Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 07:19 AM   #551 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamchuk View Post
Do we have a rundown of the major hits / inserts? I personally think we should have busted the case of Leaf Golf!!
Chuck Essegian red real one auto /63

The end. That was the only auto in 12 boxes.

We did hit a Yaz 63 quarter redemption and a Maris Yankee Stadium seat relic.

I don't like golf and I agree with you - shoulda busted that haha.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #552 (permalink)
Banned

are there any spots open in the next break? Please PM with details thanks
whityscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #553 (permalink)

FYI I had to run into the office last night after the break so two things:

1) I sorted nothing
2) I hate my job
3) I'll get it sorted tonight and out Friday (I hope)

Old 03-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #554 (permalink)

What color swaps did we pull? They are bringing about $20 each on the bay right now.
sportsamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #555 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsamerica View Post
What color swaps did we pull? They are bringing about $20 each on the bay right now.
Are those the solid colored background ones? Or the ones where the circle color is reversed?

Old 03-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #556 (permalink)

Can you add me to the reserves / backup list?
sn3ak3rh3av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #557 (permalink)

Everyone's stuff is packed up and ready to ship.

I believe I accidentally packaged up a team bag of Blue Jays cards with someone elses cards - either that or we got very few BJ cards ... please let me know if you get them

ShawnL - I sent you my Ortiz and Lee jersey hits, as well as the SP Phillies I hit. Hopefully someone comes across your other BJ base cards. Sorry

Old 03-30-2012, 01:25 AM   #558 (permalink)

We are closed to new members at this time until June/July. If interested let us know a team and I will contact you at that point.
gergs1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #559 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Are those the solid colored background ones? Or the ones where the circle color is reversed?
The ones which the circle color and the banner color are reversed. Not the Black and white Photo as the main photo
sportsamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #560 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsamerica View Post
The ones which the circle color and the banner color are reversed. Not the Black and white Photo as the main photo
Actually the only one I noticed was Ellsbury, but thats only because while sorting the top 2 Red Sox on the pile were both him, and both different. I honestly didnt look all that closely while sorting everything.

On a side note, anyone ready to do some higher end stuff yet? Because this stuff [Topps S1, Heritage, etc] is boring as hell IMO anyhow

Old 03-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #561 (permalink)

Quote:
Actually the only one I noticed was Ellsbury, but thats only because while sorting the top 2 Red Sox on the pile were both him, and both different. I honestly didnt look all that closely while sorting everything.

On a side note, anyone ready to do some higher end stuff yet? Because this stuff [Topps S1, Heritage, etc] is boring as hell IMO anyhow
AGREED! Anymore of this junk and i am out!
mwolfson22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #562 (permalink)

Quote:

Yes, ready for some high end, but it will probably have to be in June since the next 2 months are filled. I think we need to secure at least Gypsy Queen with a presell. Don't know what to say about 2012 Bowman Jumbo. I'm betting that they're holding anything they have for now until right before release. Can we consider another source if Blowout doesn't have any for sale? Or is that against the rules? Do we consider a regular hobby case with less autos?

Also, I just wanted to ask how we divided up the multi-player and non baseball cards from Heritage?
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #563 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpfreeman View Post
Yes, ready for some high end, but it will probably have to be in June since the next 2 months are filled. I think we need to secure at least Gypsy Queen with a presell. Don't know what to say about 2012 Bowman Jumbo. I'm betting that they're holding anything they have for now until right before release. Can we consider another source if Blowout doesn't have any for sale? Or is that against the rules? Do we consider a regular hobby case with less autos?

Also, I just wanted to ask how we divided up the multi-player and non baseball cards from Heritage?
The multi player were easy as we had duplicates and more of most. The odd Alcatraz, Kennedy and integration type cards I randomed myself. I figured it was not worth bugging a mod for them

Old 03-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #564 (permalink)

I too am ready for something higher end. Gypsy queen and bowman should be a little better and more exciting. Bowman will be back and available, unfortunatelt it will probably be to a higher price. Last year BO cornered the market on Bowman and prices skyrocketed.

So on to what to do for June, Tribute hasn't skyrocketed yet, Museum collection will be out, we could do a new/old combo (ie one case each of 2011 and 2012 Tier One).I know it's several moths away, but I am a planner
Old 03-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #565 (permalink)

My vote is for anything high end with the chance for nice hits, and a product without 3 million base cards

Old 03-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #566 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergs1134 View Post
I too am ready for something higher end. Gypsy queen and bowman should be a little better and more exciting. Bowman will be back and available, unfortunatelt it will probably be to a higher price. Last year BO cornered the market on Bowman and prices skyrocketed.

So on to what to do for June, Tribute hasn't skyrocketed yet, Museum collection will be out, we could do a new/old combo (ie one case each of 2011 and 2012 Tier One).I know it's several moths away, but I am a planner
Any chance we could consider doing a regular hobby case? Over $300 less already and I know there are less autos, but I'm betting that alot of the autos will be scrubs even in jumbo. Just a thought.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
Old 03-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #567 (permalink)

Quote:
My vote is for anything high end with the chance for nice hits, and a product without 3 million base cards
I vote for Topps series 2!! LOL
Old 03-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #568 (permalink)

I would take the a's if they are open... Would pay a back fee if necessary!
greenjdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #569 (permalink)

I was never a fan of doing Heritage, but this is a democracy. Can't wait for Bowman, that and Draft were the only reasons I took the Pirates, hoping for some Cole. But definitely want a break that we can get excited about
Old 03-31-2012, 04:09 AM   #570 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamchuk View Post
I was never a fan of doing Heritage, but this is a democracy. Can't wait for Bowman, that and Draft were the only reasons I took the Pirates, hoping for some Cole. But definitely want a break that we can get excited about

Don't forget platinum!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 07:34 PM   #571 (permalink)

Our rollover balance was 1,007. We collected 1,010.50 after fees. We spent 781.85 for the case. Shipping was 69.53.

Our new rollover amount then is $1,166.12

Are we doing Gypsy Queen in April? I can get the case now for $985.00

Old 03-31-2012, 11:59 PM   #572 (permalink)

Quote:
Our rollover balance was 1,007. We collected 1,010.50 after fees. We spent 781.85 for the case. Shipping was 69.53.

Our new rollover amount then is $1,166.12

Are we doing Gypsy Queen in April? I can get the case now for $985.00
Gypsy Queen it is, order away. If anybody has a problem with doing the break in April instead of May please speak up. Otherwise I will get payment date and silent auction running in the next few days.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #573 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergs1134 View Post
Gypsy Queen it is, order away. If anybody has a problem with doing the break in April instead of May please speak up. Otherwise I will get payment date and silent auction running in the next few days.
I'm good with breaking GQ in April - and I got my Heritage cards today, thanks Mike. iTrader headed your way.
Friarg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #574 (permalink)

I'm working out of town for the next couple months on monday thru thursday so if there is a chance we could do our next break on friday, saturday, or sunday, I'd appreciate it. Not a big deal if Mike can't, I know we all like to keep our weekends fairly free. Just sent payment over for April.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #575 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpfreeman View Post
I'm working out of town for the next couple months on monday thru thursday so if there is a chance we could do our next break on friday, saturday, or sunday, I'd appreciate it. Not a big deal if Mike can't, I know we all like to keep our weekends fairly free. Just sent payment over for April.
Gypsy Queen comes out WED 4/18. Normally I would get the product that day. I wouldn't be able to break it that FRI or SAT as I already have stuff going on. I wouldn't mind doing it SUN late afternoon if thats what everyone else wanted. Otherwise I would just do it WED night.

mike

PS - I just paid for the GQ case.