Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #151 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to clongkong39

Since it is 20 minutes past break start time, we have voted and are giving #31 the Cardinals, since they have 66 possible cards, compared to the jaguars 33, and are clearly the better pick.

breaking in 4 minutes

clongkong39 - Waxbusters! - blogTV
clongkong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:39 PM   #152 (permalink)

Heard there was a Dan Fortmann cut! Whomever got that, if you are interested in moving that, let me know.

HOF Auto needs (277/287): www.freewebs.com/wju2004
wju2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:36 PM   #153 (permalink)

are you scanning the hits tonight?
jortiz1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #154 (permalink)

No scans or list of hits???

http://s817.photobucket.com/albums/zz97/natesQuest4cards/
vikingsordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:37 AM   #155 (permalink)

Looks like another host to block. He knew that everyone can't be there so why didn't he at least type out the hits last night. Now who knows when we will see what came out!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:13 AM   #156 (permalink)

pretty cool I got the cardinals. That Charlie Trippi guy is from my hometown!!! Sorry Guys I was away from my computer last night.
Joe71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Looks like another host to block. He knew that everyone can't be there so why didn't he at least type out the hits last night. Now who knows when we will see what came out!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
Wow....I have hosted several breaks, and had nothing but good positive comments from everyone. I apologize that it is thanksgiving weekend, and I am slightly busy with my wife and 3 kids. All videos are up (and have been since the break) at clongkong39 - Waxbusters! - blogTV as I said they would be on the main thread. If you want to see what came out, go watch the videos, or wait until this evening when I have time to put the scans up. Thanks for being understanding.

As I told everyone last night, I will have scans on the thread sometime today.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #158 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to slugger82685

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongkong39 View Post
Wow....I have hosted several breaks, and had nothing but good positive comments from everyone. I apologize that it is thanksgiving weekend, and I am slightly busy with my wife and 3 kids. All videos are up (and have been since the break) at clongkong39 - Waxbusters! - blogTV as I said they would be on the main thread. If you want to see what came out, go watch the videos, or wait until this evening when I have time to put the scans up. Thanks for being understanding.

As I told everyone last night, I will have scans on the thread sometime today.
I personally think you have done a great job with the break, got things moving very well and teams were drafted fairly quickly, I wasnt able to make it to the break either but i know its thanksgiving today too and family is more important than choosing to sit here and list all the hits and post pics instead of spending the day with family.....I for one think you have done a great job and I give you thanks on this thanksgiving day.
slugger82685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #159 (permalink)

Old 11-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #160 (permalink)

I used the official checklist from paniniamerica.net to determinee what the redemptions cards were for, and the print run for each. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, cards will be in the mail ASAP
Old 11-25-2010, 02:11 PM   #161 (permalink)

Thanks for the scans and I only said that because you busted the night before thanksgiving and I thought you would have done the scans last night knowing the rest of the weekend would be spent with family.
I've seen this happen time and time again with hosts on here. A lot of people do not have the time to watch the videos so we want at least a list of what was pulled if the scans are going to be later.
Thanks again at least I got 2 hits what's the Smith tag out of?
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #162 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the scans and I only said that because you busted the night before thanksgiving and I thought you would have done the scans last night knowing the rest of the weekend would be spent with family.
I've seen this happen time and time again with hosts on here. A lot of people do not have the time to watch the videos so we want at least a list of what was pulled if the scans are going to be later.
smith tag is numbered 10/10. Did you see you got 2 Lafell hits? Jumbo jsy and patch/auto, so 3 hits at least.

Sorry if there was any misunderstanding, as most who have been in breaks of mine before can tell you, I am an honest host and I try my best to make the breaks a good experience for everyone. I know this is the first break of mine you have been in, so you don't really have any reason to trust how I run things yet, hopefully it was a good experience for you
Old 11-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #163 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to slugger82685

sick i got the cut auto!!! holy crap!!! haha
slugger82685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:32 PM   #164 (permalink)

You did a great job. I can see where there might be an issue though. Towards the end of the break, you were talking about doing some drinking the rest of the night after the break was completed. To me, it seems like it would not have been to unreasonable to expect a list of the hits (at a minimum) before indulging yourself the rest of the night. Personally, I have no problems with this break as the videos were recorded and I had the oppurtunity to watch the break live. To avoid future issues, maybe just set aside 10 extra minutes at the end of your break to make a list of hits for the members who have money invested in the break. Or maybe even ask for a volunteer to give live HIT updates in the thread as they are pulled. Other than that....thanks for pulling me some nice cards and I will participate in your future breaks!

Old 11-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #165 (permalink)

got mine today...leaving feedback

Sorry wrong break didnt get them yet
Andy Dalton Auto's

Last edited by cincyboy; 11-26-2010 at 05:53 PM. Reason: wrong break sorry
cincyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyboy View Post
got mine today...leaving feedback

Sorry wrong break didnt get them yet
haha, was gonna say, I didn't get them in the mail today since the forums were down and i couldnt verify all the teams to pack together.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
How sad that you put cards before Thanksgiving and spending time with family!!! Sounds like a priority problem!!!
Old 11-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsordie View Post
You did a great job. I can see where there might be an issue though. Towards the end of the break, you were talking about doing some drinking the rest of the night after the break was completed. To me, it seems like it would not have been to unreasonable to expect a list of the hits (at a minimum) before indulging yourself the rest of the night. Personally, I have no problems with this break as the videos were recorded and I had the oppurtunity to watch the break live. To avoid future issues, maybe just set aside 10 extra minutes at the end of your break to make a list of hits for the members who have money invested in the break. Or maybe even ask for a volunteer to give live HIT updates in the thread as they are pulled. Other than that....thanks for pulling me some nice cards and I will participate in your future breaks!
Don't have somebody list everything here, army got all mad when I did that for the Black/Exquisite break
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripkenfan72 View Post
How sad that you put cards before Thanksgiving and spending time with family!!! Sounds like a priority problem!!!
How sad that you feel you can judge someone you have probably never met and proclaim what their priorities are in life! Army made a good-point and ClongKong took it well...I don't believe their is any animosity in this break and an understanding has been reached, lets just leave it at that!

Old 11-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #170 (permalink)

I wasn't in this break, but some sick stuff came out. Limited football is way better than Limited basketball again this year.

Hosting a break is hard work and a thankless job. I've hosted one (Limited basketball), and I think that's enough for me. Much easier to be a participant!
Old 11-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #171 (permalink)

ITS ALL GOOD! There is no animosity anywhere, I appreciate the constructive feedback, and in the future I will have scans posted by the morning following the break for everyone to see. Let's leave it at that, no reason for anyone to be upset. I have seen armyatc22 and vikingsordie around a lot, and know that you both have a great reputation, and I have personally dealt with ripkenfan72 on multiple occasions both here, on youtube, and beckett, and would testify that she is very trustworthy and an awesome person. No reason we can't all deal together in the future. I will always try to take feedback and use it to make my breaks as enjoyable as possible for everyone involved. That being said, no more on the topic please, it is all settled.

Anyways,

Got all the cards packaged up and will be going to the post office tomorrow. Poor b_nic4life was only person in break not to get a single card in the break : (.

Many of you will notice I sent a box from the break in your package. (For the people who got big hits, just in case you notice anything wrong with a card and need a UPC to send for a replacement) If this is the case, PM me and I will happily email you a copy of the purchase receipt as well. I got all your feedback in, so keep an eye out in the mail, and hope you all had a good thanksgiving!

Last edited by clongkong39; 11-26-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:06 PM   #172 (permalink)

Oh yeah, as you can see in the scans, many of the cards have chalk or something on them. I thought on the first patch it was field chalk, but noticed while sleeving them all that it is on several of the cards. They came that way, I guess the powder stops the cards from sticking together in the pack or something, I dunno. But it wipes off very easily from the surface of the card. Just wanted to make sure you are all aware that I wasn't chalking my hands for grip prior to ripping packs or anything, lol.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #173 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongkong39 View Post
Oh yeah, as you can see in the scans, many of the cards have chalk or something on them. I thought on the first patch it was field chalk, but noticed while sleeving them all that it is on several of the cards. They came that way, I guess the powder stops the cards from sticking together in the pack or something, I dunno. But it wipes off very easily from the surface of the card. Just wanted to make sure you are all aware that I wasn't chalking my hands for grip prior to ripping packs or anything, lol.
Yeah Ive heard several people who have busted limited this year say something about the "chalky" residue on the cards. Not exactly sure what that would be either....maybe you were eating powered donuts during the break!!

Old 11-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsordie View Post
Yeah Ive heard several people who have busted limited this year say something about the "chalky" residue on the cards. Not exactly sure what that would be either....maybe you were eating powered donuts during the break!!
not this time, I don't eat powdered donuts when I drink Corona, bad for your liver...
Old 11-26-2010, 10:55 PM   #175 (permalink)

This was my first group case break. If you guys are doing some more I will be in.
Make sure to let me know when more are set up!!!
Joe71 is offline   Reply With Quote