Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #276 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalscards4 View Post
I'm out based on the live 2 minute clock draft. i tjought it would be like all the other player drafts where we draft in the thread with 2 hour pick clocks.. im on vacation and everything i do on vacation is via my phone & i cannot go to blogtv or ustream on my phone...also making a 400 pick long list on my phone is out of the question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papiis01 View Post
Yea I am going to have to drop out as well with this 2 min clock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruvydsb View Post
I don't get people dropping out now? I'm pretty sure the OP has had all the info listed from day 1. Just sayin'
Seriously, it is clearly stated in rule number 1. There's even been an example list provided and it's not very hard to just switch it around to your liking. Then you won't even have to worry about not being able to make the draft.
georgewashinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #277 (permalink)

I think we should just go ahead with the rules as they've been stated since day one. It isn't difficult to send a list.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #278 (permalink)

Okay I will just stay in but I will not be able to check in here daily as I have a busy week ahead.
papiis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #279 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
I think we should just go ahead with the rules as they've been stated since day one. It isn't difficult to send a list.
Agreed, it doesnt take that long to make a list. To all of those complaining about the 2 minute time limit you dont even need to show up to the draft if you have a list.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #280 (permalink)

Oh & Houdini I can take 1 more spot if anyone decides to drop out.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #281 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Yeah, good question (below)!

Here is the thing... (and I am hesitant to mention it because someone will misunderstand and send me a list that is too short)

I only need a list as long as your latest pick... so, if you have spots #32, #132, and #250... I need a list that is 250 picks long... if your last pick is #400, I need a list that is 400 picks long. See? If you are confused, just send me a full list.

I do not need the list until a few hours before the draft. DO NOT SEND ME A LIST 5 MINUTES BEFORE THE DRAFT! As a matter of fact, the list deadline is 3 hours prior to the draft! Why? Because they are 423 spots long and I have to print them all out. (Trust me - printed lists are more manageable.) It takes awhile to print these lists... and if I get 10 of them just as the draft starts I won't have time to organize them. So, if your list is late, it won't be used.

Remember, no matter where your spots fall, your list should not change. Your #100 pick will be your #100 pick no matter where your picks are...

I know a bunch of you are not going to send me a list... or you are going to send me 30 names and say "just pick from that." This is a mistake.

Just sayin...

quick question
you say in this post your #100 pick will be your #100 pick no matter where your picks are........my question is say i have pick 100 and i send you a list with 100 picks........the guy i have on my list at #5 is still there at #100......that will be the player that is taken correct?, not the guy #100 on my list

thanks
Prospect_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #282 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospect_Man View Post
quick question
you say in this post your #100 pick will be your #100 pick no matter where your picks are........my question is say i have pick 100 and i send you a list with 100 picks........the guy i have on my list at #5 is still there at #100......that will be the player that is taken correct?, not the guy #100 on my list

thanks
The way I took it, he would select your #100 pick no matter if others above had not been taken....which is why I dont like the list and prefer to be present.

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #283 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleys1 View Post
The way I took it, he would select your #100 pick no matter if others above had not been taken....which is why I dont like the list and prefer to be present.
Same here , but I dont know as of now if I can make it or not ot the "live" draft
Old 07-04-2011, 12:57 PM   #284 (permalink)

Quote:
No that doesn't make any sense. If your #1 pick is still available at #100, you'll get your pick #1. You will get the HIGHEST RANKED pick from your list.

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:57 PM   #285 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
No that doesn't make any sense. If your #1 pick is still available at #100, you'll get your pick #1. You will get the HIGHEST RANKED pick from your list.
i know it doesnt but re-read his post...

Old 07-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #286 (permalink)

Quote:
i know it doesnt but re-read his post...
I re-read it and it still makes perfect sense to me. You will always get your highest ranked pick from your list. if you have pick #35, you only have to send a list of your top 35 picks, and you get the highest one ranked from your list that is left when your pick rolls around. It's quite simple

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #287 (permalink)

Dont rank them just make a list

the highest guy on your list that hasnt been picked will be picked for you

ok lets move on

lol
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #288 (permalink)
Banned

IMO, We should do it like this.

Picks 1-30 Get 10 minutes time limit
Picks 31-75 get 7 minutes time limit
Picks 76 - 150 get 5 minutes time limit
Picks 151 - 250 get 3 or 4 minutes
Picks 251 and on get 2 minutes

That simple, nothing hard about it and we should be able to finish within a day and a half with this simple process (alot faster if we have lists for everyone).
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #289 (permalink)

Quote:
Remember, no matter where your spots fall, your list should not change. Your #100 pick will be your #100 pick no matter where your picks are...
This is the part that is unclear..."your #100 pick will be your #100 pick no matter where your picks are"

He is not going to have time to go through 25 lists and cross off each player drafted within the 2 minute time limit and keep up with everyone's selections.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #290 (permalink)

Quote:
This is the part that is unclear..."your #100 pick will be your #100 pick no matter where your picks are"

He is not going to have time to go through 25 lists and cross off each player drafted within the 2 minute time limit and keep up with everyone's selections.
That's the way I read it as well but I hope that isn't the plan.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #291 (permalink)

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
That's the way I read it as well but I hope that isn't the plan.
Have you guys NEVER een in a draft break??? this is NOT how it is...whoever is the highest on your list will be picked...DONT RANK THE PLAYERS just make a list
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #292 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Have you guys NEVER een in a draft break??? this is NOT how it is...whoever is the highest on your list will be picked...DONT RANK THE PLAYERS just make a list
Been in plenty of draft breaks before....that has nothing to do with it...we will wait for host to clarify

Old 07-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #293 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Why do you feel the need to insult people who are just trying to make sure they understand the rules of this break? At least 3 people read the host's post (apologies to Dr. Seuss) to say something that would be atypical of how most draft breaks work. In light of that, is it really that insulting to you that clarification is being requested from the host?
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #294 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalscards4 View Post
I'm out based on the live 2 minute clock draft. i tjought it would be like all the other player drafts where we draft in the thread with 2 hour pick clocks.. im on vacation and everything i do on vacation is via my phone & i cannot go to blogtv or ustream on my phone...also making a 400 pick long list on my phone is out of the question.
I will remove your name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papiis01 View Post
Yea I am going to have to drop out as well with this 2 min clock.
Please let me know which way it is, thanks.

Quote:
I am going to stay in but why the rush to complete the draft all at once. When will the cases be in? Once the random is done, we can start the draft as with normal player time constraints. Then maybe the day before the cases arrive, do the draft in 2 min clock like u suggested?
The reason that it is 2 minutes is because I do not want to drain time waiting for someone who is not there.

How about this - you have 2 minutes to check in (it's a chatroom, just type "here" and your bo user name if it isn't the same as your ustream user name). Then, as quickly as possible, make your pick. If you have your list, it should take LESS than 2 minutes. After 5 minutes, I will pick from your list or auto-pick. No problem. Is that a fair compromise?

Here is the scenario I am trying to avoid: It comes to Bob's turn. Bob now decides to look at the draft board to see who is available. Now Bob is not sure if he wants a money pick or a pc pick and decides to look all the picks up on eBay... I am trying to force "Bob" to do all this now and create a list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy8parlay View Post
I've always thought 2 hours is too long, but 2 minutes is way too short. I did a player draft with Bow Sterlling with a 30 minutes limit and it went smooth as butter, we were done the draft in 2 days. Had plenty of lists from participants, just push for lists and it will go fast.
Sure, if we were doing Bowman Sterling you could have 30 minutes. This list is 423 picks long. I am not sure yet exactly how many different drafters we have yet, but I believe the technical term is "shitload." What do you think of the above compromise? Remember, if you are present all you have to do is look at who has been taken and then choose from your list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyyyyyy View Post
Oh & Houdini I can take 1 more spot if anyone decides to drop out.
Just had a guy ask for 10 back up spots... but if 11 spots free up, it is yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospect_Man View Post
quick question
This quote was regarding a list changing based on pick position. My point was this: You create a list of your picks 1-423. Then you get your draft order or you b/s/t spots... why would your list change? #100 would still be #100.

Of course I am not going to take your 100th player/spot if you 5th is still available.

Quote:
This is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
This is correct.
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #295 (permalink)

I am keeping my slot
Old 07-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #296 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

About the question regarding it taking me longer than 2 minutes to pick from your list... yes, once we get in the middle sections, it may take me longer. Managing so many lists is going to be a real challenge...

However, it's not like I will be off looking players up on eBay... I will be systematically working my way down the list for each person.

Actually, in the middle picks, everyone may need more time... this is a work in progress. I have no intention of being a tyrant on the draft clock. haha. C'mon guys, it's me here. Most of you have been in my breaks before.

Also, you can still make your picks on the board before the live draft, in between, and after... I am hoping we get many picks done this way.

However, IF you want this draft done in less than a week, we need to draft live.

In my defense, you agreed to both the live draft AND the list before joining this break. I am not tricking anyone or throwing surprises at you. Why in the world would we have a live draft with a 2 hour clock (or even a 30 minute clock... or a 10 minute clock...)? All these people are live and waiting for each pick, you should not have time to go out for dinner and still come back and make your pick while everyone else is waiting for you. To drop out while making it seem that I tricked you or changed anything is poor form.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #297 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshreves View Post
Toss me down for 10 reserve spots.
Thanks, I have you down for 2 spots now and 8 more on reserve.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #298 (permalink)

Quote:
About the question regarding it taking me longer than 2 minutes to pick from your list... yes, once we get in the middle sections, it may take me longer. Managing so many lists is going to be a real challenge...

However, it's not like I will be off looking players up on eBay... I will be systematically working my way down the list for each person.

Actually, in the middle picks, everyone may need more time... this is a work in progress. I have no intention of being a tyrant on the draft clock. haha. C'mon guys, it's me here. Most of you have been in my breaks before.

Also, you can still make your picks on the board before the live draft, in between, and after... I am hoping we get many picks done this way.

However, IF you want this draft done in less than a week, we need to draft live.

In my defense, you agreed to both the live draft AND the list before joining this break. I am not tricking anyone or throwing surprises at you. Why in the world would we have a live draft with a 2 hour clock (or even a 30 minute clock... or a 10 minute clock...)? All these people are live and waiting for each pick, you should not have time to go out for dinner and still come back and make your pick while everyone else is waiting for you. To drop out while making it seem that I tricked you or changed anything is poor form.
I never asked for any deviation from ur initial plan...i asked about startimg early on the board and then do live draft night before cases arrive...should be able to knock out 25-30 per day. Also was asking for clarification on list was going to be used....not asking alot insread of assuming...few had the same question before we got jumped on

Old 07-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #299 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
I never asked for any deviation from ur initial plan...i asked about startimg early on the board and then do live draft night before cases arrive...should be able to knock out 25-30 per day. Also was asking for clarification on list was going to be used....not asking alot insread of assuming...few had the same question before we got jumped on
Don't take what I said as a jab at you.

Let's go through your plan step by step just to see how it would work:

Assuming we go active tomorrow morning and payments are made within 24 hours - we will then order the cases and get randomed Wednesday:

I would propose that we start the draft on Thursday and finish on Friday (with some drafting done during down time on the board). We could then break on Saturday (with any final drafting done live just before). It is possible that we may need a full draft day on Saturday and then break on Sunday...

With your plan we could get 30 picks Wed, Thur, and Fri... lets round up to about 120 picks...

So, just before the break on Saturday we would need to knock out over 300 picks. At 2 minutes each that is 10 hours drafting... however, it will probably take 5 minutes or more each... that is drafting live for 24 hours straight.

Do you guys see why I have a live draft? At 25 to 30 picks a day, it will take 13 to 17 days to finish the draft on the boards.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #300 (permalink)

Just random the entire thing...slots & picks....
Save yourself the trouble Houdini. LoL
Riversoule is offline   Reply With Quote