Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 12:22 AM   #51 (permalink)

i honestly could never get up print from digital....for one i love holding a comic when reading it....and how do you sell digital comic when you want....it's just not the same
Old 03-31-2013, 12:35 AM   #52 (permalink)

I tend to collect what I like now & if its really hard to pick up the first few for less than a hundred - I go digital with it.

Read Peter Panzerfaust that way & would have thoroughly regretted not.
Madrizzle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:50 AM   #53 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I haven't had a chance to read a lot lately but I am very glad I took the time to read this book. I am very much looking forward to this series. Not many books do that for me.

As for the speculation part, I only grabbed about 10 copies of the regular #1. 5 Forbidden Planet and 2 Ghost Variants. I will probably hold them for a little bit as I feel this book is just going to better as the series progresses.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:19 AM   #54 (permalink)

this book was sold out at every shop but 1 i went to today, was only able to get 2 copies out of 7 shops. it was at the same place i got my ghosts at on wed for cover and they are now at 10 bucks. they had 2 left but i didn't pull the trigger, hope i don't end up regretting it. think this book has serious legs, can't wait to get my fp's from across the pond.

also pissed i missed the dragotta signing b/c it was at the same time as snyder's. have you seen the ghost variants he signed going for 50+ right now? wish i had some of that action, lol.
EAST OF WEST #1 GHOST VARIANT SIGNED BY NICK DRAGOTTA COA NM IMAGE EOW HICKMAN | eBay

looking forward to reading #2 next month. think we got a winner here.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:29 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
this book was sold out at every shop but 1 i went to today, was only able to get 2 copies out of 7 shops. it was at the same place i got my ghosts at on wed for cover and they are now at 10 bucks. they had 2 left but i didn't pull the trigger, hope i don't end up regretting it. think this book has serious legs, can't wait to get my fp's from across the pond.

also pissed i missed the dragotta signing b/c it was at the same time as snyder's. have you seen the ghost variants he signed going for 50+ right now? wish i had some of that action, lol.
EAST OF WEST #1 GHOST VARIANT SIGNED BY NICK DRAGOTTA COA NM IMAGE EOW HICKMAN | eBay

looking forward to reading #2 next month. think we got a winner here.
You might want to give BeachBall a call on Monday. They will have signed books from the convention for sale including the EoW ghost variants. I don't know what the prices will be, but I know the signed Nowhere Men #1 copies were $40 each today.

OR run over to Wondercon, buy some variants from the Beachball booth for $10 each and then take them over to Nick Dragotta's booth in artist alley and get them signed!
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:38 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSB333 View Post
You might want to give BeachBall a call on Monday. They will have signed books from the convention for sale including the EoW ghost variants. I don't know what the prices will be, but I know the signed Nowhere Men #1 copies were $40 each today.

OR run over to Wondercon, buy some variants from the Beachball booth for $10 each and then take them over to Nick Dragotta's booth in artist alley and get them signed!
sooooooo tempting. how many of the batman exclusives were left when you were there today? i should of just gave you list and some money and waited patiently outside the convention center, lmfao. really i should have, i was in the area obviously. to bad i just though of that right now, lol.

i'm debating going tomorrow, how are all the vendors and tables? did you find any outrageous steals or is everyone pretty much on the ball with hot comics? you need to post a full report with pics soon.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:58 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
sooooooo tempting. how many of the batman exclusives were left when you were there today? i should of just gave you list and some money and waited patiently outside the convention center, lmfao. really i should have, i was in the area obviously. to bad i just though of that right now, lol.

i'm debating going tomorrow, how are all the vendors and tables? did you find any outrageous steals or is everyone pretty much on the ball with hot comics? you need to post a full report with pics soon.
Just made a thread with a link to pics from the con now! You won't find any deals on books there to be honest, though. Prices are marked pretty high on most (i.e. Saga #1 $120+ raw, variants all marked up, etc). If you're looking for older bronze and silver age stuff, you may be able to negotiate.

From what I saw, there were still DC books there like the Batman 17 issue. They had the ECCC green variant there too. But the IDW and Dark Horse exclusives are sold out.
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:06 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSB333 View Post
Just made a thread with a link to pics from the con now! You won't find any deals on books there to be honest, though. Prices are marked pretty high on most (i.e. Saga #1 $120+ raw, variants all marked up, etc). If you're looking for older bronze and silver age stuff, you may be able to negotiate.

From what I saw, there were still DC books there like the Batman 17 issue. They had the ECCC green variant there too. But the IDW and Dark Horse exclusives are sold out.
cool. probably won't make it out there. is dragotta and es even gonna be signing tomorrow?
Old 04-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #59 (permalink)

Midtown only sent me one copy...though i ordered and paid for three.

Wrote them an email and they're sending the other two. Its good to see they correct their mistakes so quickly.
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #60 (permalink)

got my notice from fp that my order has shipped. tried to ask if they could add 4 more to my order of 6, but got shot down, lol. oh well. can't wait to get them hope they are shipped as well as scottie's were.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #61 (permalink)

The first CGC 9.8 is up on ebay! Any guesses on what the auction ends at?
skel1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #62 (permalink)

anywhere from $50-$75

There's going to be plenty of 9.8 copies to go around. I bet in 2 months time these will all be under $50...but by next year (depending on how the writing is) you will see it creep past $50.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #63 (permalink)

my lcs still has 1st prints on the shelf. they also added more ghost variants
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #64 (permalink)

Good grief.
jadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadams View Post
Good grief.
Lol very clever...and quite funny.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherunique View Post
my lcs still has 1st prints on the shelf. they also added more ghost variants
But when you go to get one he suddenly pops up and takes it away and there is nothing there to grab.

Always buying Iron Man 55, Captain Marvel 33, Avengers Annual #7, Various other Bronze Age Thanos appearances.
Carrbeaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
But when you go to get one he suddenly pops up and takes it away and there is nothing there to grab.
took off with 1. too fast for him
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
anywhere from $50-$75

There's going to be plenty of 9.8 copies to go around. I bet in 2 months time these will all be under $50...but by next year (depending on how the writing is) you will see it creep past $50.
No!!!!!

I just bought one for $90!

Best mistake learn so far: Never buy slabbed comics from forums when there is no established market price! This is the second costly mistake I have made.
aaronchua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronchua View Post
No!!!!!

I just bought one for $90!

Best mistake learn so far: Never buy slabbed comics from forums when there is no established market price! This is the second costly mistake I have made.
Wow I've been buying these for about $50 + shipping...graded CGC 9.8

You should check out the b/s/t modern forum on cgc!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #70 (permalink)

Its people underselling a comic yet again to move the 20 they had graded..aaronchua bought mine for 90.00 and guess what I am sending him a buttload of #1 comics now with it. Most would say too bad you paid for it, but I can't do a collector wrong.Guess the only way to make money anymore is to do what everyone hates, undercut and dump right away..

Last edited by kyleg40; 04-23-2013 at 10:49 PM.
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #71 (permalink)

Klassy kyle!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleg40 View Post
Its people underselling a comic yet again to move the 20 they had graded..aaronchua bought mine for 90.00 and guess what I am sending him a buttload of #1 comics now with it. Most would say too bad you paid for it, but I can't do a collector wrong.Guess the only way to make money anymore is to do what everyone hates, undercut and dump right away..
Hey Kyleg

Really appreciate your thought but not necessary.

It was a willing buyer and seller situation so no complaints from me about this deal
You handle the transaction very well and I just have to be do more homework next time

That post above was just a rant about me, not you

Worst thing is for you to lose money over this sale because of what somebody else did.
aaronchua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #73 (permalink)

Its cool..I would hope someone would do that for me..And the fact you didn't ask for anything makes it all the better to do. I think the EoW are still 125.00 books at 9.8..Just because idiots dump em cheap..Walking dead #1 would be a 25.00 book now too I guess..And i won't lose much..I have some #1's around that aren't being put up or sold.People helped me out with the boy..so consider it paying it forward
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #74 (permalink)

East of west prices are going up. I dont watch ebay but i do watch amazon since that is my main outlet for sales. It went from 2.98 to 8.50 in a matter of 1 month and #2 isnt even out yet.
I know most of the sellers and i take a mental note of how many copies someone has. All the sellers who sell in bulk and cheap...their copies of EOW are gone. The patient people are sitting back waiting to collect profits!

There are only 2 sellers left with 1 copy each at 8.50 then it moves up to 8.99 and so forth.

Last edited by skel1977; 04-24-2013 at 07:35 AM.
skel1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
East of west prices are going up. I dont watch ebay but i do watch amazon since that is my main outlet for sales. It went from 2.98 to 8.50 in a matter of 1 month and #2 isnt even out yet.
Hope you were not the seller that cancelled my Rachel Rising #2 order

I was debating putting some of my comics for sale on amazon vs ebay is there an advantage to that?
finn is offline   Reply With Quote