2011 Bowman Platinum 2 Case Break - HIT/Team Draft
I'm trying to fit a break in before Marquee comes out at the end of August. I figured I'd do a BP break. I live fairly close to Blowoutcards in VA, so if we get this filled up quickly, I can get the cases next day and start breaking quickly. (Assuming BO has the cases in stock).
[SIZE="4"][B][U]2011 Bowman Platinum Baseball Hobby - 2 Case Break[/U][/B]
[B]*HIT/TEAM DRAFT *[/B][/SIZE]
Hosted by pakman916 (aka sportscardfanatic)
[COLOR=blue][B]Projected Release Date: July 27th, 2011[/B][/COLOR]
[B]**3 HITS PER BOX**[/B]
- 2 Prospect Autograph Cards
- 1 Autograph Relic Card
[B]**2 CASE HITS**[/B]
- 1 Multi-Autograph Card per 12-Box Case
- New! 1 Team USA Baseball On-Card Autograph! Available via redemption. 1 per 12-Box Case!
[B]**BASE CARDS **[/B]
- Base Cards - 4 Per Pack
- PARALLEL CARDS - 7 Per Box
72 Slots - 36 Hits per case
30 Slots - Team Slots (Includes all Veteran/Rookie/Prospect Base + Parallels)
102 Slots Total
Case Price = $1200 (Approximate - subject to change based on market price)
2 Cases = 2400
# of Slots = 102 Slots
Cost Per Slot = $23.53
Shipping w/ Delivery Confirmation = $2.00
Supplies = $1.00
Paypal Fees = $1.07 (2.9% + $0.30)
Total Cost Per Slot = $27.60
[COLOR=red][B]$27.50[/B][/COLOR] for the [B][U]first slot[/U][/B] and [COLOR=red][B]$26.00[/B][/COLOR] [B][U]per additional slot[/U][/B].
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"][B]69 Slots Open![/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
1 Slot = $27.50
2 Slots = $53.50
3 Slots = $79.50
4 Slots = $105.50
5 Slots = $131.50
1. greenjdo (4)
3. The700Level (1)
4. brewcrew8 (3)
7. wilsonsingles (8)
9. oldgoldy97 (1)
10. mcgoo2 (1)
11. gr33d (1)
13. poipounda (1)
15. Swivelhip (4)
21. Jon_21 (1)
24. billdog3484 (1)
27. Tman (4)
50. Prospect_Man (2)
65. jlzinck (1)
I've participated in a few breaks so far. What I don't like about certain breaks, you get stuck with something you don't want. Or one person gets everything and you end up with nothing. To combat this, I'd like to do a hybrid style break. Here's how it works.
1) All slots get filled.
2) Once slots are paid for, the mod will randomize the slots 3 times. This will determine the draft order.
3) Time will be allowed to trade draft positions. I will end trading 1 hour before the break begins.
4) Once the break is completed, all hits and parallels will be listed. Time will be provided for more trading to occur and draft list to be created.
5) Based on the draft order and all trades, starting with the 1st pick down to the last pick, members will pick either a HIT or a TEAM. Keep in mind, team slots include all refractors and prospects.
[B][COLOR="Red"]6) After everyone has made their pick, we will be doing a snake draft for the remaining hits/team sets. This makes it so that the last pick in the draft walks away with something better than the LAST PICK. So if we have 5 remaining hits, the bottom 5 members in the draft get an extra hit/team.[/COLOR][/B]
7) I will allow more trades to occur before I ship the cards. Trades will not be accepted 24 hours after the HIT draft is completed.
Creating a List for the draft:
When creating a list for the draft, there are 4 ways to go about it.
1) Create your own draft order. I will list all of the hits, you just need to put them in order and email it to me.
2) Use the draft order I create. I'm not a card value guru, but if you don't have time to create your own list, you can use the one I create.
3) Create a list of your top picks. If they are all taken, we will use the default list.
4) Participate in the live draft. If you do not pick in time, you get the next best from my list.
Other Draft Details:
1) You will need to provide me a list of some sort. Even if you plan on participating in the live draft. You can use my list, or your own.
2) The draft will take place in the evenings. My work is pretty busy, so I would not be able to keep up with any draft activities during the day. Let's set it for 8PM - 1AM Eastern.
3) The draft clock will be 10 minutes per pick.
4) It's impossible pick a time that is good for everyone, so I will use my best judgement when picking a date and time. If you can't make it, you MUST have a list or you will default to the list that I provide.
1) Since we don't know what types of cards will be pulled, in the event we pull a high value card, I will require upgraded shipping (insurance and possibly signature confirmation).
2) If you have multiple slots, and pick multiple team set slots, I may request additional cost for shipping.
3) I would like to receive payment 24 hours after going active. The faster I get paid, the faster I can get the cases and do the break.
4) Once the break is paid in full, slots will be randomized 3 times by the MOD to determine the draft order.
7) If we are shorted a HIT, I will contact Topps to request a replacement. If cards are damaged, I will send it back to Topps for a replacement. I can't guarantee anything Topps will do in terms of a replacement. If we get screwed by Topps, there's nothing I can do.
8) This break will be held live and recorded on one of the web blog sites (UStream, BlogTV, etc). Information will be provided ahead of the break. The draft will be held on the forums.
9) And just to make sure this is clear. A HIT is an autograph or relic. Team Sets will be all base and parallels, including 1 of 1 parallels.
1) Trading cannot start until all slots are paid for and the list is randomized.
2) All trades performed 1 hour before the scheduled break will be ignored.
3) Once the terms of the trade have been agreed upon, the conditions of the trade must be posted on this thread. All parties must confirm the conditions before trade can be accepted.
4) Trades can occur with people not originally signed up in the break. I've seen some people trade cards from the PC for slots or use Paypal.
5) Once the break is done, trading resumes. I will accept all trades right up until 24 hours after the draft is completed. At which point I will start to package and ship cards.
Break is now open. Format and slot pricing are within the guidelines and the host has provided verification for the age requirement. Please do your own due diligence and only join if you are comfortable with dealing with the host.
ill take 1...#24
I'm with you pak, gimme 4 spots... The first and last 2 picks
[QUOTE=billdog3484;1499314]ill take 1...#24[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=greenjdo;1499431]I'm with you pak, gimme 4 spots... The first and last 2 picks[/QUOTE]
Got both of you.
just so i am clear, there are auto hit slots and then there are team slots for the base?
[QUOTE=SethMurphy;1499586]just so i am clear, there are auto hit slots and then there are team slots for the base?[/QUOTE]
Yes, 72 autos + 30 team slots. All will be available during the draft.
I'll take a slot. Thanks
so, 30 slots will receive base exclusively, correct? 1/3 of the draft will be for base cards?
[QUOTE=Tman;1499710]so, 30 slots will receive base exclusively, correct? 1/3 of the draft will be for base cards?[/QUOTE]
Base (Vets, Rookies & prospects) + All Parallels
Basically, anything that is not an auto will be put into a team set. Yes, roughly 1/3 of the draft are team sets. I realize this may sound unorthodox. But look at it like this.
4 Base (Vet/Rookie) + 1 Prospect Base per pack
= 1920 Vets/Rookies + 480 prospects per 2 cases
= 64 Vets/Rookies + 16 Prospects per team. (on average)
7 Vet/Rookie Parallel + 2 Prospect Parellel per box.
= 168 Vet/Rookie Parallel + 48 Prospect Parallel per 2 cases.
= 5.6 Vet/Rookie Parallel + 1.6 Prospect Parallel per team. (on average)
1 Team Slot = 64 Vets/Rookies Base + 5.6 Vet Rookie Parallel + 16 Prospect Base + 1.6 Prospect Parallel.
And last point to make, teams can be picked in the draft. So you aren't stuck with a team before you get to see what gets pulled. Also, if we happen to pull a super or red parallel (non-auto), it goes to the team, not the hits. Hits are ONLY autos.
8 and 79 i get it now
I'll take 3 slots
Okay, so here's an important update:
With BP releasing this Wednesday, I have a feeling pricing will spike. I'd like to put down a deposit, but I believe full payment is due right away. I don't know if I have that kind of money to put down right now. So if we can get 50% full, I'll fork over the money out of pocket. If we can't, slot pricing may jump. It's roughly $2 more per slot @ $100 per case increase. So let's fill this puppy up.
I'm going to email Blowoutcards to ask them if they will allow me to put down a deposit at the current prices and pay once I get payment from everyone, but understand, I'll need everyone to pony up right away.
give me 27,28,49, and 77 please
i will take 8 slots please - 7 12 16 26 29 48 63 72
[QUOTE=SethMurphy;1499927]8 and 79 i get it now[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=brewcrew8;1499938]I'll take 3 slots
[QUOTE=Tman;1500055]give me 27,28,49, and 77 please[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=wilsonsingles;1500107]i will take 8 slots please - 7 12 16 26 29 48 63 72
OP updated. Thanks.
One other update...
My work keeps me pretty busy, so I won't be updating the OP as much during the day. Also, I'm going to the Harrisburg Senators vs Bowie Baysox games in a futile attempt to get Bryce Harper's auto over the next 3 days. (Also trying to get Zach Britton's auto tomorrow) On top of that, I have 3 cases of Platinum coming in for myself...so this week is going to be crazy. But I'll do my best to stay on top of this thread. If you have questions, PM me and I will try to respond from my phone.
I will take 1 slot - #21. thanks for hosting!
I'll try one.
ill take slot 50 and 69........thanks for hosting
[QUOTE=oldgoldy97;1500416]I'll try one.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Prospect_Man;1500601]ill take slot 50 and 69........thanks for hosting[/QUOTE]
OP Update. Thanks!
I'll give one a shot.
Count me in for one slot...
Big thanks for hosting!
[QUOTE=mcgoo2;1500849]I'll give one a shot.
[QUOTE=gr33d;1501103]Count me in for one slot...
Big thanks for hosting![/QUOTE]
Got both of you.
Here's an update: I went ahead and locked in on 2 cases this morning. I was able to shave off the current price. We locked in at $1180 per case. Doesn't really change much in terms of slot pricing. Maybe saves everyone 50 cents. (Go shawty...it's your birthday...). I'll put up a final slot price once we go active.
Also, we are almost 1/3 full. Probably closer to 1/4 full. Hopefully we can gain some traction on this and fill up when the product releases on Wednesday.
If we have trouble filling this break, do you want to do a 1 case break instead? That would reduce the slot number to 66 and drops the price to approximately $21 per slot. (36 Hits / 30 Teams).
im good with 1 case too
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.