Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Collider - a sci-fi ongoing series from Vertigo

Quote:
It started small: temporary gravity failures, time reversal loops, entropy reversals. With much fanfare a new government agency was formed with a mandate 'to prevent and protect.' Its official title: The Federal Bureau of Physics. Humans, if nothing else, adapt to the changing parameters of their existence. What was extraordinary soon became ordinary, a part of people's daily lives. They move on and do what people have always done: survive. But even that new status quo is now under threat. Things are getting worse, and it falls to Special Agent Adam Hardy and his FBP team to figure out what's going on, before it's too late...
Interview: Oliver & Rodriguez Bring "Collider" to Vertigo - Comic Book Resources

Preview: Preview: Collider #1 - Comic Book Resources

Spotlight: Art Spotlight on COLLIDER #1 | Vertigo

The release has been discussed on a few threads. I have also seen a few comments on some of the links I provided. I get really excited about Vertigo releases (have you been in The Wake thread?) and this has me the most excited so far in 2013 (I'm still waiting on Pretty Deadly from Image). When has Vertigo last done an ongoing sci-fi series? If ever? And Vertigo does it right with only one variant that is an incentive (1:25 I believe). Science based books have been getting some attention (NWM and the quite buying up of Think Tank) and I hope this one does to.

The first image is just the promo poster they were using and the other images are preview pages. The cover is easily searchable when you go to order it :baiting:.

Anyone else looking forward to this?
tommyVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

I posted that on the CGC forum the other week. What I didn't post is this:

Quote:
There’s another upcoming launch from DC Comics, Collider, which Dan DiDio was telling retailers at the roadshow yesterday had been severely underordered, they believe. It’s quite a simple gimmick here, adding a 1:25 black and white variant cover, which may persuade stores top ropund their numbers up to the nearest twenty-five. Or in many cases, order twenty-five copies. The variants do have an after-market value depending on their scarcity and that can help justify the cost of ordering so many of the standard edition.
How To Help A Comic Book Sell - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

I think the regular cover is the one to go with. The 1:25 is just the same cover, but B&W. Why would you want a B&W cover with something this colorful?
Old 06-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

I am indeed, art looks lovely & loving the cover.
Got high hope for this.
had never heard of the artist before so goggled him & came across some beautiful work

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=RO...F%3B749%3B1000
talktoofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Guy at my local was talking to me about this. Sounds cool. I'm in for one to read.
gilbo4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Because sketch variants are hipster and sexy at the same time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyVoltage View Post
I posted that on the CGC forum the other week. What I didn't post is this:

How To Help A Comic Book Sell - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

I think the regular cover is the one to go with. The 1:25 is just the same cover, but B&W. Why would you want a B&W cover with something this colorful?
gilbo4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Had my pre-order in for a while after speaking about it here, may actually up my number after seeing more more of the art and I must say its very eye catching! Hope the story lives up to it, would fill the gap from Fringe now finished on tv and something else to capture my out there worldly love of science and bending my mind thinking about the universe and dark matter!
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

The coloring and inking is awesome
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

I am not really a fan of the art...I think it's more of a niche if anything else but there are good reviews about this

Also it is sold out on midtown, tfaw etc...
bigboytoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboytoys View Post
I am not really a fan of the art...I think it's more of a niche if anything else but there are good reviews about this

Also it is sold out on midtown, tfaw etc...
It doesn't come out until July 10. It won't be on any of those websites until July 3 afternoon.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyVoltage View Post
It doesn't come out until July 10. It won't be on any of those websites until July 3 afternoon.
i mean pre-order wise it is all gone....I saw some pre-sales yesterday for it and didnt grab it...there were about 38 in the inventory of tfaw but was gone early today...
bigboytoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:19 AM   #11 (permalink)

Pre-orders depend on the site..Some sites don't have pre-orders open yet..
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote