Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #51 (permalink)

I think midtown had more planned for online but pulled them back because of the turnouts at the stores
i would say at least 300 people where at one location at 8 in the morning
and the line was not getting shorter when the where letting people in

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #52 (permalink)

I am out of town on business and brought my family along, but my little LCS was holding a few titles I asked them to set aside for me (TWD, Star Wars, Red Ten).

I hit up two stores today and one allowed kids to get 10 comics and adults to get five each (so 20 total with me, the wife and the kiddo) and the other allowed three each.

We got a couple TWDs, Red Ten, Oz, Molly Danger, FUBAR, etc.

At one of the stores, we're cruising through line and my wife gets to the comics first. She's browsing ahead of my daughter and I and then holds up a comic and says "isn't this the one you've been collecting?" I don't look right away as I'm reaching to snag a title for my daughter. I look up just about the time she flops down a Sixth Gun #1 FCBD.

Whoa! There were two there and we walked out with both. My daughter made me buy her an ice cream for using one of hers to get the other one with. Fair trade.

One shop had 25 percent off everything and the other had buy three get one free. I bought a few titles while I was there:

TWD 108 x5
Revival Phantom Variants (at cover) -- all currently released
Hoax Hunters #0 x 2
Hoax Hunters #1 x5
Hoax Hunters #2, 3 and 4
Rachel Rising #1 (first), #1 (2nd x2), #2 x2
Polarity #1 x2
Activity #1 and #2 x 2
Batman Lil' Gotham variant
Peter Panzerfaust #2, #3 and #9 (x3) first prints
Helheim #1
And Spawn #9 x 3 (at 25 cents each)

All in all, everything averaged out to well below cover.

I know Hoax Hunters isn't cooling off, but I grabbed them anyway. Why not, especially at cover.

As I was walking out of the second store, I heard a guy ask about TWD 108s and they told him they were all out and apologized. They said they were selling for $10 or so online though.

The guy turned to his kid and said "Sorry, Matt. You won't be getting that for your collection."

So I gave the kid one of mine out of my trunk that I got from the other store. The dad looked at me like I was crazy. Meh... Pay it forward, right?
seggleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #53 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seggleston View Post
I am out of town on business and brought my family along, but my little LCS was holding a few titles I asked them to set aside for me (TWD, Star Wars, Red Ten).

I hit up two stores today and one allowed kids to get 10 comics and adults to get five each (so 20 total with me, the wife and the kiddo) and the other allowed three each.

We got a couple TWDs, Red Ten, Oz, Molly Danger, FUBAR, etc.

At one of the stores, we're cruising through line and my wife gets to the comics first. She's browsing ahead of my daughter and I and then holds up a comic and says "isn't this the one you've been collecting?" I don't look right away as I'm reaching to snag a title for my daughter. I look up just about the time she flops down a Sixth Gun #1 FCBD.

Whoa! There were two there and we walked out with both. My daughter made me buy her an ice cream for using one of hers to get the other one with. Fair trade.

One shop had 25 percent off everything and the other had buy three get one free. I bought a few titles while I was there:

TWD 108 x5
Revival Phantom Variants (at cover) -- all currently released
Hoax Hunters #0 x 2
Hoax Hunters #1 x5
Hoax Hunters #2, 3 and 4
Rachel Rising #1 (first), #1 (2nd x2), #2 x2
Polarity #1 x2
Activity #1 and #2 x 2
Batman Lil' Gotham variant
Peter Panzerfaust #2, #3 and #9 (x3) first prints
Helheim #1
And Spawn #9 x 3 (at 25 cents each)

All in all, everything averaged out to well below cover.

I know Hoax Hunters isn't cooling off, but I grabbed them anyway. Why not, especially at cover.

As I was walking out of the second store, I heard a guy ask about TWD 108s and they told him they were all out and apologized. They said they were selling for $10 or so online though.

The guy turned to his kid and said "Sorry, Matt. You won't be getting that for your collection."

So I gave the kid one of mine out of my trunk that I got from the other store. The dad looked at me like I was crazy. Meh... Pay it forward, right?
Wow! Now that's a good day. Way to pay it forward
ckelly1983pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #54 (permalink)

My favorite LCS(Capstone Comics) had a nice line outside of it just before opening. I was very happy to see that. They were doing some nice raffle prizes and even had a local guy doing free sketches for anyone who wanted.

I made a comment that they should break out the blank variants, so that folks could get the sketch done on an actual book. Gotta look out for my LCS, make a little extra $$ on a day of free comics

My haul was light, we were limited to 7 books. Probably picked up all the same as everyone else(WD, Infinity etc). Got three sketch books to stock up and one done by the local artist.

Not bad for a free sketch:

Now, to find someone to ink and color it for me
Old 05-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #55 (permalink)

I am so jealous of all you guys getting to go out for comic day
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:20 PM   #56 (permalink)

OH! Also got this sweet custom short box. Word from the rep that was selling these at the shop, they are working on partnering up with Skybound to do WD and Invincible themed boxes.

If you want to check out more of what they do:

https://www.facebook.com/CorroseDesigns
Old 05-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #57 (permalink)

I didn't get jack crap for myself. However, with the assistance of my daughter, I picked up The Tick and The Walking Dead ones for Corby Pooh. I can't remember the other titles we got off the top of my head, but they will become bathroom reading material for my kids.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.MEISTER View Post
Did someone say hashtags?!

#ilovehashtags! #letmehastagyourhashtag##!
#hashtaginception #mindequalsblown #omg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
My favorite LCS(Capstone Comics) had a nice line outside of it just before opening. I was very happy to see that. They were doing some nice raffle prizes and even had a local guy doing free sketches for anyone who wanted.

I made a comment that they should break out the blank variants, so that folks could get the sketch done on an actual book. Gotta look out for my LCS, make a little extra $$ on a day of free comics

My haul was light, we were limited to 7 books. Probably picked up all the same as everyone else(WD, Infinity etc). Got three sketch books to stock up and one done by the local artist.

Not bad for a free sketch:

Now, to find someone to ink and color it for me
Nice! I felt the same way too on the blank variants with the number of artists at the stores today. I got a couple of blanks un-blanked today too. Will post pics soon!
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #59 (permalink)

My LCS let you take one of each title, but they only got in about half the books and most were the kid's titles (which in a way is cool). I only got Walking Dead, Superman, and Infinity for myself and Bongo for my nephew. They were running out of some of the other books so I figured I'd just take what I was really interested in reading.

I didn't hit Midtown until 1:00 and by then they had 5 books available. Luckily for me, Strangers and L Amour were 2 of them so the only one from my list I missed out on was Star Wars.
techtre2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #60 (permalink)

Infinity was a pretty cool setup for the mini. Look forward to read that what it comes out.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #61 (permalink)

Most shops I visited had a limit between 1-3 issues. Except my main LCS, who had spread his free comics out to 24 local businesses. We got a map and had to walk around downtown to pick up different comics. I thought that wass a great idea. It brought a lot of traffic to other local businesses. The last LCS had a limit of 1 of each issue, so I was able to pick up anything I missed (Fubar). When I got home I pieced it all together, and discovered I have 1 of every title.

The sales were ridiculous. I picked up so much goodness, I have to share it.
.50 each Rachel rising 6-13

$1 each

$1 each (Finished my 1-26 X-factor run)

$1 each

$1 each except suicide risk was at cover. Avenging is 2nd print

1/2 off cover

Variants $6 Thanos, $5 peanuts

Additional free comics (how can I get that sticker off of Marvel .1?)

And supporting the locals $5

This was the first FCBD I've participated in. I had so much fun visiting the shops and talking with people
Unlimitedab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techtre2003 View Post
My LCS let you take one of each title, but they only got in about half the books and most were the kid's titles (which in a way is cool). I only got Walking Dead, Superman, and Infinity for myself and Bongo for my nephew. They were running out of some of the other books so I figured I'd just take what I was really interested in reading.

I didn't hit Midtown until 1:00 and by then they had 5 books available. Luckily for me, Strangers and L Amour were 2 of them so the only one from my list I missed out on was Star Wars.
I picked up an extra Star Wars if you still need one. Nabbed a few extra throughout the day, sending a couple to other junkies. Theres a big stamp on front, but pm me an address and I'll send it your way
SidelineDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidelineDave View Post
I picked up an extra Star Wars if you still need one. Nabbed a few extra throughout the day, sending a couple to other junkies. Theres a big stamp on front, but pm me an address and I'll send it your way
That's ok you don't have to do that. I really appreciate the offer though, that's a really nice gesture
techtre2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimitedab View Post
Most shops I visited had a limit between 1-3 issues. Except my main LCS, who had spread his free comics out to 24 local businesses. We got a map and had to walk around downtown to pick up different comics. I thought that wass a great idea. It brought a lot of traffic to other local businesses. The last LCS had a limit of 1 of each issue, so I was able to pick up anything I missed (Fubar). When I got home I pieced it all together, and discovered I have 1 of every title.

The sales were ridiculous. I picked up so much goodness, I have to share it.
.50 each Rachel rising 6-13

$1 each

$1 each (Finished my 1-26 X-factor run)

$1 each

$1 each except suicide risk was at cover. Avenging is 2nd print

1/2 off cover

Variants $6 Thanos, $5 peanuts

Additional free comics (how can I get that sticker off of Marvel .1?)

And supporting the locals $5

This was the first FCBD I've participated in. I had so much fun visiting the shops and talking with people
Nice FCBD pickups ! Im too lazy to take pics of my haul someone do it for me !
siro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #65 (permalink)

My LCS was completely out by noon. I saw the spot where they were and it was a half table at best. Seems like they didn't order many. I was able to get a few of midtown's exclusive ones so if anyone would like to trade for some WD or The Stranger send me a pm.
natevegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:40 AM   #66 (permalink)

I got a lump of coal in my stocking..lol..you are all terrible, terrible I say. I am glad everyone got to go out and have a good one. i will next year, family always comes first though. Its the only thing keeps me sane
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:29 AM   #67 (permalink)

I managed to get

ramayan
chakra the invincible
the red ten x2
sesame street
atomic robo
the walking dead
grimm
Walking Dead x4
The Strangers x2
Killjoys/RIPD x2
Ugly Doll comics
Superman
Infinity

I hasd to do all my by post as was working,
only paid postage costs so all good
talktoofast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #68 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Skaughtt0 Send a message via AIM to Skaughtt0
Default FCBD Recap

Wifey and I hit up a bunch of sales at SF Bay Area stores:

#1) Comics Conspiracy had ~20 long boxes with 25 cent comics... we picked up 96

#2) Illusive Comics had back issues and variant covers 50% off and some deals on TPBs... I nabbed a Daredevil #25 variant (1st Ikari)

#3) Spacecat had random free comics and 20% off back issues... wifey got a bunch of Deadpool appearances

#4) Hijinx Comics was out of free comics by the time we arrived, but had some long boxes with $1 comics.

#5) Heroes had 50% off current rack comics, 25% off TPBs, 65% back issues over $10, and any back issue marked $9.99 or less was $1!

We filled up a box or two, completed a couple story arcs, and found some good reading material. Nothing really monumental, just a large quantity of stuff. Only grabbed a couple FCBD issues for nieces and nephews.
Skaughtt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #69 (permalink)

I was able to snag X-Men 282 and 283 for under 20 bucks all together... I thought that was a bonus. Free books were Walking Dead and Superman
Acapulco_Gold is offline   Reply With Quote