Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #426 (permalink)

moving on.... please post any new thoughts and/or ideas for April so a poll can be created (if we can come to a majority before hand)
-dthimesch's 2014 BDPP 20 JUMBO: CTP-Astros-2 (Appel, McCullers, Velasquez, Hader), CDP99 Grayson Greiner, CDP23 Luke Weaver, High Risk Case 19-20, Paper Parallels Case 16-18 & 20, Ice Parallels Case 4 & 9, Initiation & Breakout Inserts Case 1 & 3-4, Mini & Dual Draftee Inserts Case 18-20
thatkidbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #427 (permalink)

I would suggest putting a wider array of choices for breaks and options for direction in any polls. I realized going into this club that taking the Twins meant a slim chance at hits when it came to several products. I understand BigSeph's frustration about the products being picked, but realize the democratic process of a club. When we do high end, I hope products that cover as many teams as possible will be considered. I was fairly suprised by the choice of Heritage for March. This is a set collectors product and most teams will see a package of base cards arriving after the break. Even mentioning how many teams have a chance at a hit in any given product is a red herring. There are virtually no products that offer an equal chance of hits to every team. But several high end products offer multiple hits for a select group of teams. I'd just like to think that the spirit of a "break club" would be to select products that are as diversified as possible. I think the opinions offered have been well represented in the polls. I think gergs1134 has done an awesome job of taking the opinions offered and putting them into polls. Actually, up till now, very few people in this club have been actively responding or offering opinions to his inqires and there were very few people even watching the last break live. If there are more of you with small market teams that feel frustrated by the choices, I suggest you speak up in this thread. Gergs cannot read minds, nor can the other members.

Having said all of that, I would once agiain like to suggest Museum collection as a high end option for April. I think it has a more diversified checklist for the club. I also do not like the idea of skipping months or breaking half cases. There are several older products that are reasonably priced and represent most teams very well, such as 2008 UD Heroes, 2007/2008 SPX, and Masterpiece. Let's just shake it up and quit thinking we have to break 2011, 2012 products every month. When we need rollover for an upcoming high end product, we can break low end older stuff and have just as much fun IMO.

As far as options recently presented, I would vote for option 1, a high end case in April, but add that 2012 Bowman should be broken in May. Thanks for letting me ramble,

STuMP
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:06 AM   #428 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSeph View Post
Why am I being talked about after I dropped out?

Fill the slot, move on, act like an adult.

Don't call somebody "whiny" because they don't piss away $50/month watching grown men open baseball cards that don't benefit them.

I'm always amused when people who post on BO talk about people being "immature" or "whiners." You collect baseball cards.

I thought it would be interesting to join, we're talking about busting Finest/Topps/Heritage/Tribute in months 1-4. I think the Royals might have one auto in 3 of those 4 products, and very few hits overall. Should I pay $200 when 1/4 of the products is worth a sh!t to me? And btw I voted for 2010 BC the past 2 months, and there isn't even a Royals auto in there.

But there are SOME Royals RCs, and I viewed that as fair.

So stop talking about people once they're out of your little "club" on an internet message board. What's the point? Grow up and move on.
Don't feed the trolls. I keep telling myself don't feed the trolls.

On a side note the poll will go up tomorrow some time, PM will be sent to all. Please throw out any additional ideas you have.
gergs1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:25 AM   #429 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpfreeman View Post
I would suggest putting a wider array of choices for breaks and options for direction in any polls. I realized going into this club that taking the Twins meant a slim chance at hits when it came to several products. I understand BigSeph's frustration about the products being picked, but realize the democratic process of a club. When we do high end, I hope products that cover as many teams as possible will be considered. I was fairly suprised by the choice of Heritage for March. This is a set collectors product and most teams will see a package of base cards arriving after the break. Even mentioning how many teams have a chance at a hit in any given product is a red herring. There are virtually no products that offer an equal chance of hits to every team. But several high end products offer multiple hits for a select group of teams. I'd just like to think that the spirit of a "break club" would be to select products that are as diversified as possible. I think the opinions offered have been well represented in the polls. I think gergs1134 has done an awesome job of taking the opinions offered and putting them into polls. Actually, up till now, very few people in this club have been actively responding or offering opinions to his inqires and there were very few people even watching the last break live. If there are more of you with small market teams that feel frustrated by the choices, I suggest you speak up in this thread. Gergs cannot read minds, nor can the other members.

Having said all of that, I would once agiain like to suggest Museum collection as a high end option for April. I think it has a more diversified checklist for the club. I also do not like the idea of skipping months or breaking half cases. There are several older products that are reasonably priced and represent most teams very well, such as 2008 UD Heroes, 2007/2008 SPX, and Masterpiece. Let's just shake it up and quit thinking we have to break 2011, 2012 products every month. When we need rollover for an upcoming high end product, we can break low end older stuff and have just as much fun IMO.

As far as options recently presented, I would vote for option 1, a high end case in April, but add that 2012 Bowman should be broken in May. Thanks for letting me ramble,

STuMP
I also like the UD Heroes/ SPX/Masterpieces option, we did it last year and was pretty fun with the patches etc. Maybe we can contact Bo and see if they can make this happen as a couple of these are out of stock right now.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #430 (permalink)

I know this is probably a never but I am throwing Prime Cuts out there. I thought they were throwing in autos, both young and old in there. Looking forward to the options and voting. Thanks
Old 02-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #431 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittychitty844 View Post
I know this is probably a never but I am throwing Prime Cuts out there. I thought they were throwing in autos, both young and old in there. Looking forward to the options and voting. Thanks
I'd love to do prime cuts

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #432 (permalink)

How about some 08 EEE?

Old 02-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #433 (permalink)

Hello, I am looking to join the group, but after reading several pages i cannot tell if there are any open teams. Please let me know if there are or put me on the waiting list if there are non open at the moment.
bhuens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:24 AM   #434 (permalink)

Well I finished reading almost all of the posts and it sounds like this group is very exciting. I am new to this forum and to the case breaking concept, but I am definately interested. I might just take a stab at the Marlins since they seem to be open. Just let me know.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:17 AM   #435 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuens View Post
Well I finished reading almost all of the posts and it sounds like this group is very exciting. I am new to this forum and to the case breaking concept, but I am definately interested. I might just take a stab at the Marlins since they seem to be open. Just let me know.
Take a look at the original post in this thread (#1). It lists all of the available teams (Marlins are available). No member has spoken for them yet so they are available to anyone that wants in. We are breaking 2012 Topps Heritage for March and 2012 Bowman for May, these are set in stone. April is still up in the air as is the rest of the year. Let us know in the thread if you indeed are wanting to take a team, will get you included in all PM's sent etc.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:22 AM   #436 (permalink)

Quote:

There is going to be a Prime Cuts in 2012, correct? Any idea on release date. I would be game for it.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:44 AM   #437 (permalink)

Just posted the poll, will PM all when it comes live. I had to tweak #1 after refiguring some numbers. I don't believe we will have enough in the pot in March to get a master case of Tribute as it runs $2400 and our additional rollover for Heritage will only be $100-200. So I replaced option 1 with Master case of Museum Collection only and added #4 2008 Donruss EEE.

Anybody that still wants 2012 Tribute can vote #3 and we will figure it out from there.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:55 AM   #438 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergs1134 View Post
There is going to be a Prime Cuts in 2012, correct? Any idea on release date. I would be game for it.
Totally missed it the first time around. Release date is 03/14. I figured we could do 7-8 boxes with club funds if that is the choice. Master cases are $3750

Anyways added this as option #5.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #439 (permalink)

Put me down for the Brewers and I will be a backup for the Royals and the Dodgers.
Let me know when you want the $45.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #440 (permalink)

Quote:
Totally missed it the first time around. Release date is 03/14. I figured we could do 7-8 boxes with club funds if that is the choice. Master cases are $3750

Anyways added this as option #5.
Man I wish I knew this was coming out in march. I would WAY rather break this than heritage, etc.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #441 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Man I wish I knew this was coming out in march. I would WAY rather break this than heritage, etc.
RECALL!!!!! RECALL!!!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #442 (permalink)

Quote:
RECALL!!!!! RECALL!!!!!
I'd redo my vote on this too...that makes 3
Friarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #443 (permalink)

Unless all agree to it, I don't think we can revote. PM will be sent to all with the April/May poll, could be a good option to fill that April break.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #444 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuens View Post
Put me down for the Brewers and I will be a backup for the Royals and the Dodgers.
Let me know when you want the $45.
Got you added, welcome aboard, PM sent.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #445 (permalink)

Quote:
Unless all agree to it, I don't think we can revote. PM will be sent to all with the April/May poll, could be a good option to fill that April break.
Probably correct there. With zero break on price from BO we would be looking at about $128 per slot with fees. Can't figure out shipping, bc I have no clue how thick those cards are

That being said, Id still be game for it

Old 02-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #446 (permalink)

I would rather do Prime Cuts in March than Heritage too
Old 02-19-2012, 11:43 PM   #447 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambel View Post
I would rather do Prime Cuts in March than Heritage too
Re-vote!!

I guess if not everyone's interested we could always get xxx amount of boxes and have ourselves ( those interested) a little bonus break

Old 02-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #448 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Re-vote!!

I guess if not everyone's interested we could always get xxx amount of boxes and have ourselves ( those interested) a little bonus break

Until I see a checklist I will pass on prime cuts... From what I have seen neither of my teams have anything in the product.
mwolfson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #449 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwolfson22 View Post
Until I see a checklist I will pass on prime cuts... From what I have seen neither of my teams have anything in the product.
Will be a few Mel Ott cards for the Giants, doubtful on the Rays though.
Friarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #450 (permalink)

Umm, was I suppose to list the code cards from 2012 Topps yet? Because I didn't