Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #101 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 22,063
Default

Yeah, she looks thrilled. (I think they're both from Elmer, NJ)
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #102 (permalink)
Member
 
Burt-Reynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdays View Post
very good point. The fact is that most posters on these boards have 1000's of posts on the various sportscard threads. When people like brentandbecca decide to venture over to the comics world THAT will become a problem. Sportscard large buyers buy 50_+ cases of products that are $1000/ case. For the most part , the roi on a case is 50% IF you are lucky and most people are not lucky. Pre-ordering books at 40-50% of retail has very little to no downside. SO, an individual who would normally buy several cases of Exquisite at $1500-$2000/ case can look to ordering 1000 books that already have a retail of $2000 and IF it hits can return 2-3x's overnight. Having the Comics thread moved up with the rest of the threads was not in your best interest. Anyhoo...
no, not even close. because when and if that happens you will have more competition trying to flood ebay, and print runs would be ridiculous. you and everyone else ordering by the hundreds and thousand will be lucky to get a quarter for these books, when there are 5000 listing for image overhyped-man #1 the day it comes out, and you and everyone else would lose your a$$es even at 50% of retail. it would be over before it even started.

see the entire 1990's if you need proof of this. if anything this thread move was not in you best interest, because it would be a bigger threat to you and your large volume ordering if case breakers ever go in that direction.
__________________
Check out my Kobe PC: http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/mdefaz13/Kobe%20Bryant%20PC/
Cards for Sale and Trade: http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/mdefaz13
I collect: Kobe, OJ Mayo, and Baseball Prospects

Last edited by Burt-Reynolds; 04-04-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #103 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 241
Default

I am happy with my slice. I buy on the average 3/4 books a week maybe a couple 100 each and that's about it. It's not a make a break either way. IF I hit a clunker it's cool . I only paid 50% of cover which means I may lose 15% on the downside. Books like EoW,Batman Inc #8, SEX, HELHEIM,UBER,NWM etc etc etc .... were 2-3x cover overnight . That's ALOT more on the upside than the downside.
viperdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #104 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 2,711
Default

Ok, this thread has DE-Railed, let's get back on topic, and that topic would be: GETTING CUJO 1 ECCC VARIANT. lol
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #105 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 489
Default

Damn. Y'all boys mad at me for pointing out the obvious? The only 2 books I'm in heavily on are Revival and Bedlam. The rest? A few copies here and there. I learned my lesson right away to be wary of this comic book 'business' when Indys "TopCow Hardcore #1" tip came out over a year back in the OT board.

Is it not essentially the same thing for anybody on this forum to buy $500 of a book to buying x amount of one prospect or another? He'll no...my point is, regardless of the regulars and the people who see through the bs titles (myself included. Helheim? Get real...y'all are hoping this will be equivalent to Sixth Gun. Because of Sixth Gun, y'all will speculate on Helheim hoping it delivers, much like this who bough Trout up like he was the next Jason Heyward.

Don't get your panties in a bunch because real can recognize real. Long gone are the days of speculating on the Sagas, ToTs, Bedlams, Revivals, Walking Deads of the world. If everybody is busy looking for the next big thing, it will never be found. Why? Because everybody else is after it too, like the Mike Trouts of the world.

Bring on the hate boys, I lurk on this board more to laugh at y'all dumping $ into pumping certain books more than I am into profiting on them. I remember the days where there wouldn't be a post in this forum any other day than Tuesday night, Saturday and Sunday, sometimes a comment here or there. Now it's "zomg x title from image in December 2013...next big thing since Peter Panzerfaust?!!?!!!!!!!????"

Good luck. The bottom will be dropping out soon, and right or wron I'm glad I won't be there to see it.
mhuhn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #106 (permalink)
Member
 
Hilfiger1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuhn23 View Post
Damn. Y'all boys mad at me for pointing out the obvious? The only 2 books I'm in heavily on are Revival and Bedlam. The rest? A few copies here and there. I learned my lesson right away to be wary of this comic book 'business' when Indys "TopCow Hardcore #1" tip came out over a year back in the OT board.

Is it not essentially the same thing for anybody on this forum to buy $500 of a book to buying x amount of one prospect or another? He'll no...my point is, regardless of the regulars and the people who see through the bs titles (myself included. Helheim? Get real...y'all are hoping this will be equivalent to Sixth Gun. Because of Sixth Gun, y'all will speculate on Helheim hoping it delivers, much like this who bough Trout up like he was the next Jason Heyward.

Don't get your panties in a bunch because real can recognize real. Long gone are the days of speculating on the Sagas, ToTs, Bedlams, Revivals, Walking Deads of the world. If everybody is busy looking for the next big thing, it will never be found. Why? Because everybody else is after it too, like the Mike Trouts of the world.


Bring on the hate boys, I lurk on this board more to laugh at y'all dumping $ into pumping certain books more than I am into profiting on them. I remember the days where there wouldn't be a post in this forum any other day than Tuesday night, Saturday and Sunday, sometimes a comment here or there. Now it's "zomg x title from image in December 2013...next big thing since Peter Panzerfaust?!!?!!!!!!!????"

Good luck. The bottom will be dropping out soon, and right or wron I'm glad I won't be there to see it.
P.S. Walking Dead came out in 2002, there has been plenty of books before WD that are worth big money. Moral of the story is there will ALWAYS be a WD down the road. You also might want to re-read your post and notice how silly and bitter you sound. I bolded in all the comments that sounded like that.
__________________
Trading my Sports Cards for your Comicbooks, or trading Comicbooks:

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l600/Hilfiger1975
Hilfiger1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #107 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilfiger1975 View Post
I'm from Elyria, Ohio.
Are you still there or get smart and move somewhere warm? hehe. Second Ohioan I have met here.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #108 (permalink)
Member
 
Hilfiger1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn View Post
Are you still there or get smart and move somewhere warm? hehe. Second Ohioan I have met here.
Hell, i work outside year round. What are you talking about?
__________________
Trading my Sports Cards for your Comicbooks, or trading Comicbooks:

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l600/Hilfiger1975
Hilfiger1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #109 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuhn23 View Post
Don't get your panties in a bunch because real can recognize real.
This seems out of place on a comic forum. Properly messed with my head.
Madrizzle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #110 (permalink)
Member
 
Deliverence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn View Post
Are you still there or get smart and move somewhere warm? hehe. Second Ohioan I have met here.
Well consider me your 3rd then :-)
Deliverence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #111 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn View Post
Now I am going to be clicking refresh the rest of the day.
I am still refreshing! WHY WHY WHY?!

finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #112 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 382
Default

did anyone get there order confirmation and tracking sent out to them yet??

I accidently put incorrect mailing address... I really hate paying by credit card.. enjoy paypal because it has everything loaded in there...
Muaythai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:06 AM   #113 (permalink)
Member
 
Scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 543
Default

My order for 2x B&W and 2x Flood of blood ECCC have now been dispatched.

Belter!
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:54 AM   #114 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 924
Default

received my shipping confirmation too
bigboytoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:05 AM   #115 (permalink)
Member
 
Scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 543
Default

I'm surprised the B&W variants haven't been completely snapped up yet... peeps be missing a beat on this one, may not get the chance to see it again at that price if/when this book blows up!
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #116 (permalink)
Member
 
aaronchua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 841
Default

Not only on the Oni side. Ebay sale of this variant has also slowed.
If you believed in this book, you can buy these off for cheap.

If the creator announces a formal mini to ongoing change, maybe the book will heat up more quickly.
aaronchua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #117 (permalink)
Member
 
aaronchua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 841
Default

Let the flood gates open!

copies of ECCC now selling on Ebay. Probably due to the sale on Oni.

helheim eccc in Comics | eBay
aaronchua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #118 (permalink)
Member
 
Deliverence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 331
Default

Got mine today!! both are perfect!
Deliverence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:39 PM   #119 (permalink)
Member
 
DNOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronchua View Post
Let the flood gates open!

copies of ECCC now selling on Ebay. Probably due to the sale on Oni.

helheim eccc in Comics | eBay
You get confirmed for your 26 copies?
DNOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #120 (permalink)
Member
 
aaronchua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNOC View Post
You get confirmed for your 26 copies?
Nah. They canceled my orders.
Only got 2 of each variants.
aaronchua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #121 (permalink)
Member
 
DNOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,045
Default

Getting 2 of each is good. Now no one can blame you for hording them all.
DNOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:52 AM   #122 (permalink)
Member
 
Scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronchua View Post
Nah. They canceled my orders.
Only got 2 of each variants.
I will sell you the 2 copies that opened up for me after your order for....... 1,000,000x PROFIT.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #123 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNOC View Post
Getting 2 of each is good. Now no one can blame you for hording them all.
Well... technically by the hording attempt he made them unavailable to people by making them show as sold out, and said people (no names please) missed them when his orders were cancelled and made available again because they went out for lunch.

Last time I ever take my wife to lunch!

I kid I kid
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #124 (permalink)
Member
 
DNOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn View Post
Well... technically by the hording attempt he made them unavailable to people by making them show as sold out, and said people (no names please) missed them when his orders were cancelled and made available again because they went out for lunch.

Last time I ever take my wife to lunch!

I kid I kid
Lol. Yeah, my wife salts my comic game all the time. Never works when you say, let me just make these orders. Doesn't understand the sometimes small window of time.

Sounds like Scottie could sell you a few copies, but I'll under cut him and sell them to you for 999,999 X Profit.
DNOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #125 (permalink)
Member
 
rice71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 1,134
Default

I got 2 copy's of the B&W today. They packed both in one bag and board in a big box.
rice71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/486549-oni-selling-helheim-variants-cheap.html
Posted By For Type Date
Helheim - Collectors Society Message Boards This thread Refback 06-03-2013 10:45 AM
Helheim - Collectors Society Message Boards This thread Refback 05-14-2013 02:11 PM
Helheim - Collectors Society Message Boards This thread Refback 05-06-2013 02:51 AM
Helheim - Collectors Society Message Boards This thread Refback 05-03-2013 05:26 PM
Helheim - Collectors Society Message Boards This thread Refback 05-02-2013 08:05 PM
Helheim - Collectors Society Message Boards This thread Refback 05-02-2013 06:13 PM
Helheim - Collectors Society Message Boards This thread Refback 05-02-2013 06:12 PM
Helheim - Collectors Society Message Boards This thread Refback 05-02-2013 06:11 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.