Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay buyer block list

Was thinking it might be good to have a thread to compile list of Ebay account names we have blocked. This is assuming you have blocked for good reasons. This would help prevent same activity from same crappy buyers. Lots of us sell the same types of items so it is likely we deal with the same people. Personally I block for 3 reasons.

Never pays (also never contacts):
If you buy something and regret it or change your mind or find cheaper, ok sucks I know but contact the seller same day or shortly after so they can relist. As you know days and days of no contact is money lost for sellers, so its insult to injury. I don't block these buyers, I block the ones that never contact after repeated email with no response or response only after a ebay non paying bidder case has been filed. Canceling a purchase isn't difficult and you get your money back and can relist shortly after, no problem.

Extortionist:
You know the type. Already paying the lowest possible price or purchased your item or an item which now sells for less and tells you the NM condition comic or lot of comics you sent that you are 100% were NM and packed super well are VG due to a spine ding and they would like $20 refund on the lot that cost them $30. You then see the same item for sale from them listed as NM.

Buyer who left you Negative:
While you could be just a crappy seller, as a seller you don't really have a way to give a buyer negative so here is a way to at least offer others the option to block. Ideally should be a situation where the buyer was trying to pull one over on you, as the ebay buyer policies so graciously allow.

If you guys don't think this thread is a good idea we can just let it die, just throwing it out there due to some recent annoyance with non-paying buyers on multiple buy it now's.
DNOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

I think if you have a short situational story behind each block it is helpful for others to assess if they think it's a good idea for them to block as well.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

how bout a buyers and sellers block list
kill two birds with one stone...
Muaythai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ebay allows Feedback for Sellers, so it's kinda redundant.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

I need to find one of my earlier posts and call out those buyers tonight.
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have a question. If you block a seller, does it not allow you to place a bid on his/her items? I have on occasion, found a seller to show nice pictures and describe MINT and when the cards arrive, scratches all over them. Then months pass and I buy again without recognizing the same seller. Wish I could prevent this somehow.

Anyway, if someone on BO is collecting and building a list of Buyers/sellers blocked here is mine which took 12 years to compile:

3525jeffrey, 4deadcatbounce4, aclough39, adam-12!, adriexxe2010, alansartnstuff, aldredr87, allcardsfreeshipping, bearcats4, bigboydsportscards3, bluedude420, booth7076, bostonsportfan91, breakmasterb, brucebooker, burns1824, cardinalsfan25, ccalhouns, chartleycards, christinyang2011, cookiedough1212, delanoblue, dmkteabaggin, gagiants1, go49ersalltheway, gomatt, goosemonkeysx3, grtwht01, hardspun8, hotprospects2011, ivictor25, j.hollands, jandbboxbreaks3, jbdk23, jdlyght, jmatt027, jmf_2011, johnw4355, kecards1, kmac-716, lafond1968, ljmaya, marinera24, marybayer29, mavigil2012, mdawgx24, miketrout21, mmmqualitycards, mwd21, nanabugs1, nerdman6, onelildreamer, ortega_22, peyton88aaron, pntballm, psa-set-registry, psagemmint10, qualitycardservice, rebeccas482, reido4, rich11666, rj5683sar, rockchalkcards, rockytop83h, sasflax, slyd49, spiritsports, sportscardgiant_store, stacksofpacks, tcsbaseball, thorash, tiki4mvp, tnccards7282, vang_zero93, wadedaniel2011, widing15, wonderking-2008, xlelitecards

Exception on this list is j.hollands in Canada. He is a big seller of high end bowman products but never buy a raw card because he sells only cards with defects and grades all others. Feel free to buy graded cards from him.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNOC View Post
Ebay allows Feedback for Sellers, so it's kinda redundant.
Ebay also suspends and/or expels problem buyers.
Drdduet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

If you block a seller, does it not allow you to place a bid on his/her items?

All it does is keeps him from bidding on your items. As long as you are not blocked by him you can still buy their items.

My problem with these lists is what stops a seller from placing some of their better buyers here to cause others to block them

Or(as happened on another site)

A few people on these lists get together create other IDs and wreck havok on sellers who are partaking in these lists.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote