Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 06:56 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
This is open to debate but here is my take on Rambel's question:

Since we did this as 3 slots per box, an extra auto (no matter what) would go to an auto slot holder that had a missing hit (in another box) or into a randomized drawing at the end w/ everyone involved. A regular rookie or parallel (non-auto'd) 1/1, gold, platinum, whatever would go to that box's parallel slot holder.

Drew, please post which slot you have traded/sold to Hatcher. I don't want there to be any questions later on ok?

Everyone... I e-mailed BO today and in reply I received the tracking number for our case. For clarification I e-mailed them back and asked if that meant it was ready to be shipped? or was actually out the door and on it's way. I am a 2 day ship so we're still looking at a late FRI break (8 or 9-ish EST?), or possible SAT late afternoon break (3 or 4-ish EST?).
Box 8 Auto 1.

As far as the parallel question goes. I know if I had the parallel slot I wouldn't be interested in the break unless I know I had a chance at an auto. However here's the problem. If Auto 2 is a gold #ed to 25 and if it does go to the parallel holder than what does the person that has 2nd Auto slot get? I think a pretty good solution would be, if we get an extra hit in a box and it's a parallel than it goes to the person that has the parallel slot. Anything else could be randomized. But problem #1 will be if we open say box 1 and we get only our 2 hits and then pull a 3rd that's a gold patch #ed to 25, and give it to the parallel holder, what happens if the next box is short a hit? The extra should go to that person, IMO.

It's a tough call really. I do know if I held a parallel slot I would like to somehow at least think I had a shot at something, even if it was a small chance. Is there a way this could work though?
Old 02-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #77 (permalink)

I agree. If there is 3 auto's in the box. The person who holds the parallels in that box should get the third auto. If we open a box and it only has one auto the guy who didn't get an auto should get his money back on that slot.
hatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:13 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcher View Post
I agree. If there is 3 auto's in the box. The person who holds the parallels in that box should get the third auto. If we open a box and it only has one auto the guy who didn't get an auto should get his money back on that slot.
But then if you do that the guy over the group break, in this case rudyjustinfarrell, would be out the money. We can't do that.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:34 PM   #79 (permalink)

I have yet to see any parallels in this product, (#'d base cards, etc) - So i don't think thats something we'll have to worry about. As far as an extra auto... there are 2 options

keep it for the person with the parallel BUT if one box is shorted an auto (which none have been out of like 90 boxes i've seen) then it should be given to the slot who missed the auto. I have yet to see any boxes produce more than 2 autos, however..
red48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for asking this question. IF the case is shorted OVERALL (NO extra autos at the end to make up for a missing "hit") then I will refund the person 75% of his/her slot price AND send that person all the stuff asked for by UD to get a "hit" thru the mail. So, if you buy 2 slots and miss 1 "hit", then I will send you a partial refund for your missing "hit", your other "hit" and a bunch of stuff to send off to UD. I can even e-mail you a sample letter I have used in the past for a missing item. Make sense?

Oh.. got you down for 2 slots!
Reread what I posted earlier guys. If an auto slot holder does NOT get an auto and there are no extra autos at the end, then I will give that person a partial refund for that missing auto.

So.... 3rd auto goes to a missing auto holder or to the randomizer. Anything not an auto (other than base cards) is considered a "parallel". If you guys come up with a better option then vote on it and I will do what you guys want.
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #81 (permalink)

Oh... and to address Red48's statement. The sell sheet shows 2 insert sets AND numbered non-auto rookies numbered to /199. Those might actually sell pretty well.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #82 (permalink)
Tai

Quote:
Oh... and to address Red48's statement. The sell sheet shows 2 insert sets AND numbered non-auto rookies numbered to /199. Those might actually sell pretty well.
Has anyone seen any non-auto rookies from SP yet? I've read through a few breaks and I haven't seen any so I'm wondering if that it may be retail only or bait and switch? The checklist even shows die-cut inserts but I have not seen one around so I'm guessing it is only the 2 insert sets Destination Stardom and Profiles.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #83 (permalink)

I think it will be very evident if any member gets the total bone job. If that happens to anyone I will be on the horn w/ UD to make things right. I will still have the receipt from BO, the case UPC, box UPCs and everything else. I'll take a photo after everything is said and done and you can all see how big a mess a case of cards makes.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #84 (permalink)

I have opened 6 boxes today and all had just two autographs and nothing else I mean nothing. So if you just have a parallel slot you might want to offer to buy a person holding an auto slot or you just donated to the cause.
hatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcher View Post
I have opened 6 boxes today and all had just two autographs and nothing else I mean nothing. So if you just have a parallel slot you might want to offer to buy a person holding an auto slot or you just donated to the cause.

Well that doesn't look promising for me.
rambel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #86 (permalink)

As of today the cards are in Raleigh, NC. Maybe tomorrow...
Old 02-06-2009, 04:47 AM   #87 (permalink)

Departed Raleigh, NC 10pm yesterday. Getting closer......
Old 02-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #88 (permalink)

UPS shows the case to be local so there is a very good chance of a late night break TONIGHT. Sucks for me but oh well. 9pm EST?? Anyone???
Old 02-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #89 (permalink)

9pm eastern is cool with me!
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:29 PM   #90 (permalink)

Cool with me, I'll Miss it but I hope there are some huge hits and everybody goes home happy.
CODYJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #91 (permalink)

I'm going to guess once we have success with the case we'll be able to fill another one up! Should be a fun break.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #92 (permalink)

we doing this break tonight?
joe
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #93 (permalink)

YES..... sorry for being away. Long story but I just chased the UPS guy around for the past 2 hours. Give me 15 min. to do a few things and start heading to the ACTUAL GRP BRK thread.