Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicbooksgo View Post
Paying for a pic seems weird to me. Just have a hot girlfriend, stay in the same hotel and wait for Stan to slip his security detail. He usually goes wandering around for a while. Then let stan get some attention from a hot chick while you get to ask questions about the Thing's thing or whatever. He might get a little handsy though. I called him Stan "the hands" Lee all weekend after that.
This was from a few years ago. Please note that beside me was not my girl, but my friend Ryan whom i regretfully had to murder for the following reason. A little later, i got some beers in me and photo dance bombed all over the Man.
He turned around right after that and gave me a high five that my friends failed to photograph. I beat them until i was worn out that evening and ended the day having a drink with Christopher Lloyd in the suite lounge. (hopefully this doesn't seem like bragging. I just don't really hang out with a lot of people who would appreciate these sorts of shenanigans)
ThunderCats shirt, FTW!

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l600/Hilfiger1975
Hilfiger1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #27 (permalink)

I myself love judging people....I just don't see paying for a pic..Autographs are different, 15 yrs ago, you could get Stan to an event for 1-5k..And free auto's..Its not like they need the money...Used to be at Cons..Detroit was the main one I would attend, the artists and writers would sign for anything.They had a tip jar and actually cared about the work and the fans..Its really become a business where the writers and artists aren't making what they should be..Pics used to be free also..
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleg40 View Post
I myself love judging people....I just don't see paying for a pic..Autographs are different, 15 yrs ago, you could get Stan to an event for 1-5k..And free auto's..Its not like they need the money...Used to be at Cons..Detroit was the main one I would attend, the artists and writers would sign for anything.They had a tip jar and actually cared about the work and the fans..Its really become a business where the writers and artists aren't making what they should be..Pics used to be free also..
And bread used to be 5 a loaf. It's the way things are now. I hate it as much as everyone else.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #29 (permalink)

Honestly my biggest hatred, is CgC..The fact you now need to pay on top of your purchase in order to even make people want it..Smart company..Pepper some people in the crowd, who brag about the service, making people curious, then slowly incorporate it into the comic needs..Don't get me wrong, they are smart..But its just ridiculous that you need to use em anymore to get value. They remind me of paypal..Make it needed, destroy all competitors by claiming inferior products etc..I don't know.I am ranting
Old 04-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicbooksgo View Post
(hopefully this doesn't seem like bragging. I just don't really hang out with a lot of people who would appreciate these sorts of shenanigans)
I dont think your bragging, just good engaging tips from the way I see it. Solid openers to any human being is key and understanding that will almost always work. If I run into you, we'll drink, shoot the shenanigans and like Thor says.. make our ancestors proud. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleg40 View Post
Honestly my biggest hatred, is CgC..The fact you now need to pay on top of your purchase in order to even make people want it..Smart company..Pepper some people in the crowd, who brag about the service, making people curious, then slowly incorporate it into the comic needs..Don't get me wrong, they are smart..But its just ridiculous that you need to use em anymore to get value. They remind me of paypal..Make it needed, destroy all competitors by claiming inferior products etc..I don't know.I am ranting
Rant on man, its safe here (hopefully) lol. (Off topic) I can only speak for myself, but we grow by understanding multiple perceptions.

Damn you cgc, give me a student discount at least! lol.. I wonder whats their employee discount?

Last edited by J.MEISTER; 04-06-2013 at 12:38 AM.
J.MEISTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:26 AM   #31 (permalink)

They employee's discount is a 9.6 promised