Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #201 (permalink)

dont know if this is true or not, but it seems that Cam Newton, and Mark Ingram will not have any autos in prestige as of now...

What Effect Will Cam Newton’s Absence Have On Panini Products? – Sports Cards Uncensored
Old 05-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #202 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Wow, that's a huge deal for their products, prices are going to plummet on this stuff if they aren't in it.

Can they put them in as a redemption though, in hopes they get a deal worked out eventually?

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #203 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
Can they put them in as a redemption though, in hopes they get a deal worked out eventually?
They would probably have to do a redemption for card #XXX and put TBA on the checklist. Either way, that sucks on a lot of levels, including for the people with Carolina and New Orleans in this break because a TBA card would have to be subject to a random distribution.
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:22 PM   #204 (permalink)

please dont indulge the forum troll known as Gellman. Take whatever he says about Panini with a grain of salt. He is a die-hard Panini hater-always has been and always will be-while he rides the coattails of UD saying they could no wrong ever.

I will admit it would make sense for the timing of the delay, but that can be expected with the #1 pick i guess. If story holds true though it just goes to show you how greedysome of these "rookies" can be. Apparantly they offered him less than top 5 money, he wanted more anywyays, and then when he went # he doubled his price.

Not sure what the deal is with Ingram..yes hes the best/most popular RB in the draft, but its not like he was going top 5 or even top 10 for that matter. The highest he was ever slatedto go was #15 to the Dolphins. It also doesnt make sense that he apparantly appeared for all of Panini's after-draft deals such as interviews and interviews for the Panini website.

Anywyas, Panini will get this done 1 way or another one would hope (if not thats a lot of wasted production). But if they dont, it would not be a blow to Prestige imo. Yes Newton is the #1 pick and a QB, and Ingram was the first RB taken....and it cant really compare to Defensive players...but how did Prestige do last year without Suh or Berry Autos.

Lasi checked all the draft picks are right about the same..Newton holds a slight edge as far as sales, but Gabbert, Locker-even Dalton and Kaepernick werent far behind as far as Leaf autos. AJ Green were also in the range. Yes it would suck for those who chose those teams for this break, so i hope it gets worked out.

Sorry for long rant
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #205 (permalink)

matter of fact, it looks like BO has already upped the price...up from $929/case to $950/case. So about $5 per box if buying single boxes...
Old 05-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #206 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
please dont indulge the forum troll known as Gellman. Take whatever he says about Panini with a grain of salt. He is a die-hard Panini hater-always has been and always will be-while he rides the coattails of UD saying they could no wrong ever.

I will admit it would make sense for the timing of the delay, but that can be expected with the #1 pick i guess. If story holds true though it just goes to show you how greedysome of these "rookies" can be. Apparantly they offered him less than top 5 money, he wanted more anywyays, and then when he went # he doubled his price.

Not sure what the deal is with Ingram..yes hes the best/most popular RB in the draft, but its not like he was going top 5 or even top 10 for that matter. The highest he was ever slatedto go was #15 to the Dolphins. It also doesnt make sense that he apparantly appeared for all of Panini's after-draft deals such as interviews and interviews for the Panini website.

Anywyas, Panini will get this done 1 way or another one would hope (if not thats a lot of wasted production). But if they dont, it would not be a blow to Prestige imo. Yes Newton is the #1 pick and a QB, and Ingram was the first RB taken....and it cant really compare to Defensive players...but how did Prestige do last year without Suh or Berry Autos.

Lasi checked all the draft picks are right about the same..Newton holds a slight edge as far as sales, but Gabbert, Locker-even Dalton and Kaepernick werent far behind as far as Leaf autos. AJ Green were also in the range. Yes it would suck for those who chose those teams for this break, so i hope it gets worked out.

Sorry for long rant
Any news about Patrick Peterson signing a deal with them?
About to start a Patrick Peterson Collection
tthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #207 (permalink)

ok guys...keepin fingers crossed, about 2 weeks away and hopin for bo nore delays..

just wanted to see when you wanted the break?

i think im in the 2 day zone- but i dont know if they will ship it day of release or day before...

so i can get it anywhere from Wednesday, Thursday, Friday of the release week.

I can do a late evening Wednesday/Thursday break, around 6-7pm central
Or due to my work schedule (8pm-4am) a mid day Friday/Saturday break, around 3pm central..
Or anytime on Sunday as im off and im sure most others are
Old 05-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #208 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

The sooner the better in my book.
oldgoldy97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #209 (permalink)

I'll be on the road and unable to watch the break live if it happens between 5/27 and 6/5. If, for some reason, the break were to take place after 6/5, I'd be all for a mid day Friday or Saturday break.
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:12 PM   #210 (permalink)

the sooner the better
Old 05-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #211 (permalink)

Wed/Thur good for me
badsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #212 (permalink)

Sooner the better Wed or Thurs better.
The700Level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:02 PM   #213 (permalink)

I'd say the earlier the better

also, if anyone is selling their team cheaper than the original slot price, send me a pm
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:53 PM   #214 (permalink)

thursday or friday is fine with me
trubear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #215 (permalink)

The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2011 Prestige Football (47 Must-See Images) The Official Panini America Blog

ugh...i hope they each busted a case (2 total) and this was only some of the pulls...i think they posted 30 total hits so thats not even 8 boxes...

but i guess AJ Green, Jake Locker, Leonard Hankerson, 2nd year Ryan Matthews, and long time vet Tony Gonzalez Autos arent bad...

if this was only 1 or 2 cases, its lookes like they at least overloaded it with pretty sick like patches (6 of the 30 posted hits were at least 2 colors).

Still hope our case is better!
Old 05-16-2011, 10:13 PM   #216 (permalink)

are we randoming free agent autos??
Canucksfan1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #217 (permalink)

sooner the better
Old 05-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #218 (permalink)

Earlier in the day Wed Thurs or Fri is better for me. Also like someone else asked what about the guys that were not drafted?
Old 05-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #219 (permalink)

i dont think there should be too many people undrafted that had hits, but yes if they are pulled, they will be randomed.

Depends on what you guys consider fair, can either be the whole group, or people who dont get any hits.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #220 (permalink)

Whole group. I offered up spreading the wealth in a different group break in the past and was shot down by just about everyone.
oldgoldy97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:29 PM   #221 (permalink)

I think it should go to hitless teams first to the point in which every team has at least 1 hit. Then if there are any more left, it can go to everyone.
Canucksfan1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:46 AM   #222 (permalink)

i agree with canucksfan
Old 05-18-2011, 06:24 AM   #223 (permalink)

i would say whole group, ya win some, ya lose some
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:13 PM   #224 (permalink)

Are we waiting to find out when you get the case to set the break? Also where do you live that usually determines how much time it takes for you to get the case from Blowout.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #225 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicbob View Post
Are we waiting to find out when you get the case to set the break? Also where do you live that usually determines how much time it takes for you to get the case from Blowout.
Yes waiting to get tracking # from BO. I assumed it would be shipped today, as Contenders Hockey was shiped on a Monday.

Thats why i floated out a few days and times to see. Im in TN, which is the 2 day ship zone. So earliest i would receive it would be Wednesday, Latest Friday.

Im headed into work now, as soon as i get confirmation on anythingi will get it posted.