Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2010 Bowman Draft Picks - 2 Case Group Break (Draft)

They say third time's a charm. To everyone that has signed up for my previous breaks, sorry to keep cancelling them. My goal is to squeeze in a few breaks before I do a really big one. The previously posted breaks were not filling up as fast as I wanted them to, so I've decided to think smaller and only do 2 cases with 60 slots. I think we can fill this one up fairly quickly.

2010 Bowman Draft Picks Hobby 2 Case Group Break
*HIT/TEAM DRAFT Style*

Hosted by pakman916 (aka SportsCardMojo aka SportsCardFanatic)

HIGHLIGHTS:
2010 Bowman Draft Picks
- 1 Autograph per Box
- 1 USA Autograph per Case
- 1 Aflac Autograph per Case (on average)

Draft Breakdown:
2010 BDP [x2]
26 Slots - Autos [Prospect + USA]
30 Slots - Team Lots (All Rookie Base & Chrome/Prospect Base & Chrome/Parallels/Printing Plates)
2 Slots - USA Baseball 1 Case Lot (All USA Base/Chrome/Parallels/Printing Plates)

-----------------------------
58 Slots Total

**Because I'm almost certain we will get extra hits, I'm going to add 2 more slots to make it an even 60 slots. If we do not pull extra hits, I will donate from my personal collection to the draft:

1. Gary Brown Chrome Auto Redemption #BDPP70
2. Christian Colon Chrome Auto Redemption #BDPP81

Cost Breakdown:
2010 BDP Case Price = $899.99
Total Cost = $1799.98
# of Slots = 60 Slots
Cost Per Slot = $30.00
Shipping w/ Delivery Confirmation = $3.50 (*See note below)
Supplies = $1.00
Paypal Fees = $1.30 (2.9% + $0.30)
Total Cost Per Slot = $35.80

(To determine the cost of shipping, I averaged the cost to send a team lot box ($5) with the cost to send an autograph ($2). It works out to $3.50. I will make a final adjustment to the shipping cost once the break fills up and we go active. Slot pricing will increase/decrease by no more than $1 at most. If you are not happy with the increase, you will have an opportunity to back out of the break.)

$35.80 for the first slot and $34 per additional slot.

24 Slots Open!

1. Anderdale (1)
2. dlab85 (1)
3. Vintage Collector (4)
4. cardinalscards4 (1)
5. billyg11582 (1)
6. ReinholdMessner (3)
7. Tman (3)
8. SethMurphy (3)
9. Straw44 (2)
10. dimer10 (3)
11. greenjdo (4)
12. dimer10
13. Vintage Collector
14. Straw44
15. jrs83 (1)
16. The700Level (1)
17. SethMurphy
20. Swivelhip (2)
21. Tman
22. brewcrew8 (1)
23. Vintage Collector
24. kasl35 (1)
26. DetectiveChrome (2)
27. Boo (2)
28. Swivelhip
30. Tman
31. Vintage Collector
32. ReinholdMessner
37. Boo
38. greenjdo
39. dimer10
42. SethMurphy
45. DetectiveChrome
47. greenjdo
49. greenjdo
54. ReinholdMessner

1 Slot = $35.80
2 Slots = $69.80
3 Slots = $103.80
4 Slots = $137.80
5 Slots = $171.80

Rules/Disclaimers:
1) In the event we pull a high value card, I will require upgraded shipping (priority mail, insurance and possibly signature confirmation).

2) If you have multiple slots, and pick multiple team set slots, I may request additional cost for shipping. Depends on if you win all team lots.

3) I would like to receive payment 48 hours (2 Days) after going active. The faster I get paid, the faster I can get the cases and do the break.

4) Once the break is paid in full, slots will be randomized 3 times by the MOD to determine the draft order.

7) If we are shorted a HIT, I will contact Topps to request a replacement. If cards are damaged, I will send it back to Topps for a replacement. I can't guarantee anything Topps will do in terms of a replacement. If we get screwed by Topps, there's nothing I can do.

8) This break will be held live and recorded on one of the web blog sites (UStream, BlogTV, etc). Information will be provided ahead of the break. The draft will be held on the forums.

9) And just to make sure this is clear. A HIT is an autograph or relic. Team Sets will be all non-auto base, chrome and parallels, including any rare parallels and plates. USA lots are all USA cards from 1 case.

Draft Details:
1) Slot trading begins once slots are all paid for. Trades must be announced on this thread and confirmed by all involved members.

2) All Hits will be posted after the break. I will only be listing Color Refractors, Autos, Relics and Plates. If you are interested in something specific (ie How many Machado chrome were pulled), post the question on the thread and I will try to answer as quickly as possible. I'll try to get the scans up the same night.

3) Trading will cease 1 hour before the Draft begins. I will allow trading after the draft, but only for 1 day.

4) You MUST provide me a list for the draft. Even if you plan to attend. If you do not provide me a list, you will be going off my default list.

5) Draft clock will be set to 15 minutes per pick. The draft will start at 8PM Eastern on whichever date we pick and last until 1AM.

6) If we have remaining hits after the draft is completed, we will snake draft back around starting with pick #60 and work our way back down until all remaining hits are accounted for. We will NOT random extra hits.

7) As mentioned earlier, if we do not pull 2 extra HITS, I will throw in HITS from my own PC which are listed above to fill in empty draft slots.

8) Lastly, I'm not very fast with sorting. So you guys will have to be patient with me. It's my first group break and it's a big one at that. I can't promise everything will go smoothly, but I will promise that you get the cards you paid for and that they will arrive well packaged. Speed is not my forte.

If you have any questions, please ask. Thanks all! And good luck!

Last edited by pakman916; 08-10-2011 at 06:06 PM.
pakman916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Break is now open. Format and slot pricing are within the guidelines and the host has provided verification for the age requirement. Please do your own due diligence and only join if you are comfortable with dealing with the host.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

give me slots 7/21/30
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Put me down for slots 3, 13, 23 and 31.
Never Forget 9/11, Be Diligent and Safe!
Vintage Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

8, 17, 42 for me

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #6 (permalink)

I will take 1 slot
Old 08-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #7 (permalink)

Bad new guys. I think prices have increased since I originally wrote up this break. At that time, BDP was $915, but it appears prices have spiked a little to $988.99. So that changes slot pricing to $2.75 more per slot. I wonder if pricing has spiked due to the National OR because so many people have been doing BDP breaks. Regardless, I'm hoping we can get better pricing once we fill. So unfortunately, we're looking at $38.75 for the first slot and $37 for the second. If this changes things, please let me know.

Last edited by pakman916; 08-06-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

Not sure if I'm going to participate or not, but I'd like to see some discussion on two points you mentioned in your OP:

Damaged hits: Why not ship the damaged card to the person who owns that slot? You will have enough box tops and wrappers to include w/ that person's package. That way it's not "we" that gets screwed by Topps, rather the card holder. It shouldn't be your job to hound Topps to replace a certain card, it should be up to the actual card owner.

Default list: When will you be posting this list? Before you start opening the case? It would be nice to know, plus it would make it a heck of a lot easier if certain people are not able to submit their lists and whatnot.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

38, 47,49 11
greenjdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

1 slot please
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
Damaged hits: Why not ship the damaged card to the person who owns that slot? You will have enough box tops and wrappers to include w/ that person's package. That way it's not "we" that gets screwed by Topps, rather the card holder. It shouldn't be your job to hound Topps to replace a certain card, it should be up to the actual card owner.
You are right, I could do it either way. Usually Topps ask for the receipt as well so I figured it was easier for me to send them in at once. But I can do it that way too. In the event we have a damaged card, I will leave it at the discretion of the member drafting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
Default list: When will you be posting this list? Before you start opening the case? It would be nice to know, plus it would make it a heck of a lot easier if certain people are not able to submit their lists and whatnot.
The list will be posted after the break. The reason being, we need to know what gets pulled. There are 2 things that happen after the cases have been opened. 1) I will post scans of all the autos and parallels (by box). 2) I will provide a list of my draft order. Everyone is encouraged to use their own list, but my list will be the default list for anyone that does not create a list or for people that provide me a short list and all of their picks have been taken. Keep in mind, we are still doing a live draft with a 15 minute clock. So everyone can post their picks live on the forums, but I just don't want the draft to drag out for days.

hopefully this answers your questions.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

I will take 3 spots....10,12,39. Thanks.
dimer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #13 (permalink)

I'll take #27
Bruvydsb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #14 (permalink)

What about the AFLAC autos?
Old 08-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical View Post
What about the AFLAC autos?
Sorry for my unorthodox breakdown...I know it's a little confusing, so I'll explain it. Most of my breaks will follow a similar format because I feel this setup gives the best value to all participants:

A "Hit" is considered and Auto or a Relic. All Hits will be available individually as a draftable card. This includes the AFLAC auto.

A "Team Lot" is all cards for one team, excluding Hits. This includes any non-auto parallels we pull, including a 1/1 parallel and Printing Plates. This also includes all prospects and rookies for a particular team.

The main reason I did it this way, I don't like having extra pulls left over to random at the end of the draft. Based on the stated odd, the # of slots should be exact. The only way it won't be is if we pull and extra Auto or Relic. If I included rare parallels as "Hits" then it adds more "randoms" to the draft.

The second reason I did it this way, it adds value to the team lots. After the break has completed, a team lot has the potential to be of higher value than an Auto/Relic Hit if we pull rare parallels. So let's say we pull a non-auto orange Manny Machado. It has the potential to be towards the top of the draft, along with the other team cards. There's also the potential to pull multiple rare parallels for one team.

Once the break is completed, I will post all of the Hits and the rare Parallels. If you guys want to know the number of "Player X" chrome pulled, please ask and I will post it on this thread.

Once everything is listed, I will create my own ranking, request that everyone submit their own draft list, and we will start drafting the 2nd day after the break. We will start the draft at 8PM Eastern Time and end the draft at 1AM. If we don't finish, we will continue the draft the next day at the same time. You can still draft outside of those times, but there will not be a clock to move the draft along. 15 Minutes Per pick.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'll take slot 22. Thanks!
brewcrew8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

I'll take slot #16 please.
The700Level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #18 (permalink)

Anything BDPP I'm in! #26 and #45 please. Thanks

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #19 (permalink)

ahh heck gimme one
Old 08-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #20 (permalink)

so a $5 auto is considered a $35 hit

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
so a $5 auto is considered a $35 hit
That's the risk in any group break
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #22 (permalink)

3 randomly #d slots please
ReinholdMessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruvydsb View Post
I'll take #27
I'm gonna drop out. I thought this was a player draft, not a straight hit draft, thanks.
Bruvydsb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #24 (permalink)

I think I'm more psyched for the team lots than the hits, personally... should make for an interesting draft
ReinholdMessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #25 (permalink)

OP has been updated with everyone's request so far.

Just a side note, I may be able to get the original quote on these cases. I'll let you know once everyone from Blowout is back from the National. If I can secure a better price, it should drop the slot pricing down $2-$3 per slot. It's not much, but $36/$34 looks better than $39/$37. I'll keep you posted.