Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #176 (permalink)

sorry for the delay, had some offers to review. nothing worked out.

with pick #24 i will take the Cincinnati Reds

will pm next in line.
thanks,
Andrew
wilsonsingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #177 (permalink)

Default Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaks View Post
I knew it I was gonna do the same thing if they kept dropping....you beat me to it....hears hoping a Colvin Gold auto for you
I have a lot of cards in breaks of random teams. I need more Phillies and even Orioles if someone is selling cheap for the family collection. I have to admit my two little girls might not have any interest in the cards in the future. (4 and 2), but they sure have seen from birth some great Phillies seasons.

John
The700Level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The700Level View Post
I have a lot of cards in breaks of random teams. I need more Phillies and even Orioles if someone is selling cheap for the family collection. I have to admit my two little girls might not have any interest in the cards in the future. (4 and 2), but they sure have seen from birth some great Phillies seasons.

John
So true....my little guy is almost 11 months and I've been putting together a Phillies binder for him for the last year. I'm also trying to get Phillies letter and letter autos to put his name together. My wife is a Braves fan and thinks she has a chance to get him on her side....in reality she has NO CHANCE AT ALL
SORRY I DO NOT SHIP TO CANADA UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR DC
dbaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #179 (permalink)

Are we going to be able to do the break at 7 tonight?
offthecharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthecharts View Post
Are we going to be able to do the break at 7 tonight?
As long as we finish this draft, the break is scheduled for 9PM Eastern.

I'll post the UStream 5-10minutes before 9PM.

I have #25 and #26's auto pick, so hopefully 27-31 are ready to go. ONLY 5 MORE PICKS BEFORE WE ARE READY.
pakman916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #181 (permalink)

Crap. I'm at 27 and I see that one or two of the team I want are gonna be autopicked? No way to get around that I guess ... but I'm ready to go.
padsfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The700Level View Post

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaks View Post
So true....my little guy is almost 11 months and I've been putting together a Phillies binder for him for the last year. I'm also trying to get Phillies letter and letter autos to put his name together. My wife is a Braves fan and thinks she has a chance to get him on her side....in reality she has NO CHANCE AT ALL
I've got 3 and 5. I already got the 5 year old hooked. I've been taking him to Frederick Keys games to see Machado and company. It's awesome how the stadium is setup, because the locker room is on the main concourse. The players have to walk down the bleachers to get to the field...so they pass all the fans. Easy to get up close and get autos from the players.

I owe 700Level some stuff, but dbaks, I'll see if I can hook you up with some base if you like. I have boxes and boxes of cards from 2010-2011. And I'm a sucker for kids...and teachers.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #183 (permalink)

if i'm not to late i will go with diamondbacks, if giants are not there
colby2611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #184 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colby2611 View Post
if i'm not to late i will go with diamondbacks, if giants are not there
sshscr PM'ed me to autopick, but I was going to give him a few minutes just in case. If he doesn't respond, I will autopick the Giants for him and then give you the Dbacks. Let's wait 5 more minutes.

The remaining picks will be:

27. 10. padsfan (1)
28. 12. spookowl1004 (1)
29. 4. trubear
30. 32. wscws2008 (1)
31. 14. bruvydsb (1)
32. 15. dbaks (1)

The remaining teams will be:

25. Chicago White Sox
27. Florida Marlins
28. Baltimore Orioles
29. Houston Astros
30. Colorado Rockies
32. Oakland Athletics
Old 11-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #185 (permalink)

Times up.

With the 25th pick, sshscr autopicks SF Giants.
With the 26th pick, colby2611 picks Arizona Diamondbacks.

PM coming to padsfan and the remaining draft picks.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:42 PM   #186 (permalink)

Default Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakman916 View Post
I've got 3 and 5. I already got the 5 year old hooked. I've been taking him to Frederick Keys games to see Machado and company. It's awesome how the stadium is setup, because the locker room is on the main concourse. The players have to walk down the bleachers to get to the field...so they pass all the fans. Easy to get up close and get autos from the players.

I owe 700Level some stuff, but dbaks, I'll see if I can hook you up with some base if you like. I have boxes and boxes of cards from 2010-2011. And I'm a sucker for kids...and teachers.
I have a 7 year old and a 5 year old. The 7 year old is all about baseball cards. I told him I would buy him a pack of cards for every good grade he received. He ended up getting 11 so I went ahead and just ordered a box of 2011 Bowman Chrome from BO (cheaper than buying 11 packs from the LCS). We opened the packs last night and he actually pulled a base Harper auto. His reaction was priceless! This hobby is one of the best ways to spend quality time with your children and last night is something he will probably remember for the rest of his life. Just had to share as it was pretty cool.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #187 (permalink)

I'll take the A's at 27. Wish I could have grabbed the Dbacks, such is life.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #188 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksBandit View Post
I have a 7 year old and a 5 year old. The 7 year old is all about baseball cards. I told him I would buy him a pack of cards for every good grade he received. He ended up getting 11 so I went ahead and just ordered a box of 2011 Bowman Chrome from BO (cheaper than buying 11 packs from the LCS). We opened the packs last night and he actually pulled a base Harper auto. His reaction was priceless! This hobby is one of the best ways to spend quality time with your children and last night is something he will probably remember for the rest of his life. Just had to share as it was pretty cool.
You should have seen my kids at the Keys game. As the players were walking down the stairs to the field, I told my boy, "Go get his autograph!". He was so shy at first. But the player (forget who he was) was really cool and was nice to my boy. Once he saw how easy it was, I couldn't stop him. I think he almost got the whole team to sign his ball. Then, during the game, we got a game used ball. We brought that ball the next time and he was able to get Machado to sign it. Pretty cool. On a side note, Machado is not really friendly. My poor 3 year old was a little clueless, but was following big brother around, but his ball had lots of smudges on it. Still cool though.

I'll see if I have Indians stuff for you kids...I'll ship it with your cards.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #189 (permalink)
Inactive Account

now it's time to teach your sons how to turn a profit on ebay!!!
wscws2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #190 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wscws2008 View Post
now it's time to teach your sons how to turn a profit on ebay!!!

Don't worry...that day will come. I'm going to start my own sweat shop. I gave him a bunch of random cards from all of my breaks. A few relic and autos too. He's butchered them a little, but that's okay. I want to expose him early so that one day I can put him to good use. It's all part of my plan. I'll do the case breaks, and they will do the sorting and shipping. Muhahahahahahaha.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #191 (permalink)

I'll take the Orioles at #28

PM sent to Trubear
spookowl1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #192 (permalink)
Inactive Account

isn't that the dream of every parent? To hand out "chores" so you can actually relax a little later in life? I have my first kid coming February 2012. Wife doesn't want to find out but I am really hoping for a boy.
wscws2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #193 (permalink)

i have 4 year old twins, a boy and a girl. my little girl loves cards. she loves busting wax with me . i give her older commons and she loves them.my boy the only thing he cares about is thomas the train. one day he will come around
Old 11-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #194 (permalink)

Quote:
isn't that the dream of every parent? To hand out "chores" so you can actually relax a little later in life? I have my first kid coming February 2012. Wife doesn't want to find out but I am really hoping for a boy.
congrats!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:00 PM   #195 (permalink)

Default Congrats!

Quote:
Congrats! There is nothing better in the world!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #196 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakman916 View Post
You should have seen my kids at the Keys game. As the players were walking down the stairs to the field, I told my boy, "Go get his autograph!". He was so shy at first. But the player (forget who he was) was really cool and was nice to my boy. Once he saw how easy it was, I couldn't stop him. I think he almost got the whole team to sign his ball. Then, during the game, we got a game used ball. We brought that ball the next time and he was able to get Machado to sign it. Pretty cool. On a side note, Machado is not really friendly. My poor 3 year old was a little clueless, but was following big brother around, but his ball had lots of smudges on it. Still cool though.

I'll see if I have Indians stuff for you kids...I'll ship it with your cards.
Thanks pak! That's awesome about the autos. Think it's important for kids to understand that these are just normal guys.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:24 PM   #197 (permalink)

I will taje the Rockies
trubear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #198 (permalink)

Have purchased the Padres from wilsonsingles for PP. He will confirm.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #199 (permalink)

confirmed. Padres to padsfan10 - thanks!
wilsonsingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #200 (permalink)

Default What is card collecting?

My kids are interested in the cards with Averie pointing out we have more cards in the mailbox and both Averie and Caitlin 2 years old can identify Phillies and Eagles cards in a flash. The best is when a two year old tells you where to put a card on the sorting tray"here Dad" because it is an empty spot.

I remember my Dad giving me some allowance or unload like a pickup truck load of wood for like $5. I do remember a vaction where he bought a box from a candy outlet he worked at as a kid and bought me a box of 1987 Topps.

I bought a pack this year at Target and been hooked again. I think I only completed like 3 sets in the 80's, and now I have my kids at school hooked(with rubber bands holding their stacks together) and trading because of teams and photos and not just condition and value.

Dbaks I only need a few Phils for the girls and have them in some breaks.

I had my wedding reception at Camden Yards, but my girls are Phils 1st O's
2nd.

Good luck to all tonight,

John

P.S. White Soxs Boy or Girl your life will change forever!

Last edited by The700Level; 11-04-2011 at 07:04 PM.
The700Level is offline   Reply With Quote