Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Slow eBay payments

I specifically marked immediate payment in the item description on a bin item I sold. It's been about 2 hours and buyer has yet pay. Should I end this deal, or am I just being impatient?
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Might be being a little impatient. I'd wait until the end of the day. email the buyer in the morning letting him or her know that immediate payment is required.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm not sure what eBay considers immediate, so they may not let you call off/file a case on the deal right now.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Did you check the immediate payment box when listing? If you did the system failed you. A buyer would not be able to buy item without going through ALL steps including payment. If you just requested immediate payment as part of description ..good luck. A buyer has up to 7 days to pay. You can open a case after 4 days and close 3 days later if no reply. You get your fees back and the buyer gets a mark against their account. Too many of those and he/she is booted from e-bay ...with that user id....that's another problem.

Last edited by viperdays; 01-19-2013 at 06:55 PM.
viperdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdays View Post
Did you check the immediate payment box when listing? If you did the system failed you. A buyer would not be able to buy item without going through ALL steps including payment. If you just requested immediate payment as part of description ..good luck.
Yeah...what viper said.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdays View Post
Did you check the immediate payment box when listing? If you did the system failed you. A buyer would not be able to buy item without going through ALL steps including payment. If you just requested immediate payment as part of description ..good luck.
Damn didn't even see that. I post everything on my iPhone, so my options may have limited. I'll be sure to look out for that next time.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

I give em 24 hours from the sale time, I send em an invoice right away. I am almost sold out, all my Variant wolverines went, I think I only have 5 star wars left out of 33..All my django sold, last one for 400.00..Think tanks actually sold 2 of em, kept the autographed one..Then boom, ebay decides I can only do 3,5,7,10 day auctions, no more 1 days until I get 7 more positive feedback..I told em, buyers don't always leave it..
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

On the flip side a seller is still waiting for my Paypal to process on an avengers bid I won. It's been 3 days now and still no go. All my bought items process instantly. I've even made purchases after that with no prob. I dunno what's going wrong
Old 01-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleg40 View Post
I give em 24 hours from the sale time, I send em an invoice right away. I am almost sold out, all my Variant wolverines went, I think I only have 5 star wars left out of 33..All my django sold, last one for 400.00..Think tanks actually sold 2 of em, kept the autographed one..Then boom, ebay decides I can only do 3,5,7,10 day auctions, no more 1 days until I get 7 more positive feedback..I told em, buyers don't always leave it..
Kyle my suggestion to you being a newer seller is to message the buyers and request feedback. You have already dealt with the Paypal hold payment issue too. Remember ebay owns paypal so they are just a monopoly all the way around. When I started they didn't have such rules(the stone age ) . I understand however why they are in place. They don't want new sellers selling a lot in a short time cashing out and leaving them high and dry when credit card are chargedback .
viperdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I was tired of not getting feedback, especially with ebays focus on DSR's.

So I typed up a nice half sheet, thanking buyer, contact with problems, asking for feedback. Printed on color paper and include it with all the items I sell. Percentage of feedback left for me is up around 30%. Well worth it for me.
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send me a copy of that sheet ...lol..That is an excellent idea..I was bad about leaving feedback at first also..
Old 01-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Send me a copy of that sheet ...lol..That is an excellent idea..I was bad about leaving feedback at first also..
Pm me your email, can send you a scan, failed to save the word doc. It is Pretty damn good
Old 01-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

I was having an issue with the sale the other day as well. Buyer did not pay right away. Buyer actually didnt pay till 4 days later using an echeck. I felt better understanding what kind of payments he uses by reading the feedback.
J.MEISTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

I HATE echecks.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

I tried setting up an auction with immediate payment required, but it said a business account was needed to do it.
mhuhn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #16 (permalink)

I got into it with ebay today about not letting do 1 days for awhile. They said well you only pay us 9% I was like ok is that all..I will take the 9% and only give you 5%..The guy, who didn't understand english very well, said oh no..They have some of the stupidest policies in effect now..There has to be an alternative to sell comics on.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
I HATE echecks.
Ahh no wonder my payment is still pending. Don't know how I ended up paying that way. I guess thats what happens when i complete a transaction on an iPhone. All this for 2 bucks worth
Old 01-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #18 (permalink)

I really wish there was another way to sell other than eBay. They are getting ridiculous. Besides all the slow pay bs, in the past week i had someone use my id fraudlently and was trying to sell many items that are prohibited on eBay. so i get an email that i am restricted for selling for the time being. called to explain, and to no avail. they even realize my user id was hijacked. i gotta find a way around this.
jszczerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #19 (permalink)

I have had some luck selling comics on amazon, but you won't have access to your funds for a little while either.
1993 pinnacle Joe dimaggio autograph
2010 topps chipper Jones/ mickey mantle dual gu/50(Got)
crr9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:16 AM   #20 (permalink)

Arrgh buyer messages me and says he fell short on money and can't fulfill the payment. Should I leave bad feedback?
Old 01-20-2013, 02:31 AM   #21 (permalink)

You need to set requirements for buyers..Its in the bottom options..Will make sure usually 10 and below rated won't be able to bid etc..Helps solve a few problems, call ebay and say that the buyer wants to cancel, so your not charged
Old 01-20-2013, 02:37 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
You need to set requirements for buyers..Its in the bottom options..Will make sure usually 10 and below rated won't be able to bid etc..Helps solve a few problems, call ebay and say that the buyer wants to cancel, so your not charged
Can I relist item or do have to wait?
Old 01-20-2013, 02:39 AM   #23 (permalink)

You should be able to relist..Make sure the transaction is done with the buyer
Old 01-20-2013, 03:48 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks. I was jumping for joy after making that sale. I'm pissed the buyer waited so long to cancel. I hope demand hasn't gone down for the item. So bummed out
Old 01-20-2013, 03:59 AM   #25 (permalink)

What did you sell him and for how much?