Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #226 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3d86 View Post
Pick #57 traded to grahamgdogg. He will confirm. Thanks
confirmed...
grahamgdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:35 PM   #227 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamgdogg View Post
How about 30/45 minutes?
Let's do 30 minutes. Also, I think based on BO's rules, I need to give everyone 48 hours after the break takes place to do the draft. I could be wrong. Someone want to clarify for me?

If it is 48 hours, that puts the draft on Friday, which is a bad day for me. Taking a page out of Houdini's breaks, you can start drafting immediately after the break is completed, but there will be no clock moving people along. And we may have to wait till Saturday to start the official draft clock. Sorry about this guys...If we can do the draft Thursday night, that would be awesome.
pakman916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:51 PM   #228 (permalink)

Correction. I see others doing the draft 24 hours later, so let's stick with that.

Wednesday 9/14/11 - Case Break @ 9PM Eastern. Afterwards, I will scan all of the hits (minus the base cards which I will just list.) Sometime that night, I will post my own draft list.

Thursday 9/15/11 - Hit Draft will begin at @ 8PM Eastern. If you have a list, please PM me or email it to me. If I do not receive a list from you and you miss your allotted draft time, you will receive the next highest available pick off of my list. Drafting will end at 1AM and resume Saturday at 8PM.

As stated earlier, you are more than welcome to continue drafting outside the draft hours, but there will be no clock to push the action along. Nor will there be forced picks based off my list. The draft clock only exist Thursday from 8PM-1AM and Saturday from 8PM-1AM...if we don't finish, we also have Sunday. I will try my best to get the cards out by Monday or Tuesday next week.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:59 PM   #229 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakman916 View Post
Correction. I see others doing the draft 24 hours later, so let's stick with that.

Wednesday 9/14/11 - Case Break @ 9PM Eastern. Afterwards, I will scan all of the hits (minus the base cards which I will just list.) Sometime that night, I will post my own draft list.

Thursday 9/15/11 - Hit Draft will begin at @ 8PM Eastern. If you have a list, please PM me or email it to me. If I do not receive a list from you and you miss your allotted draft time, you will receive the next highest available pick off of my list. Drafting will end at 1AM and resume Saturday at 8PM.

As stated earlier, you are more than welcome to continue drafting outside the draft hours, but there will be no clock to push the action along. Nor will there be forced picks based off my list. The draft clock only exist Thursday from 8PM-1AM and Saturday from 8PM-1AM...if we don't finish, we also have Sunday. I will try my best to get the cards out by Monday or Tuesday next week.
OK--but as I won't be near a computer at either of those times I'll be sure to give you a list. Shouldn't matter, I guess.

Although I would suggest starting round two way earlier on Saturday--you could lengthen the time needed, make sure everyone PMs then you wouldn't need to monitor it very closely at all. Really the only reason we'll need Saturday at all is if someone is ignoring their PMs...it can be done without a moderator, I think...
Old 09-13-2011, 12:05 AM   #230 (permalink)

Quote:
OK--but as I won't be near a computer at either of those times I'll be sure to give you a list. Shouldn't matter, I guess.

Although I would suggest starting round two way earlier on Saturday--you could lengthen the time needed, make sure everyone PMs then you wouldn't need to monitor it very closely at all. Really the only reason we'll need Saturday at all is if someone is ignoring their PMs...it can be done without a moderator, I think...
My only worry would be people that can't make the draft. If they send me their list, I won't be able to moderate much Saturday morning/day because I have 2 young kids that keep me tied up. I guess we can see how far we get Thursday night. If we move the draft along, we may not need Saturday.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:12 AM   #231 (permalink)

Quote:
My only worry would be people that can't make the draft. If they send me their list, I won't be able to moderate much Saturday morning/day because I have 2 young kids that keep me tied up. I guess we can see how far we get Thursday night. If we move the draft along, we may not need Saturday.
I got you--but I can't make the draft at either of those times, though with a longer times and pm's I'd be able to pick just fine from my phone or with only occasional trips to the cpu.

That said, it's only 60--I'll be able to do a pretty accurate list...
Old 09-13-2011, 12:15 AM   #232 (permalink)

On a side note, I'm already thinking about the next break. I'd like to do 2011 Topps Chrome. Just like many people, it was a product I overlooked but looks like it's a hit. My thoughts are doing a 2 case break, but I wanted to change things up a little.

24 Autos per case
30 Team Lots per case
54 Hits per case/108 per 2 cases.

But instead of having 108 slots, I was thinking of doing 54 slots and having a snake draft. This obviously brings the slot pricing up (double), but it creates an interesting draft strategy, similar to fantasy sports. Also, this guarantees that everyone gets 2 picks. To add value to the team lots, they will include all parallels cards, excluding 1 of 1s. Any 1 of 1 will be considered a hit. The USA baseball redemptions will also be a hit. Would you guys be interested? And if so, I can get the cases fairly quickly from BO, so this could happen early next week.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:43 PM   #233 (permalink)

Sign me up pak
greenjdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #234 (permalink)

Quote:

Can you please post your list [the default list] in advance so that those of us that can't make it on Thursday don't have to reinvent the wheel be creating a list from scratch.

Thanks,

Daddyoho
daddyoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:13 PM   #235 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyoho View Post
Can you please post your list [the default list] in advance so that those of us that can't make it on Thursday don't have to reinvent the wheel be creating a list from scratch.

Thanks,

Daddyoho
The draft list will be created after the break. I can't create a list if I don't know what we pull. It should be up sometime late Wednesday night.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #236 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3d86 View Post
Pick #57 traded to grahamgdogg. He will confirm. Thanks
Quote:
confirmed...
Updated. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:10 AM   #237 (permalink)

Quote:
The draft list will be created after the break. I can't create a list if I don't know what we pull. It should be up sometime late Wednesday night.
Sorry for the confusion, that's what I meant - after the break, please post your default ranking list so we can let you know if our list varies from yours in terms of order.

Thanks,

Daddyoho
daddyoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:53 AM   #238 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion, that's what I meant - after the break, please post your default ranking list so we can let you know if our list varies from yours in terms of order.
You've got to understand - a lot of work goes into a default list. Sure there are only 60 spots, but it takes time to accurately judge each individual card/lot - especially the base lots and their varying parallels.

It may well take until the next day.

Good news: the draft won't start and finish Thursday night... there is time.

You really should do your own research though and create your own list. The default list is a last resort - I know people HATE mine and I spend hours and hours researching them.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #239 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks,

Daddyoho
No problem. Hopefully, I will get enough of these under my belt where I can work out all of the kinks.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #240 (permalink)

Slot 10 for sale, PM me with offers.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #241 (permalink)

I have 6 of the first 28 picks, if anyone is interestedplease PM me
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #242 (permalink)

my picks are:
8-11-15-17-22-28, PM please
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #243 (permalink)

Posted in the other one, so I'll post in this one as well, what is the best pick I can get for $125?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #244 (permalink)

last pick in the draft is available for pretty much any reasonable offer
ReinholdMessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #245 (permalink)

It's here.....

Sucky thing is, I ordered 2 cases, but was only shipped 1. Not sure what happened to the 2nd case. I contacted Blowoutcards. Hopefully we can get this straightened out. So you guys don't have a choice of cases to break tonight. I'll post the UStream info shortly. Still getting situated after work.

Last thing...it's about to storm here in Maryland so there's a small chance the power might go out. If it does, I'll just stop breaking until it comes back.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #246 (permalink)

Here is the UStream. Remember, starts at 9PM Eastern.

SportsCardMojo Case Breaks on USTREAM: Welcome to SportsCardMojo's Case Breaks. I'm addicted to sports cards, mostly baseball, but I love them all. Come jo...
Old 09-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #247 (permalink)

Will somebody please post box by box results? I will be in and out and won't be able to watch it live. Thanks.

New Project: 1955 Topps PSA 6 set. Let me know if you have any available.
tivy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:27 PM   #248 (permalink)

Wow, it's storming BAD outside. For a while, I thought it was hailing, only to find out that the rain was hitting my window sideways...let's hope it clears up before the break. I'd hate for the power to go out.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:38 PM   #249 (permalink)

Good luck to everyone. Hope we got a loaded case.

New Project: 1955 Topps PSA 6 set. Let me know if you have any available.
tivy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #250 (permalink)

slot 60 sold to greenjdo, he will confirm
ReinholdMessner is offline   Reply With Quote