Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Thoughts on upcoming Image titles

So I was looking at some upcoming Image titles and was wondering what you guys thought of them?

Snapshot 2/6/13 - Midtown is already showing out of stock on this one. The story line seems pretty cool.
Jupiters Legacy 4/24/13
East of West 3/27/13
Postman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

midtown will show in stock about 1 week before release. Since it's so close to the release date they stop selling these as pre-orders...

I'm all in with "Five Ghosts: The Haunting of Fabian Gray"
Old 01-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman View Post
So I was looking at some upcoming Image titles and was wondering what you guys thought of them?

Snapshot 2/6/13 - Midtown is already showing out of stock on this one. The story line seems pretty cool.
Jupiters Legacy 4/24/13
East of West 3/27/13
I've got snapshot regular and FP signed variant coming to me... I didn't know Mark Millar was publishing Jupiters Legacy thru Image - it may be hot but why do I feel like its gonna be a saga clone?

East of West will be big, Hickman is a great writer!
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

They are not out of stock. I dont know much about snapshot, I thought it was a mini cant remember. Never heard of jupiters legacy, gotta look into it. East of west i already pre ordered multiples.
skel1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

I just read Stumptown V1 trade and loved it! Greg Rucka is good and Southworth's art is pretty good as well! Since I like Rucka...Image has this coming out and thought I would seeing what you guys think about it.

Lazarus (early 2013)

Set in a near-future dystopian society where the economic woes of the early 21st century continued, then exploded exponentially, resulting in a world where a handful of Families control everything. Having divvied up the world into their own kingdoms, they now spend their days jealously guarding what they have, and coveting what they do not. But for those living without wealth, collectively referred to by the families as “the Waste,” the future is desperate, with day-to-day survival as much the result of the ruling Families as the weather.

Endeavor Carlyle is the youngest daughter of the near-immortal Carlyle Family. She is their Lazarus, a position common to all the Families: part bodyguard to her family, part intelligence director, part military general, she has been genetically modified to defend the Family at all costs, with unwavering loyalty.

But Endeavor Carlyle is beginning to ask questions, and her Family will do everything they can to keep her from finding the answers….
Old 01-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

good thread. i was looking at advanced orders on midtown and researching some titles and here is what i came up with. i agree with skel that east of west looks like a winner.

the other one i'm really starting to think has potential is sex by joe kelly. great writer, dark noir type art, and a really interesting and original idea.

Image Comics | A FORMER SUPERHERO EXPLORES A LIFE OF SEX

here is what's in my midtown cart right now.
[IMG][/IMG]

orphans is written by actor peter facinelli, clandestine black ops type stuff, could be cool, and has possibility of movie or tv with hollywood connects. then colonized is aliens vs. zombies vs. humans, sounds good to me. waiting on some ebay to end tomorrow before i pull the trigger. will probably end up upping the qty. on sex. any thoughts?
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Forgot about Helheim. Check out poison elves too and Pretty Deadly when available for pre order.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Im thinking East of West will be the first book I stock up on, I do have a soft spot for dystopian westerns though
Old 01-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

East of West will have a HUGE print run for Image...it's on the cover of Previews...great writer in Hickman and now everyone is one the Image bandwagon. This will surpass Saga's print run of 37K!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Well if it prices like saga, even with a high print run, will be fine.
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleg40 View Post
Well if it prices like saga, even with a high print run, will be fine.
If it prices like Saga I am going to make a small forture base on how many I have ordered.

I still think Nowhere men is the true sleeper(not really anymore) of the bunch.

Always buying Iron Man 55, Captain Marvel 33, Avengers Annual #7, Various other Bronze Age Thanos appearances.
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

It wont price like Saga. Nothing will price like Saga for a long while, unless there is a tv show behind it :P

The days of finding Image titles like manhattan projects or Saga or TOT is over. 2012 was great for image and guess what? Everyone wants to be on board. More speculators, more copies out there, higher print runs, less profit overall. Say goodbye to 2012 and change tactics like a true comic ninja

Last edited by skel1977; 01-26-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
If it prices like Saga I am going to make a small forture base on how many I have ordered.
It took Saga about 7-8 months before it caught fire...I don't think the natives on this board can wait it out that long...a lot of the current members are looking for quick flips!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #14 (permalink)

I don't know..Todd has become pretty popular..And its a new title..
Old 01-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
It took Saga about 7-8 months before it caught fire...I don't think the natives on this board can wait it out that long...a lot of the current members are looking for quick flips!
I have no problem waiting.. Already starting a nice cycle of comics I bought back in dec.. I still don't want to sell any Nowhere men just yet.

But I have moved through a ton of ASMs and SS, as well as Star Wars and MLP

Always buying Iron Man 55, Captain Marvel 33, Avengers Annual #7, Various other Bronze Age Thanos appearances.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #16 (permalink)

Saga was popular from issue #1 and stayed in the under $20 range for months...you could pick up CGC 9.8 for under $50 for months...it wasn't until the "best of the best" list came out and everyone ranked Saga as the #1 comic of 2012 that it went into hyper-drive. As you can see prices are starting to settle down!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

i remember you could get sage # 1 getting them for 5 dollars but limit 1 -2 per person, I The other one i made a mistake on was changing my order last minute i had thief of thieves in my cart but i went "secret" instead.. wut a mistake that was.. Had some great picks though Revival, Bedlam, ect..

Great people on this board 2012 was awesome... lets see how 2013 goes all..

Last edited by Muaythai; 01-26-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Muaythai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #18 (permalink)

I remember ToT...I bought 50 @ 50% off through midtown when I pre-ordered. I remember talking to a few boardies on here and they all thought it wouldn't be that good. I went all out on ToT and it's one of my biggest profits I've ever made! I'm down to 10 raws and still have 6 or so graded CGC 9.8 and #1-3 CGC 9.8 SS by Kirkman! I don't think I'll ever hit it that well again!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
It wont price like Saga. Nothing will price like Saga for a long while, unless there is a tv show behind it :P

The days of finding Image titles like manhattan projects or Saga or TOT is over. 2012 was great for image and guess what? Everyone wants to be on board. More speculators, more copies out there, higher print runs, less profit overall. Say goodbye to 2012 and change tactics like a true comic ninja
Flash back to the early days of Image.....gulp!
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #20 (permalink)

I used to collect Savage Dragon and Spawn when Image first formed..I remember seeing the McFarlane Amazing Spider-man at the store..
Old 01-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleg40 View Post
I used to collect Savage Dragon and Spawn when Image first formed..I remember seeing the McFarlane Amazing Spider-man at the store..
McFarlanes brother-in-law owned a shop close to me when I was a kid and image first hit the scene.

He closed up years ago, but was still involved in the company some how.
He finally sold everything this past summer and I picked up close to 1,000 McFarlane figures from him for $1-$2 a piece.

He was also selling tens of thousands of Spawn books, basically issues 1-18 for .25 to .50 cents a pop. It was sad, and amazing to see so many Spawn books in one place.
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
I have no problem waiting.. Already starting a nice cycle of comics I bought back in dec.. I still don't want to sell any Nowhere men just yet.

But I have moved through a ton of ASMs and SS, as well as Star Wars and MLP
I'm feeling like this too with this title...I did sell two 2nd print #1s right now, but I'm holding my first print #1 and blue bubble variant.

I don't mind holding some titles for a while...like Indy said...this is a marathon, right!
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #23 (permalink)

fml!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! midtown isn't taking anymore pre orders for east of west, sex, aliens vs. parker, helheim, and orphans now? this is some bullsh!t. they were just available this morning when i put them all in my cart, so i got home from work a bit ago and went to add qty of some books and click update and now none of these titles are available. will they put them back up as available in a few days or am i f'ed here? was really looking forward to some of these titles, this sucks.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
fml!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! midtown isn't taking anymore pre orders for east of west, sex, aliens vs. parker, helheim, and orphans now? this is some bullsh!t. they were just available this morning when i put them all in my cart, so i got home from work a bit ago and went to add qty of some books and click update and now none of these titles are available. will they put them back up as available in a few days or am i f'ed here? was really looking forward to some of these titles, this sucks.
They will become available at/near release. They always do it this way.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
I also use MMComics.com to pre-order, most of those titles are still available here.