Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Stock up on X-Factor #6

Have you guys seen this interview that Bleedingcool.com did with Bryan Singer? Apparently, Bleedingcool is almost entirely convinced that Apocalypse will be the bad guy in the new X-Men movie judging by how Singer reacted to their questions.
Here is the link: When Bryan Singer Convinced Me That Apocalypse Is The Villain Of X-Men: Days Of Future Past - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

What do you guys think?
Gus Fring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Very interesting as the article states... Facial expression changes, as well as putting things together, et cetera
Jperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

this has already been a key issue for some time now and is something i am always looking for regardless of this rumor. it has been selling well anyway.

besides singer will cast apocolypse as some tall bald dude with eye liner wearing a leather jacket or something anyway. i have 0 faith in this guy and his ability to deliver on this movie. don't expect to see anything resembling comic costumes in this at all which is a huge mistake. i expect extreme disappointment and will be happy to eat crow if i'm proven wrong.

this guy has slung out nothing but turds since the mediocre x-men 2 and it's terrible wire fu action scenes. jack the giant slayer is epic failure and if this xmen movie blows you will never hear from this guy again.

also if they reall do this and it is mo cap, apocolypse would seem to similar to thanos to the casual movie goer imo, which could be something fox is trying to exploit, or it could blow up in their face. so it could go either way. i could see it causing a lot of confusion though

Last edited by Burt-Reynolds; 03-10-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

You can still get a nice copy cheap to got a nm copy tonight for 14 bucks including shipping.
pudgeandpals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
this has already been a key issue for some time now and is something i am always looking for regardless of this rumor. it has been selling well anyway.

besides singer will cast apocolypse as some tall bald dude with eye liner wearing a leather jacket or something anyway. i have 0 faith in this guy and his ability to deliver on this movie. don't expect to see anything resembling comic costumes in this at all which is a huge mistake. i expect extreme disappointment and will be happy to eat crow if i'm proven wrong.

this guy has slung out nothing but turds since the mediocre x-men 2 and it's terrible wire fu action scenes. jack the giant slayer is epic failure and if this xmen movie blows you will never hear from this guy again.
You really thought X2 was mediocre? I loved that movie and I love Singer as the director and I have very high hopes for this next X-men movie.
And I think Apocalypse will be an awesome villain. But I guess everybody is entitled to their own opinion
Gus Fring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

I am stocked on these and looking for more !
siro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus Fring View Post
You really thought X2 was mediocre? I loved that movie and I love Singer as the director and I have very high hopes for this next X-men movie.
And I think Apocalypse will be an awesome villain. But I guess everybody is entitled to their own opinion
i really do. it was completely mediocre. i recently caught it on fx a few weeks ago and was surprised myself. i remember seeing it at the midnight showing and enjoying the hell out of it. it's not a bad movie by any means, but i think at the time it was really good cause there was barely anything to compare it against.

maybe i've been spoiled by the marvel movieverse and batman trilogy but it's just completely blah to me now, no pizzazz no pop. also the fact that guy hasn't made anything above par since then doesn't fill me with much excitement for this movie. this is the guy that almost killed superman too btw, lest anyone forget.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

I got my CGC 9.8 for $142 DLVD a few months ago, and I'm glad his first appearance was in an X-Factor rather than Uncanny X-Men, definitely a much smaller print run. It's still at a great price for a CGC 9.8 for a key book that is 27 years old. I've been figuring on Apocalypse being the main villain for a while in DOFP, and I still wouldn't be surprised by Bishop joining the cast in the future aspect of the film. That's just a gut feeling, I think they'll save Cable for a Deadpool movie. I guess it's the longtime X-Men fan in me, but I'm definitely looking forward to this movie far more than the other Marvel flicks (Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Cap Am 2, The Wolverine, GOTG, etc.)
jasonadkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus Fring View Post
I have to agree with Burt..Can't believe I am doing that, must have gone over to the dark side..j/k Burt or am I..I think it was a hodgepodge of xmen issues combined into one movie and there was no cohesion. Much had happened between 1 and 2 that made better stories. It was a rush to get out a movie and it showed. I love first class..And I loved the first ASM with Tobey and this ASM with Andrew. They need to take their time with movies and have good stories also..
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #10 (permalink)

Been getting these for a while not too. Also one of only a couple of character that I collect action figures of.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

been stocking up on these as well. i wonder if this will reach thanos levels of demand
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

I'm not familiar with the Days of Future Past story, I didn't get into X-Men until later on. Is Apocalypse part of the story?
Old 03-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
I'm not familiar with the Days of Future Past story, I didn't get into X-Men until later on. Is Apocalypse part of the story?
nope, he wasn't even around during the DOFP storyline. i wonder if he'll be an end credit cameo
Old 03-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherunique View Post
been stocking up on these as well. i wonder if this will reach thanos levels of demand
You never know, but I doubt it. Thanos is suppose to be a major player in several upcoming Marvel movie story lines, thus his popularity is soaring.
DigsUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
You never know, but I doubt it. Thanos is suppose to be a major player in several upcoming Marvel movie story lines, thus his popularity is soaring.
6 Iron Man 55s and counting
Old 03-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
6 Iron Man 55s and counting
At some point, I will have to talk you out of one of those copies. I will need one once Sideshow releases a color Thanos sculpt
DigsUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

This could be your Apocalypse: Omar Sy signs up for new X-Men film | Film | guardian.co.uk

I read the original DOFP (X-Men 141 and 142) recently, and it wouln't have enough juice for a movie in the future realm without a true villain (in 142 it was a master Sentinel). The thought of Apocalypse bein the villain is a tie-in with Age of Apocalypse, which is another alternate futrue for the X-Men where Apocalypse essentially rules North America.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonadkins View Post
This could be your Apocalypse: Omar Sy signs up for new X-Men film | Film | guardian.co.uk

I read the original DOFP (X-Men 141 and 142) recently, and it wouln't have enough juice for a movie in the future realm without a true villain (in 142 it was a master Sentinel). The thought of Apocalypse bein the villain is a tie-in with Age of Apocalypse, which is another alternate futrue for the X-Men where Apocalypse essentially rules North America.
some people are saying he might also be bishop
Old 03-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
X-men 282 for first appearance.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I could live with that too

Old 03-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonadkins View Post
I could live with that too

Portico(spelling) is going to be at MegCon this week... that's his art on 282
Old 03-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #22 (permalink)

As far as print runs are concerned, X-Factor 6 had about 45,000 printed, in comparison to say X-Men #248 (first Jim Lee art) which was around 410,000. So Apocalypse's first appearance is almost ten times more rare in X-Factor than it would have been if he made his first appearance in an X-Men book.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #23 (permalink)

X-Men 282 might as well be one of the highest print runs. With that said buying for $1 is a good idea being you can 100% get your money back or quadruple + it, but you will be pushing pennies. X-Men 282, which Bishop is on the cover only appears last panel, splash page, so prob a good idea to get 283 as well. Apocalypse is cool no matter what, but I have to agree with Ol' Burt-Reynolds and I'm expecting a huge turd. Also one this to consider when looking for a copy of X-Factor 6, is that a lot of people misspell Apocalypse. I myself am a terrible speller.
DNOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #24 (permalink)

X-Men 282 has never been a $1 book, it came out at $10 right off the bat. I think it's a great buy if you can find them above 9.0 grade for $4 each right now. While it is pretty overproduced, don't forget that New Mutants 98 is as well from that timeframe. If Bishop is in this movie, it should be a $15-$20 book in NM around release.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #25 (permalink)

A CGC 9.4 X-Men 282 just sold for $56 delivered, a 9.8 went for $105 delivered. It is trending up quickly.