Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Black Acre

Just finished reading the first book. I have to say, I am intrigued by this story. Anyone else pick it up? What were your thoughts?
Old 01-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

got myself a copy, but haven't had a chance to read it
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I liked the story line and art work as well. Should get more character development by the next issue...
Muaythai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

I picked up a couple for cover at the lcs..I guess they do order titles occasionally..They ordered 3 copies of this..lol..I order more than they do..
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

#1 has a second print and #2 is already available also. I picked up six clean #1's yesterday just as speculation, I will read it soon. Print run on #1 is 9,800, so if it has lasting power, we might see another Nowhere Men or Mind MGMT type overnight price explosion. I'm going to read #1 right now just to form my own opinion.
jasonadkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Alright, I'm sold on this one, much better read than Nowhere Men IMO. It's got elements of V for Vendetta, Clear and Present Danger, and Walking Dead (no zombies, just the way the remaining bands of people outside the walls deal with each other). Nothing Supernatural, just an interesting yet educated look at where the United States might be heading in 100 years (and it does discuss our current economy and why things went the way they did). I've been disappointed by Bedlam, Great Pacific, and Nowhere Men; this one is a keeper IMO.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

I actually didn't like Blackacre...and love Nowhere Men, Bedlam, and think Great Pacific SUCKS!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

I actually like panzefaust the best out of most done these days, i like the story and twists on the old story
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Got in 20 issues today...
Old 02-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have it, but have not read it yet
Old 02-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Starting on the # 2. So far not a bad read...just need to get a hard copy though..
pinggoy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

Just a heads up, Blackacre #2 had a print run of 5,292 copies and has the first appearances of both Greene and Bird, who should both be key figures in the storyline going forward. #2 should be a key issue to pick up as well. The fact that #1 had a second printing right off the bat before there was any message boards hype should bode well for this series going forward.

9,800 of #1 and 5,300 of #2 makes it 20-30% more rare than Nowhere Men and I think this series is a great read, I checked them both out on comixology.com for $2 each, well worth looking into and snatching up all the #1's and 2's that you can.

Last edited by jasonadkins; 02-02-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonadkins View Post
Just a heads up, Blackacre #2 had a print run of 5,292 copies and has the first appearances of both Greene and Bird, who should both be key figures in the storyline going forward. #2 should be a key issue to pick up as well. The fact that #1 had a second printing right off the bat before there was any message boards hype should bode well for this series going forward.

9,800 of #1 and 5,300 of #2 makes it 20-30% more rare than Nowhere Men and I think this series is a great read, I checked them both out on comixology.com for $2 each, well worth looking into and snatching up all the #1's and 2's that you can.
Thanks for the tip on this. I picked up issues 1-3 tonight 1st prints and all in really great condition. The LCS had a few more copies of #1 and #2 first print, so I'll go by tomorrow and try to snag them. I'm gonna read the story tonight to see how it is.
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #14 (permalink)

Everyone I talk to hates this book. Maybe I'll give it a try since some of you like it tho.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:04 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Everyone I talk to hates this book. Maybe I'll give it a try since some of you like it tho.
And why? I went to the same shop I always go to, skipped on ther probably 5 copies of #2 last week; they were all gone today but one copy of #3 was there (I read #1 and #2 on comixology).

I love how #1 sets up the future of the United States in 100 years based on how our current (2013) economy is going. I guess I enjoy somewhat realistic books rather than the old Super-Heroes and Super-Villains battling it out and the victor just walking away and letting the other survive to face them in the very near future, only to face each other 50+ times in the future without either actually damaged or phased.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:29 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonadkins View Post
And why? I went to the same shop I always go to, skipped on ther probably 5 copies of #2 last week; they were all gone today but one copy of #3 was there (I read #1 and #2 on comixology).

I love how #1 sets up the future of the United States in 100 years based on how our current (2013) economy is going. I guess I enjoy somewhat realistic books rather than the old Super-Heroes and Super-Villains battling it out and the victor just walking away and letting the other survive to face them in the very near future, only to face each other 50+ times in the future without either actually damaged or phased.
All my lcs's have 1,2 and now 3 in. I'll give it a try, my fav books are: Sandman (Gaiman), Preacher and YTLM, and of course WD. Not really into the super hero stuff, unless Frank Miller or a couple of others are writing it.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #17 (permalink)

Volume 1 haveth arrived, quite like the cover and issue #6 out now too for delving into the second arc.

Could be make or break time for this book!
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
, my fav books are: Sandman (Gaiman), Preacher and YTLM, and of course WD. .
Me & you should be friends...nice list.

My LCS has had 2 x #1 first print left since release, I always look at them but I just don't think it'll take...I dunno, when I have extra cash maybe I'll grab them
Madrizzle1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #19 (permalink)

I still think this book has potential. Good read and I think one of the best backbone premises of all the "future apocalypse" stories. I've said it before but I think the cover art is keeping people from picking it up at the store.
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #20 (permalink)

I had to put this one on the back burner, read wise, to catch up on other books. That being said, I would love to see this story in a TV format.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #21 (permalink)

I like Avon Oeming's art -- but the LCS says none of his covers sell.
cmixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #22 (permalink)

Have to agree. Cover's suck. I realize that you can't judge a book by its cover but it doesn't help the sales, I'm sure. I always keep a mental note where there are stacks of various titles so when/if they blow up I know exactly where to go.
DNOC is offline   Reply With Quote