Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #826 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwolfson22 View Post
I would be down for either scenario discussed.... I wouldn't mind skip a month here and there to do better product or if people dropped and we were at 15 or 16 teams that would be fine as well.

Personally I rather get nothing with a chance of getting a nice card rather then get a stack of base with a chance of getting a $5 Auto (i.e. Topps, Topps Heritage, Gypsy Queen etc)

I would also be open to change the format to a high-end break club.

Not sure if you're talking about keeping the teams we already have but we could random or even draft teams each break. There some creative ways we could do this to shake this up and make it really fun!! Just my two cents.
Mike Yoder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #827 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Yoder View Post
I would also be open to change the format to a high-end break club.

Not sure if you're talking about keeping the teams we already have but we could random or even draft teams each break. There some creative ways we could do this to shake this up and make it really fun!! Just my two cents.
I would also be fine with randoming teams for each break we did - or randoming slots and then choosing teams. I would also be OK with keeping the teams we have There are lots of things we can do.

On a side not everyones stuff is shipping TODAY

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:16 AM   #828 (permalink)

I am all for higher end breaks but would prefer to keep my team versus the random. I enjoy knowing I will get Cubs every month or at least the chance of getting them every month.

Thanks again for the breaks!
Old 06-08-2012, 03:05 AM   #829 (permalink)

If noone steps forward for the Reds in the next day or so, I will be PM'img trubear to join up.
gergs1134 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #830 (permalink)

Got your PM regarding switching to high end breaks.

My vote is to do that - whether we stay at $45 and skip months or bump to $75 or just decide what we want to break and figure out $$$ - I am all for it.

Honestly spending $45-90 a month to break heritage, series 1, etc is a waste for nearly everyone in the break every month.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #831 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Got your PM regarding switching to high end breaks.

My vote is to do that - whether we stay at $45 and skip months or bump to $75 or just decide what we want to break and figure out $$$ - I am all for it.

Honestly spending $45-90 a month to break heritage, series 1, etc is a waste for nearly everyone in the break every month.

What he said x 2!
mwolfson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #832 (permalink)

I am in for skipping stuff like Heritage, Topps and Gypsy etc. I think keeping our current teams, keeping it at $45 a month to start and skipping months to roll-over to break higher end products is probably ideal. If we need to increase a couple months here and there I am happy to do that so we can break certain products.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #833 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamchuk View Post
I am in for skipping stuff like Heritage, Topps and Gypsy etc. I think keeping our current teams, keeping it at $45 a month to start and skipping months to roll-over to break higher end products is probably ideal. If we need to increase a couple months here and there I am happy to do that so we can break certain products.
+1 ... Exactly my thoughts
Old 06-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #834 (permalink)

I would be ok with doing high end products. The only thing I would change is to charge more for top tier teams. I would hate to bust Tribute and only have Yankee, Red Sox, and Dodger hits. I dont know, maybe I'm just saying that cause I have the lowly Indians.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #835 (permalink)

Here is my only concern of doing a lot of High End product. It is weighted more to a few teams and which will cause many mid to low level teams not getting any "big hits". I think we can come to some type of agreement on what to break, and maybe not break every month. But I think everyone is in some type of agreement that breaking Topps Base, Heritage, Gypsy isn't quite worth it for a "Group" to do...

If you look at tribute this year (I have the Orioles, only one Auto of Adam Jones)... Marlins have 3 autos.. So for this break the Marlins have a much higher value then the Orioles.
sportsamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #836 (permalink)

I'll throw my vote toward high end breaks too; would prefer to keep same teams each month and just look at the release calendar/presell prices to determine when to pay and how much per team each break will be. I'm sure we can have another 3 or 4 breaks this year if we go this route and are willing to pitch in a bit more per team per break.
Friarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #837 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsamerica View Post
Here is my only concern of doing a lot of High End product. It is weighted more to a few teams and which will cause many mid to low level teams not getting any "big hits". I think we can come to some type of agreement on what to break, and maybe not break every month. But I think everyone is in some type of agreement that breaking Topps Base, Heritage, Gypsy isn't quite worth it for a "Group" to do...

If you look at tribute this year (I have the Orioles, only one Auto of Adam Jones)... Marlins have 3 autos.. So for this break the Marlins have a much higher value then the Orioles.
I dont know if paying more for certain teams is going to work, unless its a product that literally has some teams with zero or very few chances for a hit.

For example, this last break the best hits were the Trumbo [Angels] patch, the Belt [SF] Gold Framed auto and probably the McCutchen [Pitt] Gold Framed auto.

My point really was that there were no big hits for NYY, BOS, DET, TEX etc ... our hits were all CIN, SEA, STL, LAA, LAD, PITT, SF, etc ... hard to pin point a value on teams when its a 1 case break since its really all luck of the draw.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #838 (permalink)

Only high end breaks won't work for me. The Twins aren't very well represented in high end products so I'd be throwing alot of money away. I actually look forward to getting base as well as hits, so some of the lower end products are fine with me. I can't justify paying any more per month for the Twins either so $45 per month would be the max for me. If we switch to high end only, I will have to drop out of the club.

I suspect that the club will lose a number of smaller market team members if a vote came out for high end only.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #839 (permalink)

I made out pretty well in the Heritage break with the Indians. Pulled a Masterson /63 and also the Essegian real one red ink auto. I can't see putting in more than $50 a month though, anything more than that wouldd be too risky for the Tribe.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #840 (permalink)

Just an update, received a PM from JFray that he is dropping from the club so the Dbacks are now available. I will get a few options together and kind of price things out to see what we could do for the rest of the year at $45/month.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #841 (permalink)

Quote:

On a side not everyones stuff is shipping TODAY
got my cards today - thanks for the awesome break!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #842 (permalink)

Damn that was quick - I rock

Old 06-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #843 (permalink)

My brain hurts a little, but here is a quick option kind of planning out the rest of the year.

So we have 23 members right now @ 45/team=$1035 (minus fees) per month so about $1000 each month.

We have 6 months left x $1000 =$6000 plus whatever rollover we have left (it isn't much) I am not going to factor in shipping at this point as the auctioned teams generally pay for shipping.

July- 2012 Tier One $1050
August- skip
September- 2012 TTT 1/2 case $1650 (will do a full case if enough interest)
October- 2012 Bowman Chrome $760 or 2012 Five Star $1400
November- skip
Decemeber- 2012 Bowman Sterling Master Case (proce to be determined, but probably around $1800-2000)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For October with Five Star we are at $5900, with BC we are at $5200 and could probably squeeze a case of 2012 Bowman Draft in.

We could also mix in something older like Marquee or Tier One from 2011.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #844 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes. You. Do.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #845 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergs1134 View Post
My brain hurts a little, but here is a quick option kind of planning out the rest of the year.

So we have 23 members right now @ 45/team=$1035 (minus fees) per month so about $1000 each month.

We have 6 months left x $1000 =$6000 plus whatever rollover we have left (it isn't much) I am not going to factor in shipping at this point as the auctioned teams generally pay for shipping.

August- skip
November- skip
Decemeber- 2012 Bowman Sterling Master Case (proce to be determined, but probably around $1800-2000)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For October with Five Star we are at $5900, with BC we are at $5200 and could probably squeeze a case of 2012 Bowman Draft in.

Looks good to me!
mwolfson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #846 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergs1134 View Post

August- skip
November- skip

I like it , but five star may be a tough sell. Only 15 cards per case - gonna be a bunch of shut outs. That's better as a hit draft or buy-your-own-box product. I'm a gambler, so I'd do it anyway, but it may be more palatable for others to stick with bow chrome.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #847 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes sir, I concur.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #848 (permalink)

I'd like to do a full TTT case if possible.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #849 (permalink)

Card received!
JFray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #850 (permalink)

Cards received. Thanks!!
Mike Yoder is online now   Reply With Quote