tie my $ up only to inevitably be let down. Not to mention it seems prices have peaked for the lesser characters anyway.