Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
So my saga with Mile High Comics appears to have ended.

To recap, ordered 4 JSC Savage Wolverine #1 Variants and received them damaged due to poor shipping packaging. Sent them back for replacements, called several times to confirm receipt and resend. I was told the last time I called them that they found the ones I sent back and were sending replacements. Today, I notice a refund on my card for the total of the books I bought. I guess I am thankful that I am not out the $33 I spent on them.

This will probably end any future business with MHC. First time purchasing, terrible results all around. However, I will say that they were nice on the phone. That was the only redeeming part of the situation.
Yes about 5 months ago I tried milehighcomics as well. Spend over a 100 bucks to receive comics stacking in bags with no boards in a box. They weren't damaged but could have been. I sent a email but got no reply. Shocks me that one of the most expensive retailers out there online is the cheapest sending comics without boards. Smack of cheapness to me.
natevegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #52 (permalink)
Banned

Ebay id: retro-comics bought rachel rising #2 after pilot news from this seller at cover was apparently 'lost in post' never arrived.

Ebay id: johncritchon bought rachel rising #3 after pilot news from this seller at cover, was also apparently 'lost in post' never arrived.

I guess they both could have well been lost in transit, but so far these are the only 2 books to not arrive since living at this flat for over a year and a half, with hundreds of books ordered, convenient me thinks.
1nelonewolf86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #53 (permalink)

Vault of Midnight.

Comics don't get shipped in a box. Bagged, boarded and loosely thrown into a bubble envelope.
stardark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Got an email from Graham Crackers today, they could only find 1 of the 3 Injustice #2's I ordered at $3.99 each.. Grrrr...
This happened to me once with them and they personally called to tell me what was they couldnt find for my order. Better then I got anywhere else. Other then that order is correct every time.
fastballspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:06 PM   #55 (permalink)

I actually stood up for these guys only to get screwed over on an 8.0 Avengers #55 which they suddenly couldn't find.

My Comic Universe (on Amazon) - "SHADY SELLER!!! Cancels order on book that becomes hot after delaying delivery for 2 week. Charged my card for 2 weeks, selling items on multiple sites and then claims they can't find book. I'm not buying your BS story. You suck. If you think you'll get a hot book ordering from these unprofessional, unacceptable clowns, think again. THEY SUCK!!"
Old 08-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #56 (permalink)

I actually want to add a retailer to this list.

Metropolis Comics and Collectibles
Metropolis Comics and Collectibles - The Online Comic Shop to Buy, Sell, Price & Appraise Comic Books

I might not be speaking for everyone's experiences with this retailer, but here is mine:

I placed an order with Metropolis Comics and Collectibles almost 3 weeks ago, for an Ultimate Spiderman CGC 9.8, which was a consigned item. I read that processing could take anywhere from 5-7 days, and I acknowledged that. So after 7 days and no update I e-mailed the people to ask about why my book hadn't been processed yet, and they made the claim that with the SDCC and whatnot, things were a little backlogged, and so I understood and decided to wait it out. Today, almost 3 weeks later, I finally got an e-mail regarding my order:

We are sorry, but the book you ordered was a consignment book which was sold by the owner without our knowledge. We apologize for the inconvenience. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Thank you for your patience.

I mean what kind of service is this? Shouldn't you as a store owner be a.) keeping track of your inventory, or b.) at least notify the consignment seller that someone had purchased their book right after the purchase occurred?

I bet the comic was sold between the day I purchased it on their site, and today, all because they took forever to just act and tell the seller I had purchased the book.

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed.
hellojeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I actually stood up for these guys only to get screwed over on an 8.0 Avengers #55 which they suddenly couldn't find.

My Comic Universe (on Amazon) - "SHADY SELLER!!! Cancels order on book that becomes hot after delaying delivery for 2 week. Charged my card for 2 weeks, selling items on multiple sites and then claims they can't find book. I'm not buying your BS story. You suck. If you think you'll get a hot book ordering from these unprofessional, unacceptable clowns, think again. THEY SUCK!!"
Did you read what they wrote about you in the response. Classy organization right there.
DigsUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
Did you read what they wrote about you in the response. Classy organization right there.
Yeah. They're trying to make it look like I am the problem here. Projecting the issue onto the consumer when they are clearly in the wrong. Their response may make sense in their scatological mind, but to the clear thinking logical among us, they look like massive douche-bags, which they are.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojeffy View Post
I actually want to add a retailer to this list.

Metropolis Comics and Collectibles
Metropolis Comics and Collectibles - The Online Comic Shop to Buy, Sell, Price & Appraise Comic Books

I might not be speaking for everyone's experiences with this retailer, but here is mine:

I placed an order with Metropolis Comics and Collectibles almost 3 weeks ago, for an Ultimate Spiderman CGC 9.8, which was a consigned item. I read that processing could take anywhere from 5-7 days, and I acknowledged that. So after 7 days and no update I e-mailed the people to ask about why my book hadn't been processed yet, and they made the claim that with the SDCC and whatnot, things were a little backlogged, and so I understood and decided to wait it out. Today, almost 3 weeks later, I finally got an e-mail regarding my order:

We are sorry, but the book you ordered was a consignment book which was sold by the owner without our knowledge. We apologize for the inconvenience. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Thank you for your patience.

I mean what kind of service is this? Shouldn't you as a store owner be a.) keeping track of your inventory, or b.) at least notify the consignment seller that someone had purchased their book right after the purchase occurred?

I bet the comic was sold between the day I purchased it on their site, and today, all because they took forever to just act and tell the seller I had purchased the book.

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed.
Same thing just happened to me. Bit suspicious as I would think that if you consign an item that you would have to leave it with the shop.
DNOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNOC View Post
Same thing just happened to me. Bit suspicious as I would think that if you consign an item that you would have to leave it with the shop.
ah, sorry to hear. That makes it really suspicious considering same thing in same time frame.

I for one will never deal with this retailer again. To think I thought they were nice lol.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #61 (permalink)
BMC
Banned

Strictly speaking for myself, I didn't see what the Avengers #55 CGC was supposed to sell for, but anybody buying those comics as those prices is a moron. $80 for Batman/Spider-Man? I can get that in the .50 boxes at my local store. $60 for Amazing Spider-Man #700? Are you serious? One local store here in town has a stack sitting in their bins for little more than cover.
BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
Strictly speaking for myself, I didn't see what the Avengers #55 CGC was supposed to sell for, but anybody buying those comics as those prices is a moron. $80 for Batman/Spider-Man? I can get that in the .50 boxes at my local store. $60 for Amazing Spider-Man #700? Are you serious? One local store here in town has a stack sitting in their bins for little more than cover.
If you can snag copies of 700 for little more than cover, you should. They sell for about $10+ depending on condition.
DigsUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:40 AM   #63 (permalink)

Your local store must be a gold mine then lol. Hurry and reap the rewards, or let us know if they have an online shop and we'll do it for u :P
Old 08-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #64 (permalink)

EDIT: retracted due to issue being resolved satisfactorily

Last edited by orion7950; 08-28-2013 at 06:08 AM.
orion7950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #65 (permalink)

I'd like to nominate heavyink.com
I ordered Polarity #1 from their site on 4/30 and just received it today 9/10. It came in a flimsy envelope with no packing and no bag/board (shipping was $3.99). The top right corner was bent in pretty good; surprisingly it wasn't damaged even more. The best part is they sent me a 2nd printing. The site shows 1st print and even has the UPC codes for first prints. This was my first and last order there.

Update: I received a message back from heavyink.com stating that they are now shipping all orders out bagged and boarded. I also received a credit for my order. I have to commend them for making right on my order.

Last edited by techtre2003; 09-17-2013 at 03:01 PM.
techtre2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #66 (permalink)

Silver Acre in the UK can be a bit suspect. I've had at least the instances of ordering books. Been told they're out of stock only to see the book then marked up, because they've realised demand had increased.
The Governor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:14 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
Silver Acre in the UK can be a bit suspect. I've had at least the instances of ordering books. Been told they're out of stock only to see the book then marked up, because they've realised demand had increased.
They did this on Avengers 55
talktoofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:47 AM   #68 (permalink)

Yep, that was one of mine they cancelled...
Old 09-20-2013, 05:57 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
Yep, that was one of mine they cancelled...
same same.

I ordered some batman Family 6 & 9 (1st appearance & 1st full cover of original Jokers daughter, Duela Dent) from them the other day & that looks like coming through. they can be Ok sometimes. I got multiple copies of Where Monstaer Dwell 6 off them for £8 each (re print of 1st groot) & flipped them for good money.

I phoned them after Avengers 55 & they said they had about 30 orders for it over night when news from SDCC came out)
I did manage to get 2 copies off someone for £20 though & flipped them for decent £
Old 09-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #70 (permalink)

I actually order my #55 the Friday before the announcement but he still cancelled it and marked it up to £170 ish, but told me there was no stock...
Old 09-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #71 (permalink)

definately add Silveracre to this list. I had an order for Batman Family 6 (for £9.95) cancelled saying it out of stock, only to see it on their site later for 5x the price (£49.95)
Old 09-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talktoofast View Post
definately add Silveracre to this list. I had an order for Batman Family 6 (for 9.95) cancelled saying it out of stock, only to see it on their site later for 5x the price (49.95)
What's the URL to their shop? I'll add them to the list.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:26 AM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talktoofast View Post
definately add Silveracre to this list. I had an order for Batman Family 6 (for 9.95) cancelled saying it out of stock, only to see it on their site later for 5x the price (49.95)
My exact same experience.

Silver Acre

Quite annoying really, I swear he checks every order to make sure it isn't heating up a bit, I had the same thing on JLE #33 as well now I think about it.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #74 (permalink)

I would like to add eBayer nightwing15 to the list.

I bought 32 comic books from them for $140 shipped. It was GotG vol 2 #1-25 and vol 3 #1-7. They wrapped the comic books in three plastic grocery bags to hold them together, put it in an oversized box, and shipped it Media Mail. No cardboard wrapped around, no bubble wrap or packing peanuts. Every issue had all four corners blunted.

And now they want me to return it via Priority Mail on my dime. That makes no sense at all. I am one message away from opening an eBay case.
tommyVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:59 PM   #75 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Home - Savannah Comics

I ordered 5 copies of Izombie's 2 days before news even broke out. I just liked the series and wanted multiples. But my luck news had to break out before my items could be shipped out to me. What they basically did was ignore my countless e-mails and probably. I did wait two week to see if they would ship it out since they stated orders are shipped 24-48 hrs after purchase. But it was never shipped out. I then made a paypal claim and got no response on the resolution center and they refunded me the money. All of a sudden low and behold savannah comics e-mails me telling me that "I" cancelled the order and money was refunded to me. they probably just sold my Items for their gain
Muaythai is offline   Reply With Quote