Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default newbie question..

I have subscriptions to Batman and Superman, the new 52. Since I have no shops in Charlotte. Well there is one! But they are sky high and not near my house! Are the subscriptions first editions/first prints or are those shop exclusives? If they are collectable, is there a way to get my copies so they do not look like they went through hell? I got my batman 21 the other day and it is so bent! If you guys dont have shop do you just order from ebay for mint copies? Sorry I never collected comics as a kid. I had them but never kept them nice. Same with my baseball/football cards!

I got a subscriptions that my wife bought me for gifts since she knew I liked the joker story in batman and superman is my absolute favorite! They come in poly bag but are all banged up!
Old 06-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

well in the UK I just order from an ebay shop or get mail order from shops that have reasonable postage. From what I see on the US ebay there are alot of reasonable retailers & you'll probably get free P & P from some. Most comic shops you order from on ebay will send bagged & boarded & in cardboard mailers so your comiocs should turn up in Near mint condition.
Just remember wednesday is comic day - Best day of the week. I have 1 ebay shop that is cheaper than nearly every retailer I been to so on wednesday morning at 9.30am I am sitting at work on there shop hitting the refresh button waiting for the stock to appear!
I'm sure some US Junkies can recommend some retailers
talktoofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Depending on how much you read you can go to midtown and subscribe through there. I think you have to subscribe to 10 titles though. If you only read a couple just go through eBay, you'll get comics bagged and boarded and in better shape than your current plan.
Philippians 4:13
http://s1001.photobucket.com/home/shawnholmes2003/allalbums
mavsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
BMC
Banned

Go to comiccollectorlive.com. Sign up (it's free to create an account). Use the PM feature to contact a seller named Comics Castle. Buy from him. No more worries.
BMC is offline   Reply With Quote