Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 10:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 08/09 UD SPA Basketball Grp Brk Feb 2009

It's that time of the year where football (NFL and College) is wrapping up and Basketball is starting to heat up. No one has mentioned this product yet so I thought I'd throw it out there and gauge interest. UD SPA is one of my favorite products no matter what sport and this year's NBA rookie class is really looking good. Looking at some recent sales on Ebay of this year's Big Dogs (Derrick Rose, O.J. Mayo, Michael Beasley, Mario Chalmers, Eric Gordon) for nice products like UD SPX, Topps Chrome, Bowman DP&S and Rookie Threads, wonder what some of the Rookie Auto Patches might bring? A 1/1 Logoman of Rose??? imagine...

I'll e-mail BO to see if there is any wiggle room on prices for a Group Break but for for now this is what we are looking at:

2 Autos or "Hits" per Box= 2 slots
Inserts per Box= 1 slot
12 boxes per case= 36 Total slots

Prices include S&H (any Monster pulls and we'll talk about INS)
1 slot: $36
2 slots: $71
3 slots: $105
4 slots: $138
additional slots add $33 each...

This product is scheduled to go LIVE February 5th which is a Thursday. I will schedule the Grp Break for the day after, or FRIDAY the 6th just because that particular week will be hectic for me as far as work is concerned. I will NOT purchase any slots so every "Hit" will go to you guys. This is not my first Group Break. I've hosted a few other Group Breaks so check out my iTrader feedback or look up my BO ID to research what I have pulled for some lucky BO members. I believe any board member that has traded w/ me or participated in my breaks have been happy. NOTE: I do NOT have a video camera or webcam so I CANNOT video tape or upload anything to YOUTUBE. I will upload photos and update the Grp Brk thread as the hits are pulled.

Below is the product description from BO and UD. I have not seen imagery of what the cards look like yet but I will update this thread once I find a link or photos. So... some rules: Once the participant list is full and all slots are paid for, the list will be randomized using RANDOM.ORG. On the day of the break, hits will be posted IN THE ORDER they are pulled. IF a box is shorted an autograph it will be noted and we'll move along. Any extra autos from other boxes will be put aside and missing auto slot holders will get these EXTRA HITS in the order they were pulled. IF all boxes have the correct number of hits AND we have some extra hits, then the EXTRA HITS will be randomized (using RANDOM.ORG) at the end and everyone will have a fair chance at them based on the number of slots they purchased. Base cards will be given away at the end.

This is a few weeks away but I think it will be an exciting product. If the list fills quickly I will keep adding names and do a possible 2nd case break. The faster this fills the faster I can lock in a good case price. As interest grows I will post my Paypal account. Thanks and good luck, Rob.

From BO's website:

NOTE: This product is a Pre-Sell item. Approximate Release Date: Thu, Feb 05 2009.

Release dates are subject to change; please check our release calendar for most current release information. When you place an order for this product, you will be locked in at the advertised price. No price adjustments will be made for any future fluctuations in price.

Product Description
Configuration: 12 boxes per case. 24 packs per box. 5 cards per pack.

CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS
- Two autographs per box, on average!
- One Autographed Patch Rookie Card or One Autographed Letterman Card per box, on average!
- One multi-signed autographed card per case, on average!

PRODUCT BREAKDOWN
Autographed Cards
- Rookie Autographed Logoman Parallel (#d to 1)
- Recruiting Class (# to 75 or less)
- Varsity Letters (# to 65 or less)
- Chirography
- SP Vital Signs
- Sign of the Times Dual (# to 50)
- Sign of the Times Trio (# to 10)
- Sign of the Times Quad (# to 5)

Insert Cards
- Authentic Profiles
- Destination Stardom

Base Set
- Base Set - 100 Cards
- Rookie Autographed Patch Card (#d to 499 or less)
- Rookie Autograph (#d to 199 or less)
- Rookie (#d to 199 or less)

SLOTS:
1 Mcguirem13 PD
2 Mcguirem13
3 Mcguirem13
4 Mcguirem13
5 lexus2903 PD
6 lexus2903
7 rambel PD
8 rambel
9 Red48 PD
10 Red48
11 Red48
12 Red48
13 Red48
14 deuxmachinax PD
15 deuxmachinax
16 deuxmachinax
17 drtcards PD
18 drtcards
19 drtcards
20 drtcards
21 drtcards
22 JLR0747 PD
23 JLR0747
24 Drew PD
25 Drew
26 JLR0747 PD
27 JLR0747
28 Hatcher PD
29 CODYJM PD
30 CODYJM
31 CODYJM
32 CODYJM
33 JustinJ31 PD
34 Tai PD
35 Tai
36 Tai

Standby (Case 2???)
1. Pskell02
2. eelindy

Picked up the latest Beckett Multi-Sport and they had this advertisement right inside the cover. The card on the far right is a Jordan Autograph card:

THE BREAK IS FULL & EVERYONE IS PAID>>>>

Last edited by rudyjustinfarrell; 02-03-2009 at 07:03 PM.
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Bump for FRIDAY NIGHT !!!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

i might join if i am garunteed a hit slot
luisvera69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisvera69 View Post
i might join if i am garunteed a hit slot
Is this guy serious?????
Old 01-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by findizzle04 View Post
Is this guy serious?????
no one wants the insert slot
luisvera69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
I know you may be new here, but maybe you should read how a group break works before you think about joining one. Of course everyone would like to have the best slots, but thats not how it works, if you want a guaranteed hit then you should buy your own box. A group break is a fun and affordable way for someone who cannot afford to buy a case a chance at getting the case hit, but your slots are chosen at random to make it fair for everyone.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

I will take 4 slots
Old 01-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

I will take 2 slots
lexus2903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks FIN... The only thing that I can guarantee is that you will have a fair shot at everything that is available in the case. That might be a base card of Bill Russell or it might be an NBA LogoMan Auto of some crazy hot rookie.

Think about it though. As long as UD makes good on it's claim, at least 1 person that joins the break might pull a double or triple auto of some cool players. If your local shop is only able to get a half case? They might not even GET a box w/ a multiple auto, which would make your chance of hitting that particular card in your hometown shop ZERO PERCENT! I'm not trying to sell you on taking a slot as you know how you want to spend your money. I'm sure there will be plenty of other interested people Luis so it's your call.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguirem13 View Post
I will take 4 slots
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus2903 View Post
I will take 2 slots
On a more positive note, got you 2 guys on the list. Thanks!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

What happens if we are shorted autos from the case? Do the ppl who are shorted get their money back?

Also, put me down for 2 slots
rambel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambel View Post
What happens if we are shorted autos from the case? Do the ppl who are shorted get their money back?

Also, put me down for 2 slots
Thanks for asking this question. IF the case is shorted OVERALL (NO extra autos at the end to make up for a missing "hit") then I will refund the person 75% of his/her slot price AND send that person all the stuff asked for by UD to get a "hit" thru the mail. So, if you buy 2 slots and miss 1 "hit", then I will send you a partial refund for your missing "hit", your other "hit" and a bunch of stuff to send off to UD. I can even e-mail you a sample letter I have used in the past for a missing item. Make sense?

Oh.. got you down for 2 slots!
Old 01-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

I'll take 5 slots. Do you accept M/O or just paypal?
Thanks
red48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by red48 View Post
I'll take 5 slots. Do you accept M/O or just paypal?
Thanks
I can accept either. Bear in mind the processing delay for a check or M/O to post to my bank (BofA). If you wait til last minute it might hold up the show as far as randomizing the slots and/or breaking on the LIVE date. A M/O will also cost a few $, so if you want I'll also accept a personal check which in the long run might be easier for both of us. If the break doesn't go down OR you have a missing "hit", I'll write you a refund check and mail it back to your address.

P.S. this goes for anyone else that doesn't have a Paypal account. Just ask and I'll shoot you my snail mail address. Thanks.

P.P.S. Just thought about it. Any slots that are spoken for but not PAID for by 8pm EST Saturday, January 31st will be opened up to the Group. That way there is enough time to randomize and let any trading happen.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:35 AM   #15 (permalink)

I'll be able to pay by paypal, it was more of a general question if my funds don't arrive in paypal in time. BofA can take awhile to transfer funds to paypal (at least on my account) so i'm just covering bases to make sure there is an alternative.
red48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:54 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by red48 View Post
I'll be able to pay by paypal, it was more of a general question if my funds don't arrive in paypal in time. BofA can take awhile to transfer funds to paypal (at least on my account) so i'm just covering bases to make sure there is an alternative.
No worries. Got you down for 5 slots then.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

what do u mean by slots? do we like pick teams or do we just get a number of packs??
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post

2 Autos or "Hits" per Box= 2 slots
Inserts per Box= 1 slot
12 boxes per case= 36 Total slots

Prices include S&H (any Monster pulls and we'll talk about INS)
1 slot: $36
2 slots: $71
3 slots: $105
4 slots: $138
additional slots add $33 each...
Ok.. let me try to explain this again. This is a SLOT Group Break. That means that the entire case will be divided up into 36 "slots". According to the pre-sell advertising UD will have 2 autographs per box. That is 2 "slots" per box right there, for a total of 24 "slots" per sealed case. Add in all the regular non-autographed rookies and inserts from a box and you have another "slot". Multiply that by 12 boxes per case and that is another 12 "slots". So, 3 "slots" per box with a total of 12 boxes per case, you have a grand total of 36 "slots".

Now, once the list of slots is filled up with names the list will be fed into RANDOM.ORG. I will get a number from a participant and I will hit the randomize button that many times. The group break will get a big jumbled up list that I will clean up, and match up with the boxes to show who is in Box 1, Box 2, etc...

The list will then look something like this:
Box 1 Slot 1: 1 regular rc/parallel card SLOT DOG12
Box 1 Slot 2: 1 autograph SLOT SLOTJUNKIE
Box 1 Slot 3: 1 autograph SLOT BZBLDUDE

Box 2 Slot 1: 1 regular rc/parallel card SLOT BZBLDUDE
Box 2 Slot 2: 1 autograph SLOT LEBRONFAN
Box 2 Slot 3: 1 autograph SLOT MR.MOM
etc.. etc... same all the way til Box 12 Slot 3.

Some group break hosts can assign one of the autograph slots a particular "hit". Ud is saying that you get 1 auto rookie jersey or autographed letterman (PER BOX) + 1 additional "hit". I will not assign the hits to either autograph slot number. This will make it more interesting (in my opinion). The first SLOT the person will know that they are out of the running for the 2 advertised autographs in that box. If an auto letterman gets pulled first? Slot #2 will get that and Slot #3 will get the remaining autograph/hit. Or vice versa depending on what gets pulled first. What happens if a box has more than 2 autographs? An Extra hits list will be made which will be randomized at the end of the break using RANDOM.COM (again) and everyone will have a chance at any of those extras.

You will not get a 1/3 of the box for the purchase price of 1 slot. You do NOT get to pick a team in this break. Everything will be RANDOMIZED! Base cards will be put into equal piles and everyone that participated will get a pile.

So, why do people participate in Group Breaks? Because in a group break there is a chance at a "Case Hit". In some products that might be a gold parallel autograph or 1/1. It might be a Tier "A" autograph, or in the case of some of the Bowman Sterling Baseball Breaks there have been 1-2 WBC patch autograph redemptions per case. For the price of a slot (prices posted above AGAIN) you get a good chance at anything in the case. You might get stuck with a base/parallel slot that someone already mentioned, but you also might get lucky and get one of the "Case Hit" autographs. Believe it or not, some guys have been very very happy with their "dreaded" base/parallel slot.

Hopefully this clears up any questions. If it doesn't? Well... ask another question and I will try and answer it. Thanks.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
Any slots that are spoken for but not PAID for by 8pm EST Saturday, January 31st will be opened up to the Group. That way there is enough time to randomize and let any trading happen.
This is a friendly reminder/bump for this break. Get your name on the board and let's fill this up! Have a great weekend.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #20 (permalink)

3 slots for me. Thanks

Low-End Kobe and Kevin Durant autos.
Topps Signature Autographs that I don't have (CP3, Dennis Rodman, Ray Allen, Eric Gordon, Russel Westbrook)
deuxmachinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuxmachinax View Post
3 slots for me. Thanks
Gotcha. List updated. 20 slots to go!!!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #22 (permalink)

Just got the Beckett Sports Card Monthly (Feb 09) and they had an advertisement for 08/09 UD SPA BSKB. Posted a scan of the ad at the bottom of the original post.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:39 PM   #23 (permalink)

Figured I'd bump this before the weekend gets crazy with football. With UD losing their license to the sandwich company (Panini or Subway or one of those...) this might be a huge product?!?!?
Old 01-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #24 (permalink)

I'll take 5 slots.
drtcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:15 PM   #25 (permalink)

I'll take 2 slots
Thanks
Joe
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote