Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #176 (permalink)

Burt-Reynolds you really are ignorant. I didn't get booted ... which means that is somebody else crashing the market with their couple of copies. You really DO NOT know crap about the ebb and flow of the market. I haven't sold a EoW #1 in a month (after averaging $8.50/ with 250 sold of the 50,000 print run ) . So, are they still sitting at their current price because my 250 , that sold at a HIGHER price than current valuation, crashed the market OR.... had to finally chime in as it is amazing that there are MANY others in this market yet you think even when I am not even in a book that the success or failure is because of VIPERDAYS'
.005% of the print run. SHut up and start buying IF you think a book is STRONG...I am.
viperdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdays View Post
Burt-Reynolds you really are ignorant. I didn't get booted ... which means that is somebody else crashing the market with their couple of copies. You really DO NOT know crap about the ebb and flow of the market. I haven't sold a EoW #1 in a month (after averaging $8.50/ with 250 sold of the 50,000 print run ) . So, are they still sitting at their current price because my 250 , that sold at a HIGHER price than current valuation, crashed the market OR.... had to finally chime in as it is amazing that there are MANY others in this market yet you think even when I am not even in a book that the success or failure is because of VIPERDAYS'
.005% of the print run. SHut up and start buying IF you think a book is STRONG...I am.
lmfao. wow someone is a little butt hurt, where did all that come from? someone seems a little upset they can't sell their comics on ebay anymore. lot of red numbers next to your auctions on ebay there buddy.

it must suck knowing the way you sell comics is starting to grind to a halt, now that everyone and their mother is using this same old tired ass model you use. looking at your ebay i see you haven't listed in a minute. must of sucked seeing all those auctions end without a sale, lol. and the ones you did sell like ten grand you lost money on at 1.75 each, even with your supposed 50% discount.

anyone could see that the way you sell your comics was bound to crash in flames sooner or later. speculating on new comics is almost dead at this point. eofw and helheim were probably the last ones to get in on, and even those are tanking now. the bubble has pretty much burst for cashing in instantly on new indie releases. enjoy sitting on your piles of comics for years praying for news of a movie or tv show.

also doesn't look like it will be working out on buying those 1000 copies of something like superman unchained and cashing in on those variants, then selling off the base covers for profit. you can't even move those gotg #1's cause they're not worth the money it would cost to ship them. lmfao.

i wouldn't buy anything new in bulk right now cause there's no point. lazarus, pretty deadly, whatever else is coming out. there's no point. if i want to invest in something like ten grand i'll just wait till someone like you has to fire sale them on ebay for a buck and stock up then, lol.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
if i want to invest in something like ten grand i'll just wait till someone like you has to fire sale them on ebay for a buck and stock up then, lol.
Hehe, you are hitting on my strategy buddy.

Currently, I see too much risk buying bulk at the pre sale stage. Too much uncertainty on how the market will react to new titles.

Now, I prefer to wait for them to be launched, gauge their sales, then decide on whether the titles have legs.

No worries on not getting stock at this stage as I know a couple of viper-like sellers who have large inventories and at clearing them at below market prices. For example, I picked up 3 copies of Uber 0 regular last week at only $3 each when I saw them reaching the $10 mark.

Doing it this way has less risk for me
(PS: plus the fact that wifey frowns when she sees too many copies bought in bulk )
aaronchua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #179 (permalink)

I'm a bit surprised how fast someone calls certain titles dead or done when they have been out since late march. Come on 2 months and no they are not dead, people holding helheim and EOW will do fine long term but if the need is so great to sell right now why did you even risk the 2, 3, or 4 bucks to begin with if your profit margins are so small. I wasn't here for some like Saga or The Walking Dead but last time I checked they didn't shoot up $100 dollars in a month or two. This hobby is thriving. I've heard it all before in the late 80's that comic books will die within the decade. The sky is not falling. Buy wisely and choose quality titles over buying every single image, marvel, or dc etc title. Smile and be happy this is a fun hobby!
natevegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:14 PM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSB333 View Post
So veteran junkies...when a book like Nowhere Men has fallen as much as it has, does it have a chance at making a come back? Do you sell and just get what you can get or hold a bit longer and wait it out? Anything that might cause it to go back up?
I'm curious about this also, but my thought would be that the book really has just released 4 issues so far, with issue 5 on the 22nd, so hopefully the title's still got lots of room to grow (I think this title's ongoing?) and further interest as well!
willyum89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #181 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natevegas View Post
I'm a bit surprised how fast someone calls certain titles dead or done when they have been out since late march. Come on 2 months and no they are not dead, people holding helheim and EOW will do fine long term but if the need is so great to sell right now why did you even risk the 2, 3, or 4 bucks to begin with if your profit margins are so small. I wasn't here for some like Saga or The Walking Dead but last time I checked they didn't shoot up $100 dollars in a month or two. This hobby is thriving. I've heard it all before in the late 80's that comic books will die within the decade. The sky is not falling. Buy wisely and choose quality titles over buying every single image, marvel, or dc etc title. Smile and be happy this is a fun hobby!
are you referring to me? cause if so i think you need to go and reread what i'm saying there buddy. where did i say anywhere that certain books are dead? all i said is no one is flipping any indie titles a week after release for 10 bucks anymore. those days are gone. i didn't say anything about sitting and holding titles. thing is someone who buys and sells the way viper does was relying on these feeding frenzies a few weeks after release to make his investments and profits on. i have plenty of clone, helheim, east of west, etc in my boxes that aren't going anywhere.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:37 PM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSB333 View Post
So veteran junkies...when a book like Nowhere Men has fallen as much as it has, does it have a chance at making a come back? Do you sell and just get what you can get or hold a bit longer and wait it out? Anything that might cause it to go back up?
Its sad to me, because I think nwm fell under the variant curse, too many reprints and variants... I think its a great book, but I think EoW is also. I myself have 2 runs of each in my pc, and some extra stuff here and there..I would like to think that nwm has a comeback chance. Lower the print runs, stop with all the reprints, and convention prints etc. and focus on the book and the story
kyleg40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:41 PM   #183 (permalink)

Quote:
are you referring to me? cause if so i think you need to go and reread what i'm saying there buddy. where did i say anywhere that certain books are dead? all i said is no one is flipping any indie titles a week after release for 10 bucks anymore. those days are gone. i didn't say anything about sitting and holding titles. thing is someone who buys and sells the way viper does was relying on these feeding frenzies a few weeks after release to make his investments and profits on. i have plenty of clone, helheim, east of west, etc in my boxes that aren't going anywhere.
I'm just saying in general a lot of forums I've been reading lately seems to have negative vibes especially if a title any title doesn't jump out of the gate fast enough to supple the instant flippers. I'm not pointing out anyone in particular just a general consensus I've gathered reading a bunch of posts here and on cgc. If patience is not what anyone can stomach then maybe gambling might be a better alternate...bet it all on black And yes maybe the masses are getting wiser and going on online comic book stores instead of paying 10+ a day of release for a book on ebay. It will all work out, ebbs and flows.
natevegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #184 (permalink)

The most important number I paying attention to is the print runs, relative to the first issue's. A dipping trend will mean almost zero chance of the book getting back to the price.

For titles to hold their prices like what Revival, MP is doing, we need to see increasing or steady print runs.

For nowhere men, it is really hard to see a trend. I need to wait for the print numbers of 5 and 6 to tell. If you see both months' numbers going beyond the first issue, grab as many as you can and hold on for dear life!

NWM
#1: 11,815
#2: 7,368
#3: 7,421
#4: 13,368
Old 05-14-2013, 11:44 PM   #185 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleg40 View Post
Its sad to me, because I think nwm fell under the variant curse, too many reprints and variants... I think its a great book, but I think EoW is also. I myself have 2 runs of each in my pc, and some extra stuff here and there..I would like to think that nwm has a comeback chance. Lower the print runs, stop with all the reprints, and convention prints etc. and focus on the book and the story
you mean tell image to turn off the money making machine? blasphemous, lol.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:03 AM   #186 (permalink)

we won't see the affects of a delayed release with issue 5 or 6, those orders should already be placed. It won't be until 7 or 8 (ordering now) to where people will pull if from their list because of the delay.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:53 AM   #187 (permalink)

Quote:
you mean tell image to turn off the money making machine? blasphemous, lol.
I know..Its sad, but Nwm is a good title, along with SotG which really hasn't caught on yet..It could be also that too many new titles are coming along, without time to establish the news one already out
Old 05-15-2013, 02:54 AM   #188 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Please stick too the topic.. no need of for nit picking or arguing with others..

Anyways, did anyone notice spider-man 692...

alpha does have his own mini series.. wonder if he will play a big part in the superior spider-man arc...

I think hellheim and walking dead 108 will be good picks for the upcoming months.. their just bound to boom .
Muaythai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:15 AM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muaythai View Post

I think hellheim and walking dead 108 will be good picks for the upcoming months.. their just bound to boom .
Interesting. Would love to hear more on why you think they will be hot.

One thing I am NOT seeing is Helheim coverage in online media. I wish IGN, Bleeding Cool etc can feature more of Helheim.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #190 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Burt-Reynolds;4891334]lmfao. wow someone is a little butt hurt, where did all that come from? someone seems a little upset they can't sell their comics on ebay anymore. lot of red numbers next to your auctions on ebay there buddy.

also doesn't look like it will be working out on buying those 1000 copies of something like superman unchained and cashing in on those variants, then selling off the base covers for profit. you can't even move those gotg #1's cause they're not worth the money it would cost to ship them. lmfao. "

hmm... all those red numbers... you are silly man. Also, go and crunch the numbers for the GotG #1 high-end variants I sold and lower tier when they first released and tell me about the PROFIT I made and how the 500 GoTG #1 are free. Because that is how it works when ALL of the variants are 40% of cover .

You are right about one thing and that is that I am no longer going to be active in the market. 2,000-3000+ a month isn't worth my time, some things are relative, BUT my two teens are ecstatic about taking over. That is a lot of coin to them.Hell they have already started a website ontherisecomics and have grand plans. VOLUME is key in everything in America. I know a few power sellers on feebay who sell cellphone items. 1000+ auctions a week. Stuffing envelopes and making 2,3,$4 an item after fees and costs . So, yes small profit on a big scale is MONIES!!! I have stated it before more than once that there are many angles to making money in ANY market. When the stock market was crashing those shorting stocks made a MINT. Not all methods work for all because frankly not everyone can invest in 100's or 1000's of items at a time. I don't wish anyone ill will on these boards or in their endeavors. The 99% could all use a WIN !!! GO HEAT !!!
viperdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #191 (permalink)

Interesting thread...

I am sitting on 125 copies of East of West #1 and 125 copies of East of West #2, but the best part is that I have already made all my money back for both orders, so this is all extra money for me!

G
George19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #192 (permalink)

Quote:
I know..Its sad, but Nwm is a good title, along with SotG which really hasn't caught on yet..It could be also that too many new titles are coming along, without time to establish the news one already out
You hit the nail on the head with your last statement. Way too many titles coming out now. They see all the people pre ordering anything with a I logo on the cover by the box full. So they are giving the green light to anyone who comes up to them with a idea or design scribbled on a cocktail napkin
Old 05-16-2013, 12:25 AM   #193 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I think were just in an area with great innovative writers and phenomenal art now... We'll see great stories down the road. I actually enjoyed the new gotg books, Nova in the marvel now series. Superior, and also big time alpha..

I enjoy collecting and enjoy meeting people at the cons.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #194 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
There was an idiot who put up Clone #1 graded 9.8 and took 12.00 for it..talk about a loss
probably needed the money...
Old 05-16-2013, 01:12 AM   #195 (permalink)

Happy and sad at the same time.

Happy that I won 2 Helheim auctions today for...

Helheim 1 9.8: $33
Helheim 1 Phantom 9.8: $39

Sad that prices are so deflated in general.

The todd 9.8 that I bought for $92 last month can be had for $36

And you can have a 9.8 Helheim Nycc for $42. I remember this was the price that was paid for a RAW copy in Feb.

Last edited by aaronchua; 05-16-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:20 AM   #196 (permalink)

That's funny I was watching both auctions you won and was gonna jump in on them lol. Good buys!!
Funkdilla3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:58 AM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronchua View Post
Happy and sad at the same time.

The todd 9.8 that I bought for $92 last month can be had for $36
If it makes you feel any better, I was gonna bid up to $45 for it. But I got held up at work and missed the auction by 5 minutes!
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:59 AM   #198 (permalink)

Hey grab some of these while you can..But to sell a comic for 12.00 I actually felt sorry for him..I know what its like to need money, but I won't lose that much..losing 5-10 is enough..lol..
Old 05-16-2013, 04:19 AM   #199 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey grab some of these while you can..But to sell a comic for 12.00 I actually felt sorry for him..I know what its like to need money, but I won't lose that much..losing 5-10 is enough..lol..
I've been abnormally quiet around here lately, in case no one noticed. But I had to make a statement on this sale that I showed Kyle.

I definitely do NOT feel sorry for this seller. Sorry if it's one of you guys, but if it is then you need a tough lesson.

To get a book graded ($28+s/h unless discounted), then ebay fee's, this seller stands to lose roughly $23ish considering he paid cover for the book. That is ABSURD for a title like this. Yes speculate on this title, that's fine. Horde copies, that's fine. Hell, pay the $28 and get it graded, that is fine. But then what you do is sit on the cgc 9.8 until the day it takes off (if it does), like we've seen Peter Panzerfaust do in Feb, Sixth Gun do in March (which is how I got my 9.8 cgc'd copies first to market), or Rachel Rising cgc 9.8 that sold for $945 last month. What you do NOT do is sell for friggin $12 in a regular auction, before a first trade paperback is even out yet.

If you spend $ in this market, and buy books, then prepare to eat them. I'll be more than happy to pick up the pieces when the market picks up for pennies on the dollar. I know I'm not alone in the frustration, and guys I really don't mean to rant, but be smart. If you are paying for grading, BE SMART.

If you are so desperate that you need to recoup and get a whole $12 back from a book you've spent $30+ getting graded, then you need to not be in the cgc grading game. I'm sorry, but that's my belief.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:22 AM   #200 (permalink)

That is true also, and come see one of us..I would have given 15.00 or 20 for it honestly