Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 10:10 PM   #76 (permalink)
Member
 
jacobbigshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrucci19 View Post
Have we randomized the slots yet or are you doing that before the break?
O yea, I will randomize then on Monday, no need to rush....just remind me on Monday to email Blowoutcards about the tracking.
__________________
checkoutmycards.com/Users/jacobbigshow
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #77 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: APO, U.K.
Posts: 3,734
Send a message via MSN to ceczerwonka Send a message via Yahoo to ceczerwonka
Default

Any word on when this might happen?
ceczerwonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:47 PM   #78 (permalink)
Member
 
jacobbigshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceczerwonka View Post
Any word on when this might happen?
UPS has not come today but I will email Chris anyway. Case coming tomorow.
Slot Order randomized.
__________________
checkoutmycards.com/Users/jacobbigshow

Last edited by jacobbigshow; 12-02-2008 at 12:58 PM.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:25 PM   #79 (permalink)
Member
 
Bigblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: E. Bernstadt, Ky
Posts: 1,194
Default

So did UPS make it today and is the break later tonight?
__________________
COMC ---www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/ShortStop_Cards

Collecting Brandon Phillips, Barry Larkin and Jesse Winker
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:28 PM   #80 (permalink)
Member
 
mightbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,606
Default

I'm not in this break but was interested in how it goes...what's going on with it?
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:30 PM   #81 (permalink)
Member
 
Bigblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: E. Bernstadt, Ky
Posts: 1,194
Default

We're going to break sometime this week...Bigshow must have had a bad night or not rcv'd the package...or I missed something in the thread
__________________
COMC ---www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/ShortStop_Cards

Collecting Brandon Phillips, Barry Larkin and Jesse Winker
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:13 AM   #82 (permalink)
Member
 
BAMBAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 8,408
Default

Topps is still putting the stickers on the letters and asks that everyone be patient. Oh and they thank JBS for doing this break. Thats one less case collecting dust at the factory and if JBS talks you guys into doing another, that would almost make double figures in cases sold.
__________________
IF YOU CAN'T TAKE AN HONEST REPLY THEN DON'T ASK.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:26 AM   #83 (permalink)
Member
 
jacobbigshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblue View Post
We're going to break sometime this week...Bigshow must have had a bad night or not rcv'd the package...or I missed something in the thread
Finally got it last night, the slots have already been randomized and the hits will be posted by Friday night and shipped on Monday. Nice one Bambam, what a great idea for Topps to delay this release to Thanksgiving, what a horrible time to release a product, atleast this should be a fast break, only 24 packs, hopefully I can do this in less than 30 minutes of video...going to re-charge my batteries when I get home from work tonight cause I know they are dying and will charge a back up.
__________________
checkoutmycards.com/Users/jacobbigshow

Last edited by jacobbigshow; 12-03-2008 at 09:28 AM.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #84 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,223
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

You should be able to speed thru these. Average box video on youtube is 3-3:30 but with only 3 hits you can get thru these quick
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #85 (permalink)
Member
 
mrhuffman85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nitro, WV
Posts: 1,062
Default

Just a suggestion. I have started using ustream.tv for box breaks. Not only can you do it live, you can also record yourself at the same time, then post a link to the video for those who didn't get a chance to watch live. I use my laptop camera that is built in and is perfect for it. You might consider doing that since it doesn't have to be under 10 mins.
__________________
Always looking for TNA Wrestling Autos/Event-Used/Parrallels/Kiss Cards

Check out my bucket to see my TNA collection so far.

http://s785.photobucket.com/albums/yy139/texaslonghornsxl/Wrestling%20Autographs/
mrhuffman85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #86 (permalink)
Member
 
jacobbigshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhuffman85 View Post
Just a suggestion. I have started using ustream.tv for box breaks. Not only can you do it live, you can also record yourself at the same time, then post a link to the video for those who didn't get a chance to watch live. I use my laptop camera that is built in and is perfect for it. You might consider doing that since it doesn't have to be under 10 mins.
Yea but I don't have a webcam so that is not a possibility.
__________________
checkoutmycards.com/Users/jacobbigshow
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:04 PM   #87 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes
Posts: 424
Default

I have a rookie slot anyone want to trade?
__________________
I collect Vikings and Wild
petrucci19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:12 PM   #88 (permalink)
Member
 
bziddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,652
Default

wow, I usually get base slots -- i'm kinda shocked
__________________
They called me Mr. Glass.
bziddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:16 PM   #89 (permalink)
Member
 
jacobbigshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bziddy View Post
wow, I usually get base slots -- i'm kinda shocked
I think you would be happier with the base or rookie slot. This has to be the worst case ever. Here is the break:

1 bziddy Mendenhall auto /20 (get used of me saying freaken Mendenhall)
2 att10 Regie Wayme /25
3 bziddy Ray Rice Auto /75
4 trouts2 Andre Caldwell auto /19
5 npbaker1 Flacco /6
6 drtcards Ahmad Bradshaw auto /75
7 Bigblue Roethlisberger /9
8 npbaker1 Allen Patrick auto /35
9 Bigblue Sedrick Ellis auto /79
10 cdog11ksc Cutler /9
11 drtcards Mendenhall auto again 9
12 npbaker1 case hit dual rookie auto patch /3 Booty/Brennan
13 bziddy Chauncey Washington auto /35
14 keggobelly Mendenhall again auto /75
15 Bigblue Mendenhall again!!!!!! auto /9
16 petrucci19 Randy Moss auto 7
17 bziddy Reggie Bush /25
18 att10 Lavelle Hawkins auto /35
19 ceczerwonka David Harris auto /25
20 Bigblue Dan Marino /9
21 npbaker1 Jacob Hester auto /20
22 npbaker1 Tony Romo /9
23 drtcards Anthony Aldridge xfractor /15
24 cdog11ksc Chris Johnson auto/79
Horrible case no booklet except the rookie dual patches
__________________
checkoutmycards.com/Users/jacobbigshow
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:27 PM   #90 (permalink)
Moderator
 
iluvfish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 22,257
Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default

Aren't the booklets guaranteed?
__________________
Blowouts Resident Wade Boggs Super Collector
iluvfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #91 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: APO, U.K.
Posts: 3,734
Send a message via MSN to ceczerwonka Send a message via Yahoo to ceczerwonka
Default

Anyone with a Mendenhall interested in a David Harris Auto /25.
ceczerwonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:43 PM   #92 (permalink)
Member
 
jacobbigshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Aren't the booklets guaranteed?
You know what, I think they are, but do they consider the dual rookie a booklet? I just wrote to Topps about that and if we get anything I will randomize that to a winner.
__________________
checkoutmycards.com/Users/jacobbigshow

Last edited by jacobbigshow; 12-04-2008 at 06:45 PM.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #93 (permalink)
Member
 
Bigblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: E. Bernstadt, Ky
Posts: 1,194
Default

No booklet and no 1/1

I thought both were per case??
__________________
COMC ---www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/ShortStop_Cards

Collecting Brandon Phillips, Barry Larkin and Jesse Winker
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #94 (permalink)
Member
 
Bigblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: E. Bernstadt, Ky
Posts: 1,194
Default

TOPPS EXCLUSIVE! AUTOGRAPHED LETTERMAN BOOKLET CARDS - 1 PER 8-BOX HOBBY CASE
Autographed Letterman Booklet Cards (30) - #"d to 50.
- SuperFractor - One of One!
- X-Fractor - #'d to 3.
- Refractor - #'d to 10.


That's per BO's description...probably Topps description too
__________________
COMC ---www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/ShortStop_Cards

Collecting Brandon Phillips, Barry Larkin and Jesse Winker
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:27 PM   #95 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hartville OH
Posts: 1,670
Send a message via AIM to npbaker1
Default

Wow I think I made out in this break with the Flacco Booty Brennan and Romo
npbaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #96 (permalink)
Member
 
swjedi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
Finally got it last night, the slots have already been randomized and the hits will be posted by Friday night and shipped on Monday. Nice one Bambam, what a great idea for Topps to delay this release to Thanksgiving, what a horrible time to release a product, atleast this should be a fast break, only 24 packs, hopefully I can do this in less than 30 minutes of video...going to re-charge my batteries when I get home from work tonight cause I know they are dying and will charge a back up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
I think you would be happier with the base or rookie slot. This has to be the worst case ever. Here is the break:

1 bziddy Mendenhall auto /20 (get used of me saying freaken Mendenhall)
2 att10 Regie Wayme /25
3 bziddy Ray Rice Auto /75
4 trouts2 Andre Caldwell auto /19
5 npbaker1 Flacco /6
6 drtcards Ahmad Bradshaw auto /75
7 Bigblue Roethlisberger /9
8 npbaker1 Allen Patrick auto /35
9 Bigblue Sedrick Ellis auto /79
10 cdog11ksc Cutler /9
11 drtcards Mendenhall auto again 9
12 npbaker1 case hit dual rookie auto patch /3 Booty/Brennan
13 bziddy Chauncey Washington auto /35
14 keggobelly Mendenhall again auto /75
15 Bigblue Mendenhall again!!!!!! auto /9
16 petrucci19 Randy Moss auto 7
17 bziddy Reggie Bush /25
18 att10 Lavelle Hawkins auto /35
19 ceczerwonka David Harris auto /25
20 Bigblue Dan Marino /9
21 npbaker1 Jacob Hester auto /20
22 npbaker1 Tony Romo /9
23 drtcards Anthony Aldridge xfractor /15
24 cdog11ksc Chris Johnson auto/79
Horrible case no booklet except the rookie dual patches
When did you do the break? Yesterday? Today?
__________________
My YouTube Box Break Page - http://www.youtube.com/swjedi2000

Collecting DREW STANTON auto's, patches, and low numbered cards!!! PM me!
swjedi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:33 PM   #97 (permalink)
Member
 
jacobbigshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,932
Default

I did the break at 5 PM tonight.
__________________
checkoutmycards.com/Users/jacobbigshow
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #98 (permalink)
Member
 
jacobbigshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblue View Post
TOPPS EXCLUSIVE! AUTOGRAPHED LETTERMAN BOOKLET CARDS - 1 PER 8-BOX HOBBY CASE
Autographed Letterman Booklet Cards (30) - #"d to 50.
- SuperFractor - One of One!
- X-Fractor - #'d to 3.
- Refractor - #'d to 10.


That's per BO's description...probably Topps description too
Are you kidding me, we did not get a book, or a superfractor. We did get a xfractor and a bunch of refractors, but none numbered to 10. Topps better make this up....that was one heck of a horrible case, doubt the re-sell value will fetch $500.
__________________
checkoutmycards.com/Users/jacobbigshow
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:52 PM   #99 (permalink)
Member
 
Bigblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: E. Bernstadt, Ky
Posts: 1,194
Default

Yeah...we got hosed on this case, I'll be holding onto another Mendenhall card for a while...didn't mind the Roethlisberger and Marino though!

I'm still yet to see a book with all letters signed or a true gold 1/1 book

This one is a false advertisement IMO

2008 BRETT FAVRE TOPPS LETTERMAN GOLD AUTO BOOK /15 - eBay (item 230311910916 end time Dec-09-08 19:00:00 PST)

Thanks for doing the break Bigshow
__________________
COMC ---www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/ShortStop_Cards

Collecting Brandon Phillips, Barry Larkin and Jesse Winker
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #100 (permalink)
Member
 
jacobbigshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,932
Default

Is the Mendenhall cards good? Cause getting 4 in a case is sick, too bad it wasn't of somebody good.
__________________
checkoutmycards.com/Users/jacobbigshow
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.