Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Saga...To sell or not to sell? That is the question.

I have been watching the 1-11 runs on the bay for quite some time, seeing very little movement up or down. Has this title plateaued, or is it hibernating, waiting for the "break" to be over?

I have contemplated the same with ToT, but with the possible TV series on the way, it warrants holding onto. Saga, while I have heard it is a great story, did not capture my interest as a read nor do i see this being picked up as a TV series or movie.

What say you Junkies? Hold...or cash out? I am torn and other speculative interests are tugging at my purse strings.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Depends on what you have dropped on it and if you need the money. If cover price or under $20, I personally would say sell, then use that money on something more likely to have a dramatic increase. With that said I don't think if you held it would plummet in price.
DNOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you have a raw #1 and it is a 9.8 candidate, then get it slabbed. They bring 185+ all day long. Then sell 2-7 individually, then 9-11 as a small group.

Always buying Iron Man 55, Captain Marvel 33, Avengers Annual #7, Various other Bronze Age Thanos appearances.
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Every issue but #1, I got for cover. #1 I got from, I believe John91C(Been so long, hard to remember) for a good price. Sucker is a solid 9.8, possibly better.

Not really in NEED of funds, but I do not like the coffers running low. Guess I could pimp out some more Injustice #1's for the time being
Old 04-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Location: Comicbooksgo.com is my domain if anyone from here wants a 10% discount. Just let me know.

This is one book that gets better with every issue.
comicbooksgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

You also are saying you have multiples. Hedge your loss/gains. Sell half now, hold half?
Old 04-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicbooksgo View Post
This is one book that gets better with every issue.
Oh nice. Comicbooksgo from CCL? You are the man my friend. Purchased from you quite a few times. Quality books, excellent grading, and great prices. Sorry to call you out if you were trying to lay low.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Location: Comicbooksgo.com is my domain if anyone from here wants a 10% discount. Just let me know.

That's me! I appreciate the sentiment my friend. I can use all the sales i can get, so definitely not laying low. I'll also be running a rather massive sales thread on the cgc boards next week. Same name. Do you ever go to that site?
comicbooksgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have a couple of full runs and working on a third (just waiting for a package to arrive) contemplated the same thing. I am going to sit on mine until around issue 15 and then consider it again.
seggleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicbooksgo View Post
That's me! I appreciate the sentiment my friend. I can use all the sales i can get, so definitely not laying low. I'll also be running a rather massive sales thread on the cgc boards next week. Same name. Do you ever go to that site?
Sometimes, but threads are often so long and go so far off topics discussed that I often don't. Please PM me when you do. Glad you have signed up for Junkies, welcome. I know your handle/shop and know you are very knowledgeable about comics. A good amount of my PC was purchased from you.