Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Think Tank Matt Hawkins SDCC CGC SS Grading Order

UPDATE! Going through some boxes today came across 2 NM+ 9.8 candidates of #1.. I forgot I had these stuck away. I'll offer them for the grading at a mere $10 each, which has been added to the price below. Only two available, first some first served... I think THIS is an excellent book to get CGC SS'd right now

Total for Both Hawkins & Rashan Ekedal Signatures: $155
Total for Just Hawkins: $125

Canada add an additional $15 for shipping. INT: $xx Contact me

Costs covers Think Tank #1 1st Print NM/M Comic, Autograph(s), Grading, Facilitator Fees, Handling Fees, CGC Additional Auto Fees, Shipping & Insurance

PAYMENTS DUE ASAP: Organizing these signings require payment as soon as possible as I need to coordinate securing books and to get this all scheduled for the signings with the artists/coordinator/CGC..

=================================
INDY SENT TO CGC:
RECEIVED BY CGC:
SENT BACK TO INDY:
RECEIVED BY INDY:
GRADING TIER: MODERN FAST TRACK
=================================

============================================
GRADING ORDERS - TAKING ORDERS : OPEN

BO MEMBER:
BOOK:
SIGNED BY:
INK COLOR: SILVER
SERIAL NUMBER:
GRADE:
INVOICE:

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 06-24-2013 at 07:51 PM.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm waiting on deliver of a #1 cover B arriving which I'm hoping will be a high grade... Only problem is getting it to you in time with royal mail taking around 7-10 days usually.

When is the cut off Indy?
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Might be interested in a double signed on my extra #1. I'll watch for the price and let you know.
BizarroChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Any head sketch opportunities for the back of the bagus variant?
gilbo4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbo4545 View Post
Any head sketch opportunities for the back of the bagus variant?
Nope, can't do that, sorry.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Put me on the list pending price. Thx
mb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

Pricing posted
Old 06-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

You mind if I ask how you get these prices? They seem to be getting higher and higher. It cost me $54 to do tripple sigs on revival, so 50 for grading, 12 for shipping, you're not providing the books, and the auto is free. Close to $100 profit for getting them signed? Im interested, but not at those prices. I understand you need to make some premium, but $90?
Old 06-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'll pass too. Thanks for the efforts though Indy
BizarroChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
You mind if I ask how you get these prices? They seem to be getting higher and higher. It cost me $54 to do tripple sigs on revival, so 50 for grading, 12 for shipping, you're not providing the books, and the auto is free. Close to $100 profit for getting them signed? Im interested, but not at those prices. I understand you need to make some premium, but $90?
Yeah, they are higher than doing them yourself, but I'm paying someone who's attending the show, which in itself is expensive, but if you can do it yourself, go ahead. If you can approach these guys with a CGC Rep and get books submitted with yellow labels for free, be my guest, as most charge for autos, or at least donations to the CBLDF. Using your previous experience of doing signings, who knows where, I can see how you think that, but these are not cheap to do, and I really don't need the aggravation as I only started doing these as I was asked.

Hawkins 30
Ekedal's 25
Consignors Fee $20
CGC Handling Fee $5
CGC Additional Auto Fee $5
CGC Grading Fee $38
Shipping/Insurance $17

Total for Both Signatures: 140 & Paypal fees $4.36 = 144.36
Total for Just Hawkins: 110 & paypal fees 3.49 = 113.49

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 06-22-2013 at 03:53 PM.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
You also have to remember not everyone has the ability to do that. Indy, was offering a service for those that are not able to do it. No one is forced to buy anything, either you do or you don't want it, period.

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l600/Hilfiger1975
Hilfiger1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Yeah, I am in no means the most cost effective as I'm sure there are some of you who can do these things in person cheaper. As I've said before, this is not a business for me, just a hobby, and I try to help out where I can and if it doesn't work for you, I'm sorry, but I do what I can.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Yeah, I am in no means the most cost effective as I'm sure there are some of you who can do these things in person cheaper. As I've said before, this is not a business for me, just a hobby, and I try to help out where I can and if it doesn't work for you, I'm sorry, but I do what I can.
...and your efforts are greatly appreciated!!

Try running a CGC signing over here - it just does not happen!

Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, they are higher than doing them yourself, but I'm paying someone who's attending the show, which in itself is expensive, but if you can do it yourself, go ahead. If you can approach these guys with a CGC Rep and get books submitted with yellow labels for free, be my guest, as most charge for autos, or at least donations to the CBLDF. Using your previous experience of doing signings, who knows where, I can see how you think that, but these are not cheap to do, and I really don't need the aggravation as I only started doing these as I was asked.

Hawkins 30
Ekedal's 25
Consignors Fee $20
CGC Handling Fee $5
CGC Additional Auto Fee $5
CGC Grading Fee $38
Shipping/Insurance $17

Total for Both Signatures: 140 & Paypal fees $4.36 = 144.36
Total for Just Hawkins: 110 & paypal fees 3.49 = 113.49
Indy has been here for a long time and that was unfair..way unfair...for him to be bashed that way...This is a service for those who can't go to signings or what not...

Setting up things like these are not easy and I commend Indy for doing such. If the prices are high then just don't get the service that's it.

Anyway we appreciate all the things you do Indy
bigboytoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Thanks guys, don't sweat it. I can understand where they're coming from as well, but I think we're comparing apples to oranges here.. It's available to those who want it, I'm not going anywhere and love the hobby too much.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:48 AM   #16 (permalink)

I also want to say that I truly appreciate Indy for all his efforts with the CGC club. I know that it takes a lot of time, and attention to details to do what he does.

Indy, may I ask what is your recommendation for doing CGC of the TT SDCC #1 variants already with the two signatures?

Thank you in advance.
Aloha808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha808 View Post
Indy, may I ask what is your recommendation for doing CGC of the TT SDCC #1 variants already with the two signatures?
If it's for your PC and are not concerned with resale it's worth it for protection and grading, but it'll get the dreaded green label as CGC didn't witness the signatures.

Personally I don't bother with grading if CGC doesn't witness the signature.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks guys, don't sweat it. I can understand where they're coming from as well, but I think we're comparing apples to oranges here.. It's available to those who want it, I'm not going anywhere and love the hobby too much.
Great attitude, Indy. You could have acted like a three year old and cried and pissed and moaned, but you handled it like a professional, i like that.

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l600/Hilfiger1975
Hilfiger1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #19 (permalink)

No offense was meant. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but these gradings are considered a service no? I'm pretty sure I have every right to ask about the pricing of a service. We live in a consumer based society. If you go to car dealership, and they quote you a price on services, do you just say yes, or ask what you are being charged for? Same Concept... I am very interested in Think Tank, considering its a series I love to read, not a book that I'm looking to speculate on. The AVG sale prices for a #1 CGC SS 9.8 has been about $80 tops over the past few months. So when I read I can pay $144 to ship my own book to get signed, I was a bit taken a back. Considering I was interested in this service, I decided to ask why it was that high. Comments like "that was unfair..way unfair...for him to be bashed that way..." are a little mellow dramatic I'd say...
Old 06-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
No offense was meant. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but these gradings are considered a service no? I'm pretty sure I have every right to ask about the pricing of a service. We live in a consumer based society. If you go to car dealership, and they quote you a price on services, do you just say yes, or ask what you are being charged for? Same Concept... I am very interested in Think Tank, considering its a series I love to read, not a book that I'm looking to speculate on. The AVG sale prices for a #1 CGC SS 9.8 has been about $80 tops over the past few months. So when I read I can pay $144 to ship my own book to get signed, I was a bit taken a back. Considering I was interested in this service, I decided to ask why it was that high. Comments like "that was unfair..way unfair...for him to be bashed that way..." are a little mellow dramatic I'd say...
Don't sweat it. We don't need a huge fight going on here. Sales prices and pricing to get it done are two different things as well. Just because something is signed and graded, doesn't mean it'll resell higher than the actual costs either.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #21 (permalink)

UPDATE! Going through some boxes today came across 2 NM+ 9.8 candidates of #1.. I forgot I had these stuck away. I'll offer them for the grading at a mere $10 each, which has been added to the price

Only two available, first some first served... I think THIS is an excellent book to get CGC SS'd right now
Old 06-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
UPDATE! Going through some boxes today came across 2 NM+ 9.8 candidates of #1.. I forgot I had these stuck away. I'll offer them for the grading at a mere $10 each, which has been added to the price

Only two available, first some first served... I think THIS is an excellent book to get CGC SS'd right now
I agree... Matt Hawkins has been teasing something big lately.. Been getting got 2 Hutomo Virgins Variants in to CGC today.