Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #126 (permalink)
Member
 
KB81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,856
Default

Again.... sigh... missed out
__________________
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson
KB81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #127 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
aggies1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuhn23 View Post
Makes me sad. Spinning about $300 into $5,000 in about 3 weeks time. I'm kicking myself left and right over it. Would have been a damn nice vacation. Son of a...
im trying not to think about it
__________________
SHSU Class 16' - Go Bearkats!
aggies1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #128 (permalink)
Member
 
cdizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rock Ridge-The sheriff is near!!
Posts: 1,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Did you add commentary, or is Ebay playing PC police?
no commentary, same wording as most of the other auctions. I'm going to throw them back up, but it's pretty ridiculous
__________________
Equipmunk sharp, equipmunk dirty. Equipmunk make Kevin's bobbum hurty. Forever unclean!!!
cdizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #129 (permalink)
Member
 
ratherunique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
I want to know if people are getting paid or if these auctions are getting ran up.
Someone bought mine in the bin for $499 than backed out. Told me all late and I missed out on the peak sells
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #130 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,717
Default

just woke up and got the bad news that ebay took my auctions down . how am i supposed to sell these now ?

i have a stephen and a django if anyone is interested......... off to work. will respond to any pm's in the morning
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #131 (permalink)
Member
 
ratherunique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
just woke up and got the bad news that ebay took my auctions down . how am i supposed to sell these now ?

i have a stephen and a django if anyone is interested......... off to work. will respond to any pm's in the morning
Fok as did mine. What will this do to the value now?
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #132 (permalink)
Member
 
kyleg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Huffman, Texas
Posts: 3,664
Default

Try amazon for selling em
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #133 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,501
Default

People are reporting them more than likely, and if you keep listing them - you will get a nice little e-mail from ebay. I had an issue with a sketch card that kept getting yanked due to nudity (even when I censored it). Almost earned me a timeout.

However, I doubt you would get one for a second offense. Run them for a 24 hours auction and see what happens? Maybe you can get it sold before it get's reported and someone is able to remove it?
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #134 (permalink)
Member
 
ratherunique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,124
Default

anyone know any alternative sites to sell?
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #135 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 22,823
Default

At 11am today ebay had 105 Django Action Figure listings, tonight they have 5. They have basically banned the doll from their site as they are the self appointed judges of what's socially acceptable. I hate Ebay Nazis.
__________________
Indy's CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
Want your Comic Graded or Pressed? - http://tinyurl.com/pn74odq
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #136 (permalink)
Member
 
ratherunique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,124
Default

anyone interested in a django hit me up on my pm
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #137 (permalink)
Member
 
Carrbeaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,193
Default

Damn I am SO glad I sold mine quickly... Funny you can't get a figure but yet you can buy lots of other things a lot worse..
__________________
If you ask me what is the least I will take, then I am going to respond with, "What is the most you are willing to pay?"
Carrbeaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #138 (permalink)
Member
 
Carrbeaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,193
Default

Wait, how can they remove these, they are not breaking any Ebay policies.
__________________
If you ask me what is the least I will take, then I am going to respond with, "What is the most you are willing to pay?"
Carrbeaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #139 (permalink)
Member
 
ratherunique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,124
Default

this is the message i got from ebay:

DJANGO UNCHAINED 8" "DJANGO" ACTION FIGURE NECA


Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:

Since the manufacturer of this product has discontinued the item’s sale due to its potentially offensive nature, we are not allowing it to be sold on eBay. We appreciate that you have chosen eBay to sell your items, however I must insist you don't relist this item.



We don't allow listings that use racially offensive terms on eBay.

Learn more about this policy at:
Offensive material policy

All fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.



Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

You can review our list of prohibited and restricted items here:
Prohibited and restricted items ? overview

If you have any more questions, contact our policy experts. Get started by clicking the link below.
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...OA&From=163954

We appreciate your understanding.
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #140 (permalink)
Member
 
Carrbeaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherunique View Post
this is the message i got from ebay:

DJANGO UNCHAINED 8" "DJANGO" ACTION FIGURE NECA


Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:

Since the manufacturer of this product has discontinued the item’s sale due to its potentially offensive nature, we are not allowing it to be sold on eBay. We appreciate that you have chosen eBay to sell your items, however I must insist you don't relist this item.



We don't allow listings that use racially offensive terms on eBay.

Learn more about this policy at:
Offensive material policy

All fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.



Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

You can review our list of prohibited and restricted items here:
Prohibited and restricted items ? overview

If you have any more questions, contact our policy experts. Get started by clicking the link below.
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...OA&From=163954

We appreciate your understanding.
Then they should remove ALL Django merchandise...
__________________
If you ask me what is the least I will take, then I am going to respond with, "What is the most you are willing to pay?"
Carrbeaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #141 (permalink)
Member
 
ratherunique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
Then they should remove ALL Django merchandise...
i guess i'm forced to PC my django because of PC
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #142 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 22,823
Default

Only Dolls remind people of slavery, not the movie which showcases it, just dolls. Doll are evil.

Ebay is retarded.
__________________
Indy's CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
Want your Comic Graded or Pressed? - http://tinyurl.com/pn74odq
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #143 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
aggies1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Only Dolls remind people of slavery, not the movie which showcases it, just dolls. Doll are evil.

Ebay is retarded.
in the interview with the activists, they said they liked the movie. But slavery (the dolls) was something that should not be played with.
__________________
SHSU Class 16' - Go Bearkats!
aggies1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #144 (permalink)
Member
 
ratherunique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggies1960 View Post
in the interview with the activists, they said they liked the movie. But slavery (the dolls) was something that should not be played with.
they should make dolls of the activists.
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #145 (permalink)
Member
 
Carrbeaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,193
Default

Sadly, I don't think the dolls are the problem for people when it comes to Ebay, it's another bad word... profit.
__________________
If you ask me what is the least I will take, then I am going to respond with, "What is the most you are willing to pay?"
Carrbeaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #146 (permalink)
Member
 
Carrbeaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherunique View Post
they should make dolls of the activists.
Call them

Jbutthurt

The J is silent.
__________________
If you ask me what is the least I will take, then I am going to respond with, "What is the most you are willing to pay?"
Carrbeaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #147 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 22,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggies1960 View Post
in the interview with the activists, they said they liked the movie. But slavery (the dolls) was something that should not be played with.
This isn't logic. These people are retarded.
__________________
Indy's CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
Want your Comic Graded or Pressed? - http://tinyurl.com/pn74odq
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #148 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 22,823
Default

Now some group is going after Lego Star Wars

Austria’s Turkish community said the model was based on Hagia Sophia mosque in Istanbul and that the accompanying figures depicted Asians and Orientals as people with “deceitful and criminal personalities.”

When will the grown ups, grow up?
__________________
Indy's CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
Want your Comic Graded or Pressed? - http://tinyurl.com/pn74odq
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:14 AM   #149 (permalink)
Member
 
ratherunique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Now some group is going after Lego Star Wars

Austria’s Turkish community said the model was based on Hagia Sophia mosque in Istanbul and that the accompanying figures depicted Asians and Orientals as people with “deceitful and criminal personalities.”

When will the grown ups, grow up?
they might as well protest return of the jedi.

i'm all against racism and all, but some peeps just need to get over themelves. they cry racism, but live in a bubble of color
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:14 AM   #150 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
aggies1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,040
Default

ABC News Videos & Live News Clips Online - ABC News
here is what i was talking about

how do i post the video in here?
__________________
SHSU Class 16' - Go Bearkats!
aggies1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.