Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Jim Carrey now against Kick Ass 2 Movie he's in

Jim Carrey today declared publicly on Twitter that he’s had a change of heart about Kick-Ass 2, in which he has a key role as Colonel Stars and Stripes. Having reflected on the recent mass killing in Sandy Hook, Carrey said that he can no longer support “the level of violence” in the movie.

Millar published his response on his Millarworld forums.

As you may know, Jim is a passionate advocate of gun-control and I respect both his politics and his opinion, but I’m baffled by this sudden announcement as nothing seen in this picture wasn’t in the screenplay eighteen months ago.

My Note: Maybe since Carrey feels so strongly about it now, he'll return the money he took to participate in the film. Also, what's your excuse for Burt Wonderstone, that BOMB you were in?
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

he also wishes he was still banging jenny mccarthy

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
LOL ^^^ Who doesn't?!
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
XL5

F him. Jim Carrey is an idiot. He crusades against childhood vaccines. A whole lot of kids die from preventable diseases. Probably far more than those that die from firearms. In fact, he and his ex-wife/girlfriend/whatever help contribute to some of those deaths.

He's welcome to his opinion but when he starts to use his fame to spread misinformation and false science he needs to get called out.

Kick Ass 2: ficton. Death from preventable disease: reality. The thing is, his opinion of his acting might be so high that he thinks KA2 is reality?
Old 06-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
LOL ^^^ Who doesn't?!
TRUE ....SO TRUE

Old 06-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Millar writes:
"As you may know, Jim is a passionate advocate of gun-control and I respect both his politics and his opinion, but I'm baffled by this sudden announcement as nothing seen in this picture wasn't in the screenplay eighteen months ago. ... Like Jim, I'm horrified by real-life violence (even though I'm Scottish), but Kick-Ass 2 isn't a documentary. No actors were harmed in the making of this production! This is fiction and like Tarantino and Peckinpah, Scorcese and Eastwood, John Boorman, Oliver Stone and Chan-Wook Park, Kick-Ass avoids the usual bloodless body-count of most big summer pictures and focuses instead of the CONSEQUENCES of violence, whether it's the ramifications for friends and family or, as we saw in the first movie, Kick-Ass spending six months in hospital after his first street altercation. Ironically, Jim's character in Kick-Ass 2 is a Born-Again Christian and the big deal we made of the fact that he refuses to fire a gun is something he told us attracted him to the role in the first place. Ultimately, this is his decision, but I've never quite bought the notion that violence in fiction leads to violence in real-life any more than Harry Potter casting a spell creates more Boy Wizards in real-life. ... Jim, I love ya and I hope you reconsider for all the above points. You're amazing in this insanely fun picture and I'm very proud of what Jeff, Matthew and all the team have done here."
Old 06-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

If there was a giant blockbuster film staring Wil Smith or Tom Cruise / Brad Pitt killing randomly the press and hollywood would be in a thrall over how great it is. Hollywood banks money on violent movies and then they are hypocrites saying they don't like guns. lol
natevegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

He is an idiot and I refuse to watch anything he does. He can have his opinion and I have mine. I agree, if he strongly disagrees, he should return the money.
tnfishdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

so are they gonna have to re-film the movie now?
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

This is weird.

I'm no fan of guns, but I know the difference between reality & fiction. That's what age ratings are for.
Madrizzle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

this will only draw more attention to the movie, so fail for him
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherunique View Post
this will only draw more attention to the movie, so fail for him
maybe hes getting a cut of the gate

Old 06-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post

yeah she was a lot of fun
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

lol
Old 06-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

lol
Old 06-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

Tired of these hollyweird people..They need to stop acting political etc and just act like we pay them to do. If I wanted their political opinion I would elect them to office
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #17 (permalink)

I'd actually buy some of what Jim was saying IF he donated his entire check to a fund helping Sandy Hook victims or something. Instead he probably already cashed that check. There seems to be a fair amount of Hollywood people coming out against works they have done but have no issue profiting from them at the same time. I may not agree with their politics, but I'd have a lot more respect for them if they put their money where their mouth is and give up those big checks to further their own causes. Too bad that seems to never happen (Two and Half Men kid I'm looking at you).
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I'd actually buy some of what Jim was saying IF he donated his entire check to a fund helping Sandy Hook victims or something. Instead he probably already cashed that check. There seems to be a fair amount of Hollywood people coming out against works they have done but have no issue profiting from them at the same time. I may not agree with their politics, but I'd have a lot more respect for them if they put their money where their mouth is and give up those big checks to further their own causes. Too bad that seems to never happen (Two and Half Men kid I'm looking at you).
Well, no, think about it.
He had read the screen play, he knew the violence was there.
had he said " I have had a change of views/heart since XXX" and then denounced it, I would buy it, but as it sits, someone said " Hey man, this is bad for your career" and it is playing out in this way