Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #26 (permalink)

I'm currently breaking even on all sales for single issues of the 3D variants. Sitting on 2 sets at the moment...debating wether i should wait or sell now.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #27 (permalink)

I sold any extras I had almost right away , im sitting on two full sets that cost me nothing , and used extra cash to buy a Forever Evil 3D from indy at almost no cost to me at all... it was a win-win , it didn't hurt that I got 9 jokers daughter at cover and sold 6 for $200+ dollars and I also made out like a bandit selling 2D jokers daughter at 9.99 a pop pre-order I sold 24 of them that way , knowing these would be hot for a couple weeks with the pre-order prices on the 3d hit $50-$130 dollars at first
$100box$20cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #28 (permalink)

Made some nice coin
but i am still stuck with some of the non-sellers (trigon ect)

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #29 (permalink)

I did quite well, of course my biggies were Forever Evil, Harley, and the other Bat books. Surprisingly Two Face did well for me. Right now Im selling leftovers at 6 bucks a pop and im actually selling them pretty quickly, I dumped a Trigon that way and all of my Arcanes. So long as I make my money back on those im good. Ive made a handsome profit so far, dont have the final numbers totaled yet though.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyVoltage View Post
Agreed. People saw the hype of this release coming for months. So the sellers who know how to slab for cheap stocked up on them. And with so many 9.9+ coming out a lot of people will just buy raw copies knowing that whenever they have extra money they can just slab them themselves.
it took people by suprise, hence the chaos. anyone who said they saw this coming is full of #@#@#@#@.
youmechoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarroChuck View Post
There was only one 3D book to buy and flip for profit if you could get it cheap, and that's the Forever Evil 3D.

I guess the other way to profit was to be first to the market with slabs, but it sounds like the runs were high quality and 9.8s will be everywhere
depends on who's first to market.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #32 (permalink)

Used my floppy returns to grab some FE 1 3Ds...

No 9.9s or 10s, but I'll take it...
Old 10-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmechoose View Post
depends on who's first to market.
Well I mentioned that in my post in regards to slabs. Were you talking about the Forever Evil variant? Those are still selling for $170 raw.
BizarroChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmechoose View Post
it took people by suprise, hence the chaos. anyone who said they saw this coming is full of #@#@#@#@.
What are you talking about? Everyone knew it was coming. The chaos was caused because DC had to take a guess on how many to print. And then the FOC was moved to a Friday and reopened because a lot of shops didn't realize. They had cuts because so many copies were ordered. Again, everyone knew it was coming.
tommyVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #35 (permalink)

I have made absolutely $0 on the 3D covers thus far. Mainly because I only got one of each cover and they are sitting in my PC

I do have some FE 3Ds heading my way....$$$$
DigsUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyVoltage View Post
What are you talking about? Everyone knew it was coming. The chaos was caused because DC had to take a guess on how many to print. And then the FOC was moved to a Friday and reopened because a lot of shops didn't realize. They had cuts because so many copies were ordered. Again, everyone knew it was coming.
sorry misspoke, some saw it coming i guess. i preordered 10 of each cover. not a week before, but 2 months in advance. i knew the fire would be on it. but nobody knew it would be $100 hot. i think you have been doing this a long time so you probably grabbed all those superman rrp's like i did when they came to market. we both knew 3d covers would be hot.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarroChuck View Post
Well I mentioned that in my post in regards to slabs. Were you talking about the Forever Evil variant? Those are still selling for $170 raw.
i was talking about slabs as well. it depends on who is first to market to set a price.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #38 (permalink)

Sold through several sets that I bought at 30-50% of cover to pay for several FE 3-Ds.
joeklecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #39 (permalink)

I wish you all the best on the slab game with these but I'm out now and made mad money on the raws. I gotta feeling these will be dropping like flies in the near future with all the undercutting.
natevegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #40 (permalink)

Competition to sell these is fierce. I have hard enough time even getting a look at my joker's daughter 3d. I've also grown quite attached to my copies, but I must let go to get some of that money back.
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #41 (permalink)

I said to avoid all these like the plague...until I found Forever Evil 1 3d variants for 19.99. I purchased 10.

After selling 2 of them I am in the black. Any additional sales are going to my "key fund"
BizarroChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #42 (permalink)

i picked up just the batman related books but my store didnt get any Joker’s Daughter 3-ds but I just found one at a flea market. I couldn't beleave it
Old 10-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #43 (permalink)

I've made close to $2000 profit from 3D covers and I had actually avoided them preorder. Grading was the way to go for me and I also was able to score some FE 3D for $20 each.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:21 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
I've made close to $2000 profit from 3D covers and I had actually avoided them preorder. Grading was the way to go for me and I also was able to score some FE 3D for $20 each.
Does that mean more Iron Man 55 & Captain Marvels (one day you will own all the IM 55's!!)
talktoofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #45 (permalink)

While making profit is a good thing... I wonder being that many of these 3D & 2D books were relatively low printed in the coming year or two, we will see some spike in interest? I think most that bought..purchased in volume hoping to profit from it. I wonder if many people who wanted to collect a set wasn't able to due to the lower printed books. It would be interesting to also see how many $3.99 newsstand copies were printed and survived in high grade. I bet not many at all!!! Newsstand versions are the ones to obtain for future PROFITS!!!
fufat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #46 (permalink)

i still haven't had any luck selling these.
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #47 (permalink)

thanks to the comic junkie forums I was able to spend 3 bucks on a jokers daughter and instantly sell it for $46 on ebay, Thanks Comic Junkie Forum and its members
nanners13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #48 (permalink)

Has anyone actually shipped an entire set of these? I am trying to wrap my head around the logistics of it. I am thinking about selling my full 52 + FE 1 3D.
DigsUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #49 (permalink)

I don't know if anybody's seen this but here is the link to what the actual print runs were for these books.

DC 3D Villains Month Print Runs and the Rarest Issues
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
Has anyone actually shipped an entire set of these? I am trying to wrap my head around the logistics of it. I am thinking about selling my full 52 + FE 1 3D.
Shipped in a large flat rate box in bundles of 8 with packing peanuts around. It was a pain to get them to fix but they seemed secure.
mwolfson22 is offline   Reply With Quote