Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverence View Post
I have 3 sets of #1 and #2 left. Iv flipped 4 sets thus far. I'm easily in the black on these. Do you guys think they will hold there value long enough to keep these and wait for #3 and #4 to come out and sell them as a complete set for more?
I did the same thing with Injustice #1,2,3 as sets, and then when 4 and 5 came, wish I hadn't as #1 kept going up in price.. Hard to say, but if anything like Injustice, you might hold a set just in case.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I did the same thing with Injustice #1,2,3 as sets, and then when 4 and 5 came, wish I hadn't as #1 kept going up in price.. Hard to say, but if anything like Injustice, you might hold a set just in case.
I did that with Injustice to and that's what I'm trying to avoid.

My fear is these might loss interest after the game has been out for a few months. Injustice has fans for the superheroes and for the game. This just has the game characters.
Deliverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #28 (permalink)

Man have you guys seen the auctions for the special editions of the game on Ebay? People are paying some good money for those since they are now sold out. The Gamestop Post Pandemic Edition sold for some crazy prices.
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #29 (permalink)

I bet the Variant in those high priced sets will be a ton in the future.... Wish mine was in better shape
Old 06-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #30 (permalink)

I picked up one of the survival editions of the game and got one of the variant covers of number. Im going to hang on to it thou. The game is pretty sweet. Im glad to see it doing well. Ill probably try to read the series once im finished I dont wanna spoil anything.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:53 AM   #31 (permalink)

Since you are discussing price of Injustice sets:

A set of raw Injustice#1 - 5 with 2nd & 3rd prints (but did not include Variant) just sold today on fleabay for $113.61. 29 bids. Guess word is getting out. And title is heating up as Robin just died in last panel of #5. Got to see how Batman and his gang will react. I just hope that it will become an ongoing DC title with at least 60 issues.

Injustice Gods Among US 1 2 3 4 Complete Set 1st 2nd 3rd Printings Hot Run | eBay

Hopefully trend will apply to the "Last of us".
Aloha808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #32 (permalink)

want to say a massive heads up to the 1lonewolf86 for putting me on to this listing

the last of us comic book , sticker. brand new, post worldwide | eBay

very kind of you
talktoofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talktoofast View Post
want to say a massive heads up to the 1lonewolf86 for putting me on to this listing

very kind of you
Nice grab!
Old 06-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverence View Post
Nice grab!
It was & as I mentioned I only knew about it as 1lonewolf86 emailed me to say there were copies after he got a couple.
Outstanding work from my man
Old 06-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #35 (permalink)

Junkies taking care of Junkies. Nice to see.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:13 AM   #36 (permalink)

Gutted received my 3 copies of the varaint this morning only to find they are some mini comic (16.5cm & 11.5cm).
Not happy, I have emailed the seller stating I would like to return them. As I don't think there is much value to these above what I paid for them. What do other people think RE Value on these.
I have included a picture below next to a normal comic to give you an idea of size of these

Last edited by talktoofast; 06-20-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Gutted received my 3 copies of the varaint this morning only to find they are some mini comic (16.5cm & 11.5cm).
Not happy, I have emailed the seller stating I would like to return them. As I don't think there is much value to these above what I paid for them. What do other people think RE Value on these.
I have included a picture below next to a normal comic to give you an idea of size of these

That looks about the size of a ps3/xbox game box. Is there a version of the comic that comes with the game when you buy it?
Old 06-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:

I KNEW it!!

I was having a debate with somebody on CGC boards because I had gotten the variant before the game came out from an employee of a store. The promo packs stores had gotten(only one of) had a full sized comic. The mini shown in the picture is in the game.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Talking

Quote:

As this misfortune is probably partially my fault, and using my unique sense of warped logic, I have come to the unbiased conclusion that I am not responsible for this what-so-ever .. atall.

On a serious note, I didn't know there was a mini and will be sending mine back too. Really disappointing mailday today. :/
1nelonewolf86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nelonewolf86 View Post
As this misfortune is probably partially my fault, and using my unique sense of warped logic, I have come to the unbiased conclusion that I am not responsible for this what-so-ever .. atall.

On a serious note, I didn't know there was a mini and will be sending mine back too. Really disappointing mailday today. :/
Not your fault in the slightest mate, you weren't to know. I still appreciate the heads up even though they didn't turn out to be what we thought
Old 06-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:

wow! wow! wow! hang on, so let me get this straight here.

so because of your own stupidity, and the fact that you got a boner over thinking you got just pulled a fast one on a seller, and got some crazy steal on a hot 20.00 variant comic, you have now come to the conclusion that all this is the sellers fault?

instead of taking time to do your own due diligence and make sure of what you're buying first, now you are not happy and it is now the sellers fault and you want to return them? may i ask why?

is it because he wasn't selling you 3 20.00 comics for 7 bucks each? this guy's listing was not in the least misleading, he didn't claim them to be anything other than a comic book. also the fact that he listed them for 7 bucks each should of raised some type of red flag. imo 7 bucks doesn't seem like a outrageous price to pay for these anyway, instead you're just butthurt you didn't score some expensive variants for dirt cheap.

sorry but imo this is all on you my friend, so why don't you just suck up the fact you jumped the gun thinking you just got over on the seller and eat it, don't try and play victim and act like you got hustled out of 21 bucks. it's not like he sold you them for 20 bucks each, then you would have a case that he tried to scam you. just leave the seller alone and move on. he didn't do anything wrong here at all.

i'm not sure how much you buy comics from the states here, but i'm still glad your ebay name is in your avatar because you just made my blocked buyer list with this amateur hour bush league move.

Last edited by Burt-Reynolds; 06-20-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post

so because of your own stupidity, and the fact that you got a boner over thinking you got just pulled a fast one on a seller, and got some crazy steal on a hot 20.00 variant comic, you have now come to the conclusion that all this is the sellers fault?

instead of taking time to do your own due diligence and make sure of what you're buying first, now you are not happy and it is now the sellers fault and you want to return them? may i ask why?

is it because he wasn't selling you 3 20.00 comics for 7 bucks each? this guy's listing was not in the least misleading, he didn't claim them to be anything other than a comic book. also the fact that he listed them for 7 bucks each should of raised some type of red flag. imo 7 bucks doesn't seem like a outrageous price to pay for these anyway. you're just butthurt you didn't score some expensive variant for dirt cheap.

sorry but imo this is all on you my friend, so why don't you just suck up the fact you jumped the gun thinking you just got over on the seller and eat it, don't try and play victim and act like you got hustled out of 21 bucks.

the seller did nothing wrong here. i'm not sure how much you buy comics from the states here, but i'm still glad your ebay name is in your avatar because you just made my blocked buyer list with this amateur hour bush league move.
whats with the attitude???
Can you tell me where I said it was the sellers fault?
I'm not playing the victim & to be honest I think you need to get down off your high horse there.
I emailed the seller stating I had made a mistake & would he mind if I returned them which he was more than happy to do.
You can block me all you want as you sound like a really angry person & just the sort of person I hate dealing with
Old 06-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

is it because he wasn't selling you 3 20.00 comics for 7 bucks each? this guy's listing was not in the least misleading, he didn't claim them to be anything other than a comic book. also the fact that he listed them for 7 bucks each should of raised some type of red flag. imo 7 bucks doesn't seem like a outrageous price to pay for these anyway, instead you're just butthurt you didn't score some expensive variants for dirt cheap.

sorry but imo this is all on you my friend, so why don't you just suck up the fact you jumped the gun thinking you just got over on the seller and eat it, don't try and play victim and act like you got hustled out of 21 bucks. it's not like he sold you them for 20 bucks each, then you would have a case that he tried to scam you. just leave the seller alone and move on. he didn't do anything wrong here at all.

i'm not sure how much you buy comics from the states here, but i'm still glad your ebay name is in your avatar because you just made my blocked buyer list with this amateur hour bush league move.
WOW. Tough day at the office?
Old 06-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
whats with the attitude???
Can you tell me where I said it was the sellers fault?
I'm not playing the victim & to be honest I think you need to get down off your high horse there.
I emailed the seller stating I had made a mistake & would he mind if I returned them which he was more than happy to do.
You can block me all you want as you sound like a really angry person & just the sort of person I hate dealing with
nah "mate". as matter of fact i'm a great seller and person to deal with, just ask anyone on these forums who have dealt with me, or check my 700+ 100% feedback on ebay. i ship great and am very fair with my pricing.

also i'm not on any kind of high horse at all here, just trying to put out a little common sense here.

i just have a "attitude" when dealing with pain in the a$$e$ like you, and i can relate to what this seller is about to go through with you in this situation. so yes in cases of buyers like you acting so irresponsibly, you're right it does make me "angry".

look, dress it up anyway you want, but bottom line is you thought you got a steal on some comics. you thought you paid 21 bucks for some comics you could turn around and sell for 60-70 bucks as soon as you got them. now that they are not what they seem, and it appears you have only now paid what i think is probably still a fair market price for them, you are now as you put it "gutted"? why is that? cause there is no money to be made on them by you now, am i right?

so now you will put this all back on the buyer cause you didn't get what you thought you were getting, and make him go through the hassle of having to return them and refund you for your own mistake, because you probably couldn't click the BIN fast enough thinking you had just fleeced this guy.

so like i said, suck it up and just keep the comics. 7 bucks isn't a crazy price, but you're just bummed out you can't flip them so you want to get your money back.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Sorry to butt in here but to be fair I did send the link thinking the same. I think it boils down to purchasing and overpaying for something not as expected, rather than trying to 'get one up' on somebody else. The book was not stated as the mini version of the same title so it is an easy mistake to make. Without playing devils advocate here I see the point you are trying to make, but rather the tone was pretty abrupt and inflammatory even.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #46 (permalink)

you may say you're a great person to deal with I just think there's way to put things & way's not to, your original post comes across as rude & condescending.
Yes I may have bought them with out asking if they were comic I thought but I wasn't aware that there was even this mini version of this comic.
I emailed seller apologising & saying I had made a mistake as I didn't realise they were the mini comic, he responded saying that is no problem at all & he didn't realise there was actually a normal size version of this comic.
But at the end of the day I feel there was no need for your response
Old 06-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nelonewolf86 View Post
Sorry to butt in here but to be fair I did send the link thinking the same. I think it boils down to purchasing and overpaying for something not as expected, rather than trying to 'get one up' on somebody else. The book was not stated as the mini version of the same title so it is an easy mistake to make. Without playing devils advocate here I see the point you are trying to make, but rather the tone was pretty abrupt and inflammatory even.
fair enough, but i'm also not trying to sugarcoat it either. it is what it is. this is one of my biggest pet peeves and it is super annoying, so if sounds angry, it's because that's the place it's coming from.

whether you linked him to it or not doesn't matter.

it is irresponsible buying bottom line. the seller didn't say it was a mini, but he also didn't try to get 20 bucks for it either. as a buyer you should make sure of what you are buying.

hmm it's 7 bucks, maybe i should contact the seller to see what's up and make sure of what i'm buying here, that would be most peoples thought process here right? but in this case you think you're getting a steal so you don't want to contact the buyer and tip him off to his possible mistake, and your possible windfall. so you just hit the bin.

now the comics come in the mail and it wasn't what you expect, so screw this i'm sending them back and getting my money back. just irresponsible all the way around, and one of the main reasons why everyone and their mother complain about why ebay sucks so bad. because of buyers that can just do things like this and worse without impunity and no reprecussions.

i've been on the receiving end of these shenanigans more than once and it pisses me off to no end. so it's just part of the bigger picture to me and his whole post rubbed me the wrong way, and got me to posting about my overall thoughts on these types of behaviors.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #48 (permalink)

This negativity has to end. Everyone has opinions and if a seller and buyer worked out a solution leave it at that. The argument about being a high volume seller is not even relevant.
natevegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
you may say you're a great person to deal with I just think there's way to put things & way's not to, your original post comes across as rude & condescending.
Yes I may have bought them with out asking if they were comic I thought but I wasn't aware that there was even this mini version of this comic.
I emailed seller apologising & saying I had made a mistake as I didn't realise they were the mini comic, he responded saying that is no problem at all & he didn't realise there was actually a normal size version of this comic.
But at the end of the day I feel there was no need for your response
fine, and like i said it is what it is. i'm not going to apologize for the way it sounds.

also my point is why put that seller in this position in the first place. own your mistake and just keep them.

the seller showed no wrong doing here, and it very nice that he is willing to take them back, but then again what choice does he have in the matter. he's taking them back and refunding you one way or another anyway, because afterall this is ebay we're talking about. he has over 4k in feedback so pretty sure he knows the drill, no reason to argue with you over it, just refund and move on. it's like the cops always say in the movies, "we can do this the easy way, or the hard way".
Old 06-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
fair enough, but i'm also not trying to sugarcoat it either. it is what it is. this is one of my biggest pet peeves and it is super annoying, so if sounds angry, it's because that's the place it's coming from.

whether you linked him to it or not doesn't matter.

it is irresponsible buying bottom line. the seller didn't say it was a mini, but he also didn't try to get 20 bucks for it either. as a buyer you should make sure of what you are buying.

hmm it's 7 bucks, maybe i should contact the seller to see what's up and make sure of what i'm buying here, that would be most peoples thought process here right? but in this case you think you're getting a steal so you don't want to contact the buyer and tip him off to his possible mistake, and your possible windfall. so you just hit the bin.

now the comics come in the mail and it wasn't what you expect, so screw this i'm sending them back and getting my money back. just irresponsible all the way around, and one of the main reasons why everyone and their mother complain about why ebay sucks so bad. because of buyers that can just do things like this and worse without impunity and no reprecussions.

i've been on the receiving end of these shenanigans more than once and it pisses me off to no end. so it's just part of the bigger picture to me and his whole post rubbed me the wrong way, and got me to posting about my overall thoughts on these types of behaviors.
You know what I really can't be bothered getting into this with you
I made a mistake & I emailed the seller very politely asking if it would be OK to return them as I made a mistake. The seller was absolutely fine with this (If he hadn't been I would as you put 'suck it up') I';m not the sort of twat that would then rasie a case & be all crappy about it.
Yes I am also a seller & have had to deal with rude inconsidertae buyers & probably most peiople on here know how it is. I was neither of those, I made a mistake & bought something I didn't want & the seller was kind enough to understand this & let me retunr them. End of story, Goodbye