Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 08:19 PM   #301 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronchua View Post
Hmmmm... really?
It is only /300 so technically it is

The whole modern market is down right now either way so when you hit bottom there is no other way but to go up
bigboytoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #302 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboytoys View Post
It is only /300 so technically it is

The whole modern market is down right now either way so when you hit bottom there is no other way but to go up
There are only 5 listed on Ebay right now, so that is pretty limited.

Always buying Iron Man 55, Captain Marvel 33, Avengers Annual #7, Various other Bronze Age Thanos appearances.
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #303 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
There are only 5 listed on Ebay right now, so that is pretty limited.
Hmm, I counted 11. LINK. Probably some listing don't use the word eccc. They used either flood of blood or 1b as keywords

Anyway, you got the lowest buy it now price. So people, buy from Carrbeaz!!
aaronchua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #304 (permalink)

So far the ECCC Flood of the Blood is the rarest of hellheims....
natevegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #305 (permalink)

Hastings still has all the the x-files variants up for sale. The black and white hastings covers are selling for 15+. The 1:25 are selling for 30+

Go get em guys!
Deliverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #306 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverence View Post
Hastings still has all the the x-files variants up for sale. The black and white hastings covers are selling for 15+. The 1:25 are selling for 30+

Go get em guys!
Picked up a pair of the b&w. $11 bucks to the door, not a bad deal there
DigsUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #307 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
Picked up a pair of the b&w. $11 bucks to the door, not a bad deal there
If they make it NM. It's still 96 cent shipping, right?
tommyVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #308 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyVoltage View Post
If they make it NM. It's still 96 cent shipping, right?
Hastings usually ships in a decently secure box. Way better then you expect for 96 cents to be honest.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #309 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverence View Post
Hastings usually ships in a decently secure box. Way better then you expect for 96 cents to be honest.
Bag, board and box. That's it. I ordered a bunch of TWD Governor when they were $4.99 and new. Luckily I ordered enough where it filled the box to capacity and they didn't bump around. That was my only experience.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #310 (permalink)

I'll continue to post my picks weekly as I always have as It's all a matter of opinion on speculation and not all of us are gonna agree.

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 07-02-2013 at 09:57 AM.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:23 AM   #311 (permalink)
Banned

Without sounding like a nob, can we not too his so much guys?

There are certain books that I've been on the hunt for a while & since doing my own research, and way before everyone was suddenly even interested in them. Yet they keep getting mentioned here, so if I ever have to pay more than I should while i'm still looking for them, i'll know who is partially to blame.

I actually agree with carrbeanz not disclosing info, hey! Lets have a thread giving the lurkers of the world a heads up and hoover up every copy they can find! Which inturn will drive up prices up for those who bothered to research for themselves in the first place rather than be presented with a list compiled by someone else.

Man, i hate these kind of threads.. Rant over.
1nelonewolf86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:47 AM   #312 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nelonewolf86 View Post
Lets have a thread giving the lurkers of the world a heads up and hoover up every copy they can find!
A members only section would solve it, but it's not worth making a members section solely based on that.
2staples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:40 AM   #313 (permalink)

Actually, these books are not unknown. When the movie was announced, there was already a mad rush.

Moreover, not every book will take off. If lurkers follow blindly and buy every book mentioned, they will be broke in no time.

Finally, this is the Internet. Even if nothing is mentioned here, how do you control all other sources such as CGC, Bleeding Cool and other sites?

The best thing is to do your thing. If the market learns about it and agrees, you have a ready audience to sell to. Alternatively, there will always be other undervalued books to chase given that this industry moves so fast.

My 2 cents
aaronchua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #314 (permalink)
Banned

You can't control all sources but were not helping. Presenting a list that lurkers haven't had to compile for themselves, just 12k views and not that many books listed, could possibly affect the availability of some already hard to come by books and inflate prices sooner than need be.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #315 (permalink)

I'm sorry, but that is some of the most backward thinking I have ever heard. Just because you have a post count? You do your research on CGC, Bleeding Cool, Hollywood Reporter, and Comic Book Resources.

You would have known DHP11 had a Black Beetle cover? You would have rushed out for PP9 if there wasn't that huge demand?

I've been reading comic books about 5 titles a month since last summer. And I've been buying and selling since February of this year. I've made over $17,000. So keep your $2 profits a secret. Get a grip bru.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #316 (permalink)

Hmmm.....appears that I missed something as the last couple of posts in this thread reference something that no longer appears to be there.....
Old 07-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #317 (permalink)

Quote:
Hmmm.....appears that I missed something as the last couple of posts in this thread reference something that no longer appears to be there.....
I was kinda wondering the same thing.

Also if anyone has s good idea on how to share tips with fellow junkies without alerting lurkers I'm in. Until we figure that out I don't see any other way to share info.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #318 (permalink)

Quote:
I posted some Strange Tales to keep an eye out for. Nothing really earth shattering, but books 110, 115, 126 all have potential for value increases over the next couple years.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #319 (permalink)

Again, what is the point? We could buy all the Avengers #5 vol 4 in the world knowing it is the first appearance of the Ultron War, but who else knows that? There is no point in keeping titles secret because there will be no reflection on profit. You could get the 1:75 variant for $30-45.

And DHP1 has Xerxes in it. And it has a very rare variant cover. Everyone remembers 300. These titles no one knows about, but if the word got out it would be $$$.

1nelonewolf86 plans on just buying up a bunch of "unknown titles that he found first" and then creating false hype. Just like everyone did with NWM1. False hype was the reason why the first issue was $30-40. A group of people were like WOW THIS IS GOOD ANYONE WANT A COPY!?
Old 07-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #320 (permalink)

I enjoy picking up a hot book and flipping as much as the next guy, but if you don't want lurkers scamming on something you think will be the "next big thing," then do not post about it. In addition, do not get on someone's case if they happen to post a hot book to be on the look out for. This comment is not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general statement.

I enjoy reading this board cause it is not all about speculating. Yes, speculating is a part of it, but damn... No one should ever have to edit their post just because someone got "upset" that lurkers "MIGHT" hoard possibly hot books.

With that being said.....*opens trench coat* who wants some Injustice #1s..eh...eh...
Old 07-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #321 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'm sorry, but that is some of the most backward thinking I have ever heard. Just because you have a post count? You do your research on CGC, Bleeding Cool, Hollywood Reporter, and Comic Book Resources.

You would have known DHP11 had a Black Beetle cover? You would have rushed out for PP9 if there wasn't that huge demand?

I've been reading comic books about 5 titles a month since last summer. And I've been buying and selling since February of this year. I've made over $17,000. So keep your $2 profits a secret. Get a grip bru.
Nothing to do with a post count, my post count is low anyway.
I have never owned a copy of dhp11 or bothered with any PP books, I prefer spending my money on books that have proven their worth over time mostly bronze age, and some silver age books with some being noticably scarcer than others which is part of the point I was trying to make.

I have multiples of some moderns yes, and maybe the odd genuinely rare variant, and not because I jumped on the bandwagon but down to my own initiative and gut.

Congrats on your 17k profit btw.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #322 (permalink)

I think what annoys people most about "lurkers" is the benefit of the community without contributing to it.

Without them though half our ebay sales would probably go unsold so its a double edged sword.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #323 (permalink)

I have a copy or two of DHP #1's if anybody needs one.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #324 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I have a copy or two of DHP #1's if anybody needs one.
Hold until the trailer. I plan on selling sets of 300 and the DHP Frank Miller cover. If you have the Paul Pope covers, then $$$.

Edit: Televised trailer. I know the trailer is online, but the general public doesn't follow everything like we do.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #325 (permalink)

Quote:
I've made over $17,000. So keep your $2 profits a secret. Get a grip bru.
on your ebay account?
stardark is offline   Reply With Quote