Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default How high will prices spike for upcoming movie annoucements?

Given that speculators seems to be buying in advance of any formal announcement, how high will prices still spike if the actual news is being announced?

For example, FF52 has been moving up for a while. Will a formal announcement push it up by another 20, 50 or 100%?
Old 12-23-2013, 12:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

I would say 75-100% initially and then settle around 50-60% after the rush.
Cisco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco69 View Post
I would say 75-100% initially and then settle around 50-60% after the rush.
Really, even though folks have been factoring in the future prices into how much they are willing to pay?
Old 12-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

Look what the movies have done to Iron Man titles, before movie not worth much, after worth quite a bit. It doesn't always keep books high but if its first appearance or origins the book may not see previous prices for a long time after the movie.
natevegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natevegas View Post
Look what the movies have done to Iron Man titles, before movie not worth much, after worth quite a bit. It doesn't always keep books high but if its first appearance or origins the book may not see previous prices for a long time after the movie.
I think the investing climate has changed since then. You and I for example were not busy buying TOS 39 back then but now we are busy chasing the likes of FF45 in case the Inhumans have a movie.

This means people's FUTURE expectations are being built into CURRENT prices more and more. If there was a Inhumans movie announcement, there will be less people who are caught unaware, which means consequently, less mad rush for the comics.

I am NOT saying there will be zero folks who have missed the boat but the number will be less, relative to a few years back. As such, how strong the price spike will be is my question, given the rampant speculation currently.

Cheers
Old 12-23-2013, 04:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

50 million dollars for a GoTG #1..I don't know..I hate to say this, but I think GoTG is going to suck. Just a feeling I have. I hope I am wrong, not really looking forward to ant-man either. Marvel could do so much more with their universe than ant-man or gotg. Really the only 2 movies comic book wise looking forward too this summer are ASM 2, and X-men days of..I think the X-men will probably be the best of the summer..And btw wheres the decent Silver Surfer movie? Is he too powerful for the universe. Heres how marvel could make the most money ever, an avengers, asm, ff4, gotg,xmen, ghost rider,punisher and SS movie. Do a secret wars type event, even if it sucked, it would break the bank of people still seeing it once to see if it did suck

Last edited by kyleg40; 12-23-2013 at 04:12 AM.
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleg40 View Post
50 million dollars for a GoTG #1..I don't know..I hate to say this, but I think GoTG is going to suck. Just a feeling I have. I hope I am wrong, not really looking forward to ant-man either. Marvel could do so much more with their universe than ant-man or gotg. Really the only 2 movies comic book wise looking forward too this summer are ASM 2, and X-men days of..I think the X-men will probably be the best of the summer..And btw wheres the decent Silver Surfer movie? Is he too powerful for the universe. Heres how marvel could make the most money ever, an avengers, asm, ff4, gotg,xmen, ghost rider,punisher and SS movie. Do a secret wars type event, even if it sucked, it would break the bank of people still seeing it once to see if it did suck
They cant as they dont own the moive rights to the characters involved.
In the Movie universe that would be like making a movie with marvel and dc characters together. Until Marvel owns the characters in the movie universe this can never happen.
Would be cool if they did.
siro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleg40 View Post
While I would love a SS movie, I just dont see a solo title happening. At best, he appears in the F4 reboot.
DigsUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronchua View Post
Really, even though folks have been factoring in the future prices into how much they are willing to pay?
Yes most definitely, I still believe it is very undervalued and will go up as much as I stated once the official word gets out.
Cisco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #10 (permalink)

Yeah Any FF of that ear = tough in high grades lots of G / VG to go around find a nice 9.4-9.6 its gonna cost yah but yeah those will go a lot higher it think #52 #45 etc.
$100box$20cards is offline   Reply With Quote