Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 05:17 AM   #501 (permalink)
Member
 
talktoofast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyVoltage View Post
look like the glory was yours then, I didn't see them going that high!!!!
talktoofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:12 AM   #502 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talktoofast View Post
look like the glory was yours then, I didn't see them going that high!!!!
I automatically accepted $60, but they haven't paid yet. I hope they do and are not just holding it in case they can't grab anything cheaper.
tommyVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #503 (permalink)
Member
 
talktoofast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyVoltage View Post
I automatically accepted $60, but they haven't paid yet. I hope they do and are not just holding it in case they can't grab anything cheaper.
Good stuff. I not been able to find any variants of #3 but did get 2 of each of variants for issue 1, 2 & 4 (all rocket & groot variants)
talktoofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:26 AM   #504 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talktoofast View Post
Good stuff. I not been able to find any variants of #3 but did get 2 of each of variants for issue 1, 2 & 4 (all rocket & groot variants)
I posted on the Google+ page that I am going back to look for those. I did not even know they existed until I saw listings for the complete Annihilators variant set.
tommyVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #505 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 19
Default

If anyone still needs a copy of Day Men #1 NYCC variant they are live at Midtown. The SDCC got pushed out again.

Day Men #1 Cover E NYCC Exclusive Variant Cover - Midtown Comics
Raleighwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:56 AM   #506 (permalink)
Member
 
talktoofast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleighwood View Post
If anyone still needs a copy of Day Men #1 NYCC variant they are live at Midtown. The SDCC got pushed out again.

Day Men #1 Cover E NYCC Exclusive Variant Cover - Midtown Comics
its ridculous with the SDCC one's I had some on pre order from shop in UK & after months of delays they cancelled them. Surely they were printed back in september so can't see what delay is!??
talktoofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:04 PM   #507 (permalink)
Member
 
natbornkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: bkNY
Posts: 13,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talktoofast View Post
its ridculous with the SDCC one's I had some on pre order from shop in UK & after months of delays they cancelled them. Surely they were printed back in september so can't see what delay is!??
i asked them numerous times
blame diamond
__________________
this one goes out to some of the members
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?title=dee-dee-dee-song&videoId=72779

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #508 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyVoltage View Post
I posted on the Google+ page that I am going back to look for those. I did not even know they existed until I saw listings for the complete Annihilators variant set.
Can't say I didn't warn you. Posted in October:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardark View Post
A book that never gets mentioned is Annihilators #3. It is the origin of Rocket Raccoon. It is part of a 4 issue mini series from 2011, a much newer book than most of the other issues that will get mentioned in here.

Each issue in the series has a variant cover with Rocket and Groot drawn by different artists on it. The variants all sell above cover price. If you find a set you can probably move it for 50 bucks, but I think #3 could see additional demand. Even CGC labels it as Rocket's origin, so...
Guardians of the Galaxy Keys
stardark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:26 AM   #509 (permalink)
Member
 
UnderTowed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canadistan
Posts: 179
Default

Anyone know what a Preacher #1 in VF should go for on the fleebay? I have one i'm looking at but i'm thinking it's cooled down some...but i could be wrong. The one at my shop would be about 80 bucks for what seems to be Very fine. Debating.
__________________
UnderTowed
''How do I Shot Web?!''
UnderTowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:29 PM   #510 (permalink)
Member
 
Burt-Reynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTowed View Post
Anyone know what a Preacher #1 in VF should go for on the fleebay? I have one i'm looking at but i'm thinking it's cooled down some...but i could be wrong. The one at my shop would be about 80 bucks for what seems to be Very fine. Debating.
Conservatively I'd say 130ish? How's the spine? Any color breaks? Soft corners? It may be pressable for 15 bucks to nm and then you could get around 200 for it. Sounds like a decent buy either way.
__________________
Check out my Kobe PC: http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/mdefaz13/Kobe%20Bryant%20PC/
Cards for Sale and Trade: http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/mdefaz13
I collect: Kobe, OJ Mayo, and Baseball Prospects
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #511 (permalink)
Member
 
UnderTowed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canadistan
Posts: 179
Default

Myeh i was thinking about the same, the spine looks nice and one corner is sharp the other is slightly dull. I don't think i could press it since i live in canada and sending to carr or Indy wouldn't be economical :P I think i'm gonna wait a couple of weeks see what happens.
__________________
UnderTowed
''How do I Shot Web?!''
UnderTowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:35 PM   #512 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Beach
Posts: 526
Default

Rocket Raccoon 1 just sold for $41 w/ bids. WOW
__________________
Need some prizm fb base for my set, pm me.
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:38 PM   #513 (permalink)
Member
 
Hilfiger1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer View Post
Rocket Raccoon 1 just sold for $41 w/ bids. WOW
__________________
Trading my Sports Cards for your Comicbooks, or trading Comicbooks:

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l600/Hilfiger1975
Hilfiger1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:52 PM   #514 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,712
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer View Post
Rocket Raccoon 1 just sold for $41 w/ bids. WOW
You're only gonna see that go up ^^^

Guardians jumped to #2 in most sold books for last weeks issue as well.

What's truly amazing is seeing Marvel Age #25 (3rd Rocket Appearance) sell for $20!

The Coon's got heat!
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 03-01-2014 at 05:01 PM.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #515 (permalink)
Member
 
talktoofast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,227
Default

& in my opinion Marcel age 25 doesn't even really count as an appearance as it a text preview comic that has few preview pics from rocket raccoon 1
talktoofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #516 (permalink)
Member
 
Burt-Reynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
You're only gonna see that go up ^^^

Guardians jumped to #2 in most sold books for last weeks issue as well.

What's truly amazing is seeing Marvel Age #25 (3rd Rocket Appearance) sell for $20!

The Coon's got heat!
the hype is real. woooooooooooooooo. still a day to go too.

Guardians of The Galaxy 1 1st Print 2008 VF N M High Grade Rocket Raccoon Movie | eBay

i just put this up to see what would happen. i still have another one in better condition, i should prbly get it graded. annihilation conquest #6 is creeping up to 50 bucks a book now too.

Thanos Imperative 1 6 VF NM to NM 2010 Guardians of The Galaxy Nova | eBay

this is a pretty nice sale too. i scooped a few of these sets for nothing last year. you can probably still find them in dollar bins.

i'm not sure if i should cash everything out right now, or keep holding. i was all about holding until all of this happened. i still think these books will hold steady and go up more, i mean the damn movie doesn't come out until august, but i don't want to be one of the people holding the bag if the hype dies out.
__________________
Check out my Kobe PC: http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/mdefaz13/Kobe%20Bryant%20PC/
Cards for Sale and Trade: http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/mdefaz13
I collect: Kobe, OJ Mayo, and Baseball Prospects
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:04 PM   #517 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 402
Default

Any of you guardian junkees feel like buying my JSC Midtown variant of the marvel now GOTG signed by JSC, LMK.
gilbo4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:21 PM   #518 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,712
Default

A pretty ratty Marvel Presents #7 just sold for $61
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:51 PM   #519 (permalink)
Member
 
Hilfiger1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
A pretty ratty Marvel Presents #7 just sold for $61
LOL! Ya, that was pretty ratty!
__________________
Trading my Sports Cards for your Comicbooks, or trading Comicbooks:

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l600/Hilfiger1975
Hilfiger1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:26 AM   #520 (permalink)
Member
 
DigsUT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Posts: 2,350
Default

I dont want to pimp my own listing, but is there something about this book that is causing the bump? I have listed it a couple of times now and this is the first time there has been a "bid war," no matter how small, on it. I have a hard time believing that the GotG trailer did anything to bump this book up.

Marvel Guardians of The Galaxy 8 Thanos Variant NM | eBay
DigsUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #521 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
I dont want to pimp my own listing, but is there something about this book that is causing the bump? I have listed it a couple of times now and this is the first time there has been a "bid war," no matter how small, on it. I have a hard time believing that the GotG trailer did anything to bump this book up.

Marvel Guardians of The Galaxy 8 Thanos Variant NM | eBay
It was being discussed on two other forums yesterday. I also mentioned on one that it was the hardest cover for me to find. I have found 1 copy (October 2013) since I started looking (February-March 2013).
tommyVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #522 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
I dont want to pimp my own listing, but is there something about this book that is causing the bump? I have listed it a couple of times now and this is the first time there has been a "bid war," no matter how small, on it. I have a hard time believing that the GotG trailer did anything to bump this book up.

Marvel Guardians of The Galaxy 8 Thanos Variant NM | eBay
Nope that is the result of the trailer. The variants and Thanos covers for the 2008 series have always sold well but have done especially well lately.
stardark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:35 PM   #523 (permalink)
Member
 
Chance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
the hype is real. woooooooooooooooo. still a day to go too.

Guardians of The Galaxy 1 1st Print 2008 VF N M High Grade Rocket Raccoon Movie | eBay

i just put this up to see what would happen. i still have another one in better condition, i should prbly get it graded. annihilation conquest #6 is creeping up to 50 bucks a book now too.

Thanos Imperative 1 6 VF NM to NM 2010 Guardians of The Galaxy Nova | eBay

this is a pretty nice sale too. i scooped a few of these sets for nothing last year. you can probably still find them in dollar bins.

i'm not sure if i should cash everything out right now, or keep holding. i was all about holding until all of this happened. i still think these books will hold steady and go up more, i mean the damn movie doesn't come out until august, but i don't want to be one of the people holding the bag if the hype dies out.

Here's goes another one!

__________________
________________________________________
With me around there's always a Chance..
Chance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:13 PM   #524 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Beach
Posts: 526
Default

Savage She Hulk 1. Getting some crazy prices on feebay
__________________
Need some prizm fb base for my set, pm me.
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.