|08-21-2011, 04:10 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2009
2011 Absolute Memorabilia Football (Part Hit Break and Part Random Team Break)
Hey guys, I've been thinking about doing a break like this for a while, so I figured this would be the perfect product to try it with.
The way that it will work is that the break is basically split into 2 breaks.
There's a total of 32 slots for the break and each slot is for 1 slot in the random hit portion of the break (Boxes 1 through 8) and 1 team in the random team portion of the break (boxes 9 through 18)
First 8 boxes - Random Hit Break. List of participants will be randomed, person who's name is randomed 1st gets the 1st hit pulled, 2nd name gets 2nd hit pulled and so on and so forth until all 32 slots get a hit.
Last 10 boxes - Random Team Break. List of participants are randomized, followed by list of teams. The person who's randomized number 1, gets the team that's randomized number 1, 2nd person gets 2nd team and so on. The non hits from the first 8 boxes will also go to the team slots.
Soooo, nobody will go hitless in this break! Which is pretty awesome.
Now, here's the product breakdown:
RELEASE DATE: September 28th, 2011
Please Note: This product is part of the Panini MAPP Program. Blowout Cards is a Panini Authorized Internet Retailer (AIR). Within the program, Panini has implemented two separate Release Dates. The Hobby Release Date is Sept 21, 2011. The AIR Release Date is Sept 28, 2011. Please note that all Panini Authorized Internet Retail orders for this product through Blowout Cards will ship on Sept 28, 2011.
Configuration: 18 boxes per case. 4 packs per box. 4 cards per pack.
- NFL Shield & NFL Shield Signatures featuring: Cam Newton, Tony Romo, A.J. Green, Peyton Manning, Julio Jones, Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Christian Ponder and Mark Ingram
- Jumbo Prime Swatch and Jumbo Prime Swatch Signature Cards featuring: Adrian Peterson, Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers, A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Dan Marino, Jake Locker, Peyton Manning, Blaine Gabbert, Brett Favre, Christian Ponder, Troy Aikman, Mark Engram, Emmitt Smith, John Elway, Bart Starr and Jerry Rice
- Rookie Premiere Materials NFL Signature Rookie Cards sequentially numbered 299 or less featuring 2011 Rookies: Cam Newton, A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder and Mark Ingram
- 100 Commons
- 100 Rookies, Seq #'d to 499 or less
- 36 On-Card Autographed RPS Rookies, Seq #'d to 299 or less
- 2 Autographs cards Seq. #ed to 299 or less
- 2 Memorabilia cards Seq. #ed to 100 or less
- 2 Insert / Parallels
- 2 Rookies
Find four or more of the following:
- NFL Shields Seq. #ed to 5 or less
- NFL Shield signature Seq. #ed to 5 or less
- Brand Logo Seq. #ed to 5 or less
- Brand Logo signatures (Seq. #ed to 5 or less)
- Signatures of: Cam Newton, Peyton Manning, A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Jonathan Baldwin, Mark Ingram, Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Williams, Mikel LeShoure, Daniel Thomas or on-card Rookie Premiere Card
Find six or more of the following:
- Jumbo Prime or Multi-Swatch Prime Material Cards
- Absolute Patches
- War Room
- Star Gazing
- Tools of the Trade and/or Rookie Premiere
ABSOLUTE MEMORABILIA Q & A with Panini America Product Development Director Ben Ecklar
What would you cite as the biggest upgrade to 2011 Absolute Memorabilia from years past?
One of the biggest hot buttons for all collectors is on-card autographs and how we can deliver more of them. We absolutely understand and appreciate the importance of that aspect of our products to consumers. That's why the 36 NFL PLAYERS Rookie Premiere guys will have on-card autographs in Absolute for the first time. That's a huge step forward for the Absolute brand and should make what traditionally are among the strongest Rookie Cards on the market even stronger in 2011. Needless to say, we're pretty excited about that development.
Anything else that has you giddy for this thing to come out?
Well, it's no secret that last year's Absolute Jumbo Patch insert was one of the most stunningly good-looking game-worn memorabilia insert sets of all time. Well, it returns in all its glory in 2011, but with added levels of collectability and cool with the Jumbo NFL Shield version. Absolute Memorabilia is one of the most popular football sets on the market every year. This year's version will only serve to strengthen that reputation.
Here's the pricing breakdown:
case is $2790
2790/32 = 87.18
Supplies (Toploaders, team bags, bubble mailers, penny sleeves) = $1.50 per slot
Shipping = $2.50 per slot
Paypal fees = $2.75 per slot
So, we'll go with
$94 - 1st slot
$93 - each additional slot
*32 Slots Available*
- Cards will go to the team that is listed on the card.
- Cards featuring multiple players will be randomed off between the teams on the card
- All randoms will be done by a mod using random.org
- Break will be broadcast live on Ustream and also recorded for viewing on Ustream.
- All cards including base will be sent out to those who want them.
|08-22-2011, 04:37 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Break is now open. Format and slot pricing are within the guidelines and the host has provided verification for the age requirement. Please do your own due diligence and only join if you are comfortable with dealing with the host.
Blowouts Resident Wade Boggs Super Collector
|08-23-2011, 03:22 PM||#6 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2009
As a team break, the cost would be the same because there are only 32 slots. I know the biggest complaint with team breaks is that no one is guaranteed a hit. I figured this would be a good way to guarantee everyone a hit, plus, have a team break. You may be right though.
|08-28-2011, 07:31 PM||#12 (permalink)|
Approved Group Break Host
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: land of 10,000 letdowns
I'd be in if you just went hit break. I like the idea of getting a hit with the team spot, but that still might be the only hit you get. It be easier to swallow getting one mediocre hit at 40 than one mediocre hit and a couple base cards for 90.