Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyVoltage View Post
You need an eBay account. If you can't make an account, then why doesn't your business partner make one?

The days of buying Image #1 titles in bulk are over. LCS are aware of the popularity of indie titles now and stock up. I think it should only be like this for a few months. You see how many new people come on here or CGC everyday. There is no more $10-15 profit for new releases. The very rare Holmes and Sherlock, Number Cruncher, 12 Reasons to Die, etc. are a shot in the dark and requires more research than it is worth.

The market has shifted to high grade coopers and affordable low grade silvers. Concentrate on a few titles. But you need the money to be able to hold things for 6-8 weeks at least. You really won't see a profit for 3-6 months if you build up a nice inventory.

With that said I think you got a bad reputation on the CGC boards. It's unfortunate because I was a repeat customer. Everyone knew whatever you posted will get a 10% discount in a few hours if it didn't sell and it would be relisted in a week if it still didn't. You also bumped without bumping which saw a backlash of comments from other members. I bought one huge lot from you for $230ish because you wanted to dump. I took the time over 3 months and pieced that out. I probably made $1,000+ and still have The Sword and a ton of TWD issues.

Learn a little more and give it another go. If you need help, then feel free to PM me.
what the heck are you talking about..lol..I have access to things on ebay, and do a lot of sales on cgc, stop drinking all the koolaid, I know you make tons of money, and get new comics for free..but we don't all wear kneepads so we can do that. some of us have families to take care of also. We can't spend our night naked reading grimm's..But thank you for your input..
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleg40 View Post
what the heck are you talking about..lol..I have access to things on ebay, and do a lot of sales on cgc, stop drinking all the koolaid, I know you make tons of money, and get new comics for free..but we don't all wear kneepads so we can do that. some of us have families to take care of also. We can't spend our night naked reading grimm's..But thank you for your input..
Quote:
I don't have an ebay..Evidently the ip associated with my address has already been used by someone..which won't let me do a membership or I would
You talk about how Danny is your partner. So have him make an eBay selling account. Make up your mind if you have eBay or not. You just said you did, but the quote in the same thread said you don't.

And what am I talking about? You sold me a $230 shipped lot that was two boxes big. I had a few PP #9 that got 9.8s, full Revival 1st print run. I sold you a Revival phantom set and bought it back from you days later for a fraction of the price and resold it again.

Don't try to blow me up on here and then PM me saying something else.
tommyVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #28 (permalink)

Danny evidently had an ebay, he's a renter..We rent a room out for him..I have access to ebay through someone else who lists for me etc. I want my own, but need to work on an ip change...why am I trying to justify myself to you..Take your attitude to those that enjoy it. Act like a jerk to others. Go brag down the block about how much you make and get comics free and I quote, the company paid me to get their comics. Enough bragging etc. I explained I didn't make any money and took the hit. Next time, try to go to a funeral and tell em what the dead did wrong to end up there, I am sure your opinion will matter to someone ..what a jerk. attitudes like yours is the reason many people don't and won't post any more. I hear they might be looking for a new pope soon, you seem blameless and perfect..there ya go
Old 08-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #29 (permalink)

2staples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:15 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwhois View Post
I've had my issues with ebay/paypal as well. Got banned from paypal, because something in my info, supposedly matched something from someone that got banned before, so they banned me also. Won't tell me what, or if I could change anything in my info. Used paypal for years with no issues ever( i think one refund, thats it), but I guess that didn't matter. Even held my money for months after I was banned, before they finally released it. My ebay account is still active though somehow
wow, paypal US must be nazi's compared to paypal & ebay UK. After jumping through a few hoops & sending off some documents I was able to resolve a similar situation here.
talktoofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:52 AM   #31 (permalink)

paypal is not good here. but they are the only ebay way..Ebay actually can check your pictures now and see if you are on the same computer as one that owes money on an account..lol..They are very smart
Old 08-04-2013, 05:14 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
paypal is not good here. but they are the only ebay way..Ebay actually can check your pictures now and see if you are on the same computer as one that owes money on an account..lol..They are very smart
what do you mean by check your pictures?
talktoofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:34 AM   #33 (permalink)

I have been told by others who had ebay account issues, that when they goto post sale pics, if the pics are from the same batch as ones posted..like lets say you take 100 photos and still have 10 to put up..they can tell evidently where the images came from, the original ip etc. I have heard..not sure..
Old 08-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Danny evidently had an ebay, he's a renter..We rent a room out for him..I have access to ebay through someone else who lists for me etc. I want my own, but need to work on an ip change...why am I trying to justify myself to you..Take your attitude to those that enjoy it. Act like a jerk to others. Go brag down the block about how much you make and get comics free and I quote, the company paid me to get their comics. Enough bragging etc. I explained I didn't make any money and took the hit. Next time, try to go to a funeral and tell em what the dead did wrong to end up there, I am sure your opinion will matter to someone ..what a jerk. attitudes like yours is the reason many people don't and won't post any more. I hear they might be looking for a new pope soon, you seem blameless and perfect..there ya go
I got a PM about you on 7/30 at 3:13 PM asking what you are doing because they knew I bought from you before. Everyone saw it before you started the thread.

When Image suggests charging $39.99 for a 1:20 variant you take as many preorders as you can. Just recently the 1:50 variant of Deadpool Kills Deadpool I ordered has a suggested retail of $49.99. And that's 30 more copies of the regular cover. I know several people who did it just like me. It just so happened that shipping to me made each PP #11 regular cost -$0.09. There are Illuminati groups that got it for -$0.13 per copy.

Many people don't post here because many people have tip groups now. And also you can't keep posting tips about the next Image #1. I don't know how you don't see that. I've been PMed by a member here to be in there group. And CGC has them everywhere. Look at the early NWM thread for the best example.

Good luck ordering Rat Queens on DCBS...
tommyVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote