Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #51 (permalink)

i read the first issue and thought it was ok at best. i thought the artwork was a bit bland as well. not sure how this will have lasting appeal when transitioned into a tv show.
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techtre2003 View Post
Yeah, the whole market is becoming a bit of a joke; no offense to those here that actually know what they are doing.

One positive thing that's come of this for me at least is that it brings some pretty good lesser known titles to my attention. I've got my copy of Hoax Hunters 0 and 1 in and have the rest of the series ordered (all at cover or lower) and am hoping they will be a good read.
not so much a joke, although it is getting really crowded and the bubble is really full. it's just with stuff like this, if you are going to flip you need to be on ebay with it a few days after it heats up, or news breaks, or else it's almost not worth it.

if i couldn't just go snatch this stuff up local and list it the same day i wouldn't even bother. if you have to go to amazon and online stores and order then you are too late to the market in my opinion on books like these, plus you are paying extra above cover with shipping fees and such.

everyone hears the news and runs to the internet to order at the same time, so usually everyone gets their mail at the same time. then it's a mad rush to ebay, and then you get people that will set cut throat bin to sell it fast and drop prices, then everyone else sees it and panics and starts to cut prices, then open auctions suffer cause people don't want to overpay. then boom the market is flooded, and prices watered down to 10 bucks.

it's pretty sad and textbook at this point, and it doesn't need to be if people weren't such pansy a$$ douchebags with their comics.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #53 (permalink)

Location: Comicbooksgo.com is my domain if anyone from here wants a 10% discount. Just let me know.

I think prices will stabilize a bit, but this book is actually not bad. It has more issues than the test. I think about the same as the activity. Those 2 books were horrid. While this isn't "Watchmen" it's a decent fun read with more of a possibility of the book continuing. I do agree to an extent however that it might come down to earth a bit, but i think $20+ for the zero and #1 each might go on for a little while. I thought the same thing with Sixth Gun and once the initial burst on ebay died down, the ones that got listed started climbing and climbing. I cashed out on 5 copies of #1 at $50 apiece and sold the #2-10 for barely over cover. Look at those prices now. I'm not saying this book is as good as sixth gun, but it's not quite in the toilet class of the two you mentioned either. It's just my opinion, but i think it can sustain decent levels for a while.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #54 (permalink)

I'm planning on avoiding this book. I've seen it on the shelves for months and stayed away. If I see one at cover today I'd probably pick it up and post it with an average BIN, that's about it. IMO, if you have some, Now is the time to sell.
gilbo4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talktoofast View Post
well my 0 to 5 turned up ($20) & 1 to 4 ($14), just waiting on another copy of issue 0 now, in the process of flipping right now
Just see an issue 0 go for $40 on ebay UK
well bummed out,
on looking the comics over (the set of 0 to 5) I only discovered that the comic shop had deemed it a good idea to put price stickers on the actual back page of the comics!
What our we living in the 70's still??
Got most of without causing any damage but the managed to slightly damage issue 1 removing the sticker.
Shalln't be buying from them again.
And also the person I ordered the 2nd issue 0 off strangely now doesn't have the stock!!!!

Last edited by talktoofast; 05-01-2013 at 02:16 PM.
talktoofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #56 (permalink)

Location: Comicbooksgo.com is my domain if anyone from here wants a 10% discount. Just let me know.

I bought 20 copies of walking dead weekly 1 with a big orange 50% off of cover price sticker right on the cover. You should use goo gone on anything like this. It might take some time, but it can really do wonders.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techtre2003 View Post
Yeah, the whole market is becoming a bit of a joke; no offense to those here that actually know what they are doing.

One positive thing that's come of this for me at least is that it brings some pretty good lesser known titles to my attention. I've got my copy of Hoax Hunters 0 and 1 in and have the rest of the series ordered (all at cover or lower) and am hoping they will be a good read.
Yeah, exactly. How many "1st Appearance" Previews are there of Peter Panzerfaust?, like Jesus. No wonder no one will buy Morning Glories 14, being they were told twice of different "1st appearances", which I still don't get the whole preview 1st appearance notion myself.
DNOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicbooksgo View Post
I bought 20 copies of walking dead weekly 1 with a big orange 50% off of cover price sticker right on the cover. You should use goo gone on anything like this. It might take some time, but it can really do wonders.
Whats your technique? I've heard of people using goo gone. I would think hair dryer would work and doing a little by little peal, but making sure you have weight on book to prevent unneeded warping of pages from heat. Maybe do a press after?
Old 05-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNOC View Post
Whats your technique? I've heard of people using goo gone. I would think hair dryer would work and doing a little by little peal, but making sure you have weight on book to prevent unneeded warping of pages from heat. Maybe do a press after?
I'd like to know that too. Use goo gone on the sticker itself or after you peel the sticker to remove the sticky residue?

I have an American Vampire #1 from Hastings that they managed to put the sticker on the cover rather than the bag.
techtre2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #60 (permalink)

Bump, regarding sticker removal process with goo gone or another method people have found to work ok.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #61 (permalink)

check this thread with regards to my response from comic shop I bought stickered comics from

price labels on comics
Old 05-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
check this thread with regards to my response from comic shop I bought stickered comics from

price labels on comics
Ask him how to remove it properly.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Ask him how to remove it properly.
Fire always works for me
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #64 (permalink)

I've had the best luck with SLOWLY removing the sticker and using the goo gone on the residue. A hair dryer might do more harm than good depending on what kind of stock the cover is made of.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #65 (permalink)

damn, what'd i tell you guys. i'd love to say i was wrong cause i still have a #1 and #0 i couldn't dump, but the prices on these things have officially fallen in the toilet. #1 barely getting 10 bucks and #0 around 15.00.

that's why i say if you have to order off the internet and wait for them to ship to you it's better to pass on titles like these. unless you can get these out of boxes or off the racks and list quickly it's not worth it.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:32 AM   #66 (permalink)

I just sold that 0-6 set I gave the tip on for $60

Just sayin...
Madrizzle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:59 AM   #67 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, exactly. How many "1st Appearance" Previews are there of Peter Panzerfaust?, like Jesus. No wonder no one will buy Morning Glories 14, being they were told twice of different "1st appearances", which I still don't get the whole preview 1st appearance notion myself.
I agree, I think the preview 1st appearance thing is beyond a farce and I would never buy into that nonsense.
1nelonewolf86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:15 AM   #68 (permalink)

Then we get back into the Wolverine Conspiracy..Since the first appearance would be The Hulk 180, the first storyline 181..
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:44 AM   #69 (permalink)

Hack/Slash #1 v2 is not considered 1st preview of Hoax Hunters by it is the 1st appearance, since the story doesn't end in that issue but continues thru issue 10.
fufat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:12 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicbooksgo View Post
I think prices will stabilize a bit, but this book is actually not bad. It has more issues than the test. I think about the same as the activity. Those 2 books were horrid. While this isn't "Watchmen" it's a decent fun read with more of a possibility of the book continuing. I do agree to an extent however that it might come down to earth a bit, but i think $20+ for the zero and #1 each might go on for a little while. I thought the same thing with Sixth Gun and once the initial burst on ebay died down, the ones that got listed started climbing and climbing. I cashed out on 5 copies of #1 at $50 apiece and sold the #2-10 for barely over cover. Look at those prices now. I'm not saying this book is as good as sixth gun, but it's not quite in the toilet class of the two you mentioned either. It's just my opinion, but i think it can sustain decent levels for a while.

I totally agree with your statements. Prices are dipping because of the flood, but once that is over and the next arc begin in August we could see a better sustained value. The series gets better with every issue. As for the print run, I look at it like this, HH #1 print run is about 7,000 copies and the other issues around 4,000. If 7,000 collectors each want to complete a set, about 3,000 of them will be disappointed!!!

Happy Hunting!!!
fufat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleg40 View Post
Then we get back into the Wolverine Conspiracy..Since the first appearance would be The Hulk 180, the first storyline 181..
I wouldn't go as far as calling it a conspiracy, more so a definition of what 1st appearance means, hence why, people now use 1st app or 1st cameo and 1st full for 181. I don't think anyone would argue that 181 isn't his 1st full appearance. I think what is more debatable is the previews or advertisements being 1st appearances, which would make diamond previews the 1st appearance of most/many books which is ridiculous. With that said if you are buying comics due to preview 1st appearances, god bless you as I'm able to sell crap i wouldn't otherwise be able to.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #72 (permalink)

went to my lcs today for fcbd and found two copies of HH #0 and one copy of #1 for cover.Also found three copies of Rachel Rising #1 second prints.All the HH were nm+ RR had some color breaks along the spine but couldn't pass them up for cover price.
Cardiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #73 (permalink)

I didn't care for issue #0; the art in my opinion wasn't very good.
I did like issue #1 much better and am looking forward to reading the series as soon as I can pick them up.
techtre2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #74 (permalink)

picked up 2 copies of issue 0 this morning for £2 (about $3) each
Old 05-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
picked up 2 copies of issue 0 this morning for 2 (about $3) each
that sounds about right. prices have dropped in the toilet on these.