Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Texans81 Send a message via Yahoo to Texans81
Default Comicbook review thread - week of 2/12/2014

yay new comics to read! gotta love Wednesdays

so this week I picked up and will be reviewing the following:

Batman #28
EGOs #2
Manifest Destiny #4
Letter 44 #4
Superior-Spiderman #27

what did everyone else get??
Texans81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

I picked up

Manifest Destiny #4
EGO's #2 (not sure how I feel about this yet, ill give it a couple more issues)
The Mercenary Sea #1
The Fuse #1

Also picked up the following that came out last week.
Secret #5
Sidekick #5
Lazarus #6
Swamp Thing New 52 #28
sevans1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

I grabbed...

She-Hulk #1 (I thought it was really good)
Walking Dead #121
Manifest Destiny #4
Bunker #1
The Mercenary Sea #1
The Fuse #1
Batman #28 (Variant)
Crossed Badlands #46
Minimum Wage #2
mcnabb2westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Read a few yesterday so here's my reviews on them I took tomorrow off from work as I'm not feeling well so I will probably get some more read tomorrow.

Letter 44 #4

I've always been a big sci-fi fan so anything along these lines will have to be pretty horrible for me to not like it, lol. I'm actually really liking this one though. This issue was great because it expands a little more on some events that happened in the previous one and it establishes a significant secondary plot line that will undoubtedly tie into the main one but for the time being is still in the building stage. So it gives the reader two very interesting stories to follow and try to anticipate how the pieces are all going to fall into place. I love reading these books that have a real story behind them and pulls you in. It is a nice reprieve from some of the WHAM BAM POW BLAM I MURDERED YOU stuff that happens in other books that I'm reading. Not that there's anything wrong with that mind you I find Letter 44 to be a very enjoyable title that is likely flying quietly under many a radar. If you enjoy sci-fi, and good story building I'd definitely recommend it.

Texans81's rating:

Superior Spider-man #27

I don't specifically recall any WHAMs, BAMs, or POWs in this issue but I do seem to remember the ever popular KRAKOOOM! towards the end So this issue has Octo-spidey realizing how completely he has had the wool pulled over his eyes and needless to say he's more than a little peeved about it. I dig the little game of one-upmanship that happened between spidey and osborn too. It was kinda like spidey going "haha, I've got you...wait, what the...?" and then goblin goes "haha, I've got you...wait, what the...?" and then spidey comes back with "haha, I've got you...wait, what the...?" and then the aforementioned KRAKOOOM!! It is going to be fun to see how this battle plays out and also how they work the return of Peter into it. 4 issues left so we'll know before too long!

Texans81's rating:

Manifest Destiny #4

This is largely another story building issue. There is one interesting and kind of eye-brow raising revelation in it, and there's just the slightest hint that there might be a bit of a con in the works by a certain newly arrived individual and then there's the inevitable SHTF moment at the end that sinks its teeth into you and pulls you straight to the rack to buy #5 next month, haha. So all in all a very well rounded issue that has just a bit of everything in it and does a great job of keeping you interested and wanting the next one.

Texans81's rating:
Old 02-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

here's the rest of em for this week

Batman #28

Great issue for sure and has me looking forward to the new Batman Eternal series. I think this Harper Rowe is going to end up becoming a big part of the Batman run for a good time to come. I like her, she's fearless, seems to have a huge chip on her shoulder, and just has some attitude. Going to be fun to follow the development of this character moving forward. We're also introduced to the new crime boss and I think that's going to be fun too as they've put a little different twist on her. She's meaner, darker, not quite as playful as she's been portrayed in the past. Always good when you get a peek at where things are going and like what you see. Looking forward to continuing on this ride!

Texans81's rating:

EGOs #2

I was a little iffy on this one after the first issue but it is starting to grow on me. The art is still pretty meh, but I'm finding that it is bothering me less than I might expect because the story is pretty cool. There's this thing they are trying to kill which kinda sorta reminds me of Galactus. It's big giant space dwelling baddie that eats up whole solar systems, ships, space stations, whatever it can find. At one point in the story it gets hold of one of the characters who's trying to fight it and pretty much rips him apart bit by bit...quite graphic actually, lol. So I'm liking this well enough that I'll continue reading it and see how the first arc plays out

Texans81's rating:

Last edited by Texans81; 02-15-2014 at 04:14 PM.