Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra View Post
Simply an amazing start! How many variants are there to #1? Just the Ghost and Forbidden Planet variants???
And the RRP next month at C2 con.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #27 (permalink)

Wow this book definitely lived up to the hype it gathered. I don't think I've heard a bad word about it.
Chief Rocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rocka View Post
Wow this book definitely lived up to the hype it gathered. I don't think I've heard a bad word about it.
We agree the story definitely lived up to the hype. Very happy.
Cavaliercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaliercards View Post
We agree the story definitely lived up to the hype. Very happy.
You didn't like that art?
Chief Rocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #30 (permalink)

Finally read it. Loved it. My ADD brain was a little confused at times, but I'm sure later issues will flesh out more backstory. This comics seems to have huge potential.
Gus Fring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #31 (permalink)

one of the best 1st issue comics i read in the long time. i'm getting the same feeling i got when first started reading watchmen
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #32 (permalink)

WOW, so this guy sold 20x copies all at $25 a piece! East of West 1 Forbidden Planet Variant Image UK Edition Never Read | eBay

I'm very glad we all got in on these, at around $8ish-10(wish sh). I have 8, so may resell a couple or trade some off. Don't need 8 for my pc lol

And what's with this!!??? $61 so far?? http://www.ebay.com/itm/East-of-West...item4d0af3e38a
Old 03-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #33 (permalink)

Anyone in LA/San Fernando Valley area that wants a East of West #1 Ghost Variant at cover PM me. I know a shop that has about 6 as of yesterday. I grabbed the whole stack and they said, "sorry 1 per customer". Said, "Can't blame me for trying". Anyways. PM me for the location. Might not be worth the drive though depending on where you are and don't think they sell for that much, but they also have a Saga #5 1st print if you are looking for one at cover. Overall the store is blah, and only new stuff, with an unfriendly hipster chick that works there.
DNOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #34 (permalink)

"And what's with this!!??? $61 so far?? http://www.ebay.com/itm/East-of-West...item4d0af3e38a"

Something is super shady about that listing or someone is an idiot. Wouldn't be surprised if its someone trying to create a false selling value.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNOC View Post
Anyone in LA/San Fernando Valley area that wants a East of West #1 Ghost Variant at cover PM me. I know a shop that has about 6 as of yesterday. I grabbed the whole stack and they said, "sorry 1 per customer". Said, "Can't blame me for trying". Anyways. PM me for the location. Might not be worth the drive though depending on where you are and don't think they sell for that much, but they also have a Saga #5 1st print if you are looking for one at cover. Overall the store is blah, and only new stuff, with an unfriendly hipster chick that works there.
Just curious, so what's original covers? I know we all got them for like $8 thru FP, but do they sell even cheaper at these *ghost* shops ? Just curious, thanks.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #36 (permalink)

Get what you can at local shops, it's pretty much already sold out everywhere online already. Midtown has it, but limits you to 1 per customer. I went to my local shop today to see if I could get a few more, SOLD OUT.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #37 (permalink)

It's a Retailer Variant I believe. I would image some shops might charge more than cover but I happen to know one that is selling for cover. Not sure how other stores do or if this is typical, prob not.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #38 (permalink)

Also Cujobyte, it's a different variant than the Forbidden Planet one. Don't quote me on this but I read that, The Ghost variants are only released to a list of "secret" retailers. Limited to about 1k print run. And like I said don't quote me on that...totally not sure if that is true.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #39 (permalink)

Someone else that is an actual retailer would know more than I. I'm just going off what i read on some forum, so not sure if any of that is actually true.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #40 (permalink)

The Ghost is already creeping up to the $20 mark on Fleabay.. Not many for sale either.. It's drying up FAST!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #41 (permalink)

It will be interesting to see what the various variants settle in at considering their numbers in comparison to the regular #1 cover and the regular #1's current upward trending price. I just hope FP comes through with my order and they arrive safely.
viperdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
The Ghost is already creeping up to the $20 mark on Fleabay.. Not many for sale either.. It's drying up FAST!
wow. i was able to pick up 2 for cover price on wednesday at the store dragotta was signing at the same day as snyder suffice it to say i missed out on it. i was gonna grab two more when i went back, and then get him to sign a few regular covers. i also just confirmed my order for the 6 fp variants, and asked if they could add 4 more to my order since it would be the same price for shipping 6 or 10.

anyway onto the book itself, great read. finally got around to reading it last night. pretty cool stuff so far. i want to know what has set death off to like this. you'd think that would be someone you wouldn't want to f with you know? the ending was great.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #43 (permalink)

you can get the ghost for 14-17.00 on fleabay right now..with the bin, if you hurry
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:39 PM   #44 (permalink)

I just found some online i hope they ship out. I still haven't received my order from midtown yet and i really want to read. i will probably PC one and sell the other two
Old 03-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #45 (permalink)

Forbidden Planet still available for cover at forbidden planets official site. As are regular covers.

Starclipper in st.louis has regular cover at $5.99 and ghosts at $14.99 - they ship from their website. Clocked them earlier today.

Star Clipper | St. Louis' Premier Pop Culture Shop
Madrizzle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #46 (permalink)

Stopped by the LCS today for some bags and boards. East of West was sold out. Surprising considering the amount they had on Wednesday.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #47 (permalink)

East of West #1 became an instant hit and the latest Image Comics book to sell out...

Image Comics, known for their wildly creative indie comic books, apparently has another winner on their hands. East of West #1 by Jonathan Hickman and Nick Dragotta has become the latest comic book under the label to sell out.

The comic book is an apocalyptic western that was released March 27, 2013. It quickly flew off store shelves, and Diamond Comics has announced that there will be a second printing next month. Fans can expect a second printing on April 24, the same day as the series' second issue release.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #48 (permalink)

Its books like this that reminds us why print should never die. Digital can be great for creating and reading but the quality of paper and print on this book is outstanding.

I look forward to seeing how deaths tale pans out with the 3 on his tail. It kinda reminds me of the fallout game series in a way but with a western twist.

Its well presented too, I like the prologue that leads into the double page splash and the story takes off... gives it a really nice cinematic feel.

The hype isn't just that, this book has epic potential!
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #49 (permalink)

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 03-30-2013 at 05:13 PM.
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:05 AM   #50 (permalink)

Here's some East of West goodness courtesy of Beach Ball Comics. BTW I'm officially jealous of the Anaheim / OC collectors for having such a great store! Beach Ball had multiple signings at Wondercon today including Eric Stephenson, Nick Dragotta, and Brian Posehn to name a few.

[IMG][/IMG]
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is offline   Reply With Quote