Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
CxG Voodoo Doll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,431
Default Nothing since 92-93. Until now!

That's how long it's been since I collected figurines or comics. Yes, the new Iron Man movie has motivated me. Wasn't going to open it, but what the heck!




As far as comics...who should I collect? None other than DeadPool. Cool looking dude with a good story line.

Thought I'd get this Classic book so I can catch up lol...




And a few DeadPool team-ups with a few other cool character issues.



Here are some other pick ups sketch style:





Thanks and any advice would be great as well!


Dani
CxG Voodoo Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,412
Default

Your just like I was about 6 months ago. I picked Deadpool to start with too. Then i started reading posts on here and it spiraled out of control. Haha. There are a lot of great books out there to read. My advice to you is read the posts and pick books you like to read. Comixology is a great app to have. Alot of good free books to get you started. It is a GREAT hobby

Last edited by ckelly1983pa; 05-04-2013 at 07:48 PM.
ckelly1983pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
kyleg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Huffman, Texas
Posts: 3,630
Default

I couldn't live without my online reader for comics..It saves a lot of covers..Nice deadpool collection also. They have a deadpool iron man 9 cover on midtown
kyleg40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
CxG Voodoo Doll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly1983pa View Post
Your just like I was about 6 months ago. I picked Deadpool to start with too. Then i started reading posts on here and it spiraled out of control. Haha. There are a lot of great books out there to read. My advice to you is read the posts and pick books you like to read. Comixology is a great app to have. Alot of good free books to get you started. It is a GREAT hobby
Thank you for the advice!

I will take what you said and run!!


Dani
CxG Voodoo Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
CxG Voodoo Doll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleg40 View Post
I couldn't live without my online reader for comics..It saves a lot of covers..Nice deadpool collection also. They have a deadpool iron man 9 cover on midtown

Thanks!!

Yea I saw that issue too. I think they had it listed as a variant cover for like 12-15 here at Muse Comics. I'll go back tomorrow and get it

My next MAIN pick up is going to be Amazing Spidey 300!!

I love McFarlane!
Another reason why DeadPool is because of early Rob Liefeld!

Those 2 guys are awesome. Love their artwork!
CxG Voodoo Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
orion7950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CxG Voodoo Doll View Post
Another reason why DeadPool is because of early Rob Liefeld!
I know you're not supposed to "judge a book by its cover", but I bought this right off the newsstand back in the day because at the time, this artwork was sick.



It wasn't until Liefeld blew up a few years later that I even realized this was him, never really paid much attention.
orion7950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
CxG Voodoo Doll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion7950 View Post
I know you're not supposed to "judge a book by its cover", but I bought this right off the newsstand back in the day because at the time, this artwork was sick.



It wasn't until Liefeld blew up a few years later that I even realized this was him, never really paid much attention.
Wow, who would have known. That's a great find and a cool piece.
CxG Voodoo Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CxG Voodoo Doll View Post
Thanks!!

Yea I saw that issue too. I think they had it listed as a variant cover for like 12-15 here at Muse Comics. I'll go back tomorrow and get it

My next MAIN pick up is going to be Amazing Spidey 300!!

I love McFarlane!
Another reason why DeadPool is because of early Rob Liefeld!

Those 2 guys are awesome. Love their artwork!
See if your shops have 298 or 299 too, mcfarlane's first marvel work, as well as first images of venom.
SidelineDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
techtre2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mid-Eastern Illinois
Posts: 1,037
Default

And then grab up to #328 and you'll have the whole McFarlane run
techtre2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 43
Default

Sounds like a great plan! Brandon Graham is the artist I'm trying to collect all if. He's still young, though, so that helps. Plus he has some awesome OA and page layouts for decent prices.
SidelineDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
chalado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 1,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CxG Voodoo Doll View Post
Thanks!!

Yea I saw that issue too. I think they had it listed as a variant cover for like 12-15 here at Muse Comics. I'll go back tomorrow and get it

My next MAIN pick up is going to be Amazing Spidey 300!!

I love McFarlane!
Another reason why DeadPool is because of early Rob Liefeld!

Those 2 guys are awesome. Love their artwork!

Liefeld? Seriously, dude?

The 40 Worst Rob Liefeld Drawings - Progressive Boink

40 MORE Of The Worst Rob Liefeld Drawings. - Progressive Boink
__________________
Am I going to learn karate?
The Dane Cook of martial arts? No.
chalado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
natbornkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: bkNY
Posts: 14,140
Default

and compare him to some of the people doing marvel books today........
__________________
this one goes out to some of the members
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?title=dee-dee-dee-song&videoId=72779

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
chalado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 1,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
and compare him to some of the people doing marvel books today........
...I've compared him to everybody. Definitely one of the worst artists and a horrible writer to top it off.

Just my opinion, but there is a reason I'm not alone in thinking this.
__________________
Am I going to learn karate?
The Dane Cook of martial arts? No.
chalado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
chalado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 1,302
Default



This
__________________
Am I going to learn karate?
The Dane Cook of martial arts? No.
chalado is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.