Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid n Owen View Post
Dizzy is making alot of sense in my opinion, especially about the churning out of the starting pitching. I also see the point that the league has started and rules should not be changed after the fact. But in my opinion if a transaction limit is not implemented the league simply becomes a joke, especially when you are setting rosters daily. The owners that drafted based on talent and not with the intent of turning over their pitching staff weekly will become frustrated and teams will drop out, no doubt. The point of the league, I thought, was to be 90% fun, 10% work not the other way around. I think at a minimum put it to a vote.
After reading all the posts, I'd say this sums up my feelings as well.
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:42 AM   #52 (permalink)

I'm not a fan of managers overhauling their rosters daily. The way the league points are is set up, managers dropping pitching everyday, and picking up starting pitching everyday is BS.
hoopster3977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:21 AM   #53 (permalink)

I couldn't talk sense into you guys...... GAME ON!
Reid n Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #54 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

10 Starting Pitcher pickups today, half for pitchers picked up just yesterday...maybe 1-2 which actually make true "fantasy team" sense...ugh...
DizzyDSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyDSki View Post
10 Starting Pitcher pickups today, half for pitchers picked up just yesterday...maybe 1-2 which actually make true "fantasy team" sense...ugh...
Lol....Now it's getting excessive. I have a feeling everyone will start doing this and the pot will be a monster at seasons' end. Hopefully no one drops out if their add/drop tax is hundreds of dollars. Just a suggestion...Houdini, can you collect the tax once a month so no one bounces out of the league at the end without paying?
Old 04-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Lol....Now it's getting excessive. I have a feeling everyone will start doing this and the pot will be a monster at seasons' end. Hopefully no one drops out if their add/drop tax is hundreds of dollars. Just a suggestion...Houdini, can you collect the tax once a month so no one bounces out of the league at the end without paying?
My thoughts exactly!! I think we have completely zapped the fun out of this... Maybe we shouldn't have any bench spots!!

Im still having fun

If you wanna be the yanks! Pay to the be the yanks!

Insert funny comment!

Jared
greenjdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #57 (permalink)

One way of keeping the streaming technique at bay is to switch to a win loss system and take the team with the most wins instead as the first overall pick

Houdini, I really wouldn't care about people dropping out.. I know I would take another team!
Old 04-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjdo View Post
One way of keeping the streaming technique at bay is to switch to a win loss system and take the team with the most wins instead as the first overall pick

Houdini, I really wouldn't care about people dropping out.. I know I would take another team!
Owning two teams in the same league is generally frowned upon.

As well as bastardizing the waiver-wire.

With a vote and minor tweek this could all fixed... Yet everyone would rather just settle, by saying its within the rules. Come on guys, we're not even a full week into the season and I'm staring at a train-wreck.
gr33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #59 (permalink)

I know this wasn't as popular before, but considering the circumstances, what about weekly roster locks on Sunday at midnight so the fantasy week is Monday thru Sunday. That way there's no transaction cap, and if someone wants to churn the waiver system for a pitcher with two starts that week, at least it's not as excessive? If someone is benched, injured, etc., then that's just how it goes...we'd all face the same situation. Thoughts? That is a very common format for weekly head-to-head leagues.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
I know this wasn't as popular before, but considering the circumstances, what about weekly roster locks on Sunday at midnight so the fantasy week is Monday thru Sunday. That way there's no transaction cap, and if someone wants to churn the waiver system for a pitcher with two starts that week, at least it's not as excessive? If someone is benched, injured, etc., then that's just how it goes...we'd all face the same situation. Thoughts? That is a very common format for weekly head-to-head leagues.
This would work or capping the games played by position.
gr33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr33d View Post
Owning two teams in the same league is generally frowned upon.

As well as bastardizing the waiver-wire.

With a vote and minor tweek this could all fixed... Yet everyone would rather just settle, by saying its within the rules. Come on guys, we're not even a full week into the season and I'm staring at a train-wreck.
Absolutely right! I was talking about league 2
Old 04-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
This is probably the only way to make this fair... And honestly... If peeps have a massive problem with this league... We could always blow it up and redraft! Drafting is my favorite part
Old 04-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #63 (permalink)

streaming is a HUGE part of fantasy and we should do anything to limit that, if anything, id agree to a rule change to lower the pitcher point(josh beckett got rocked yesterday and he still got me 7+ points!) mabey earned runs go from .5 pt to 1pt and k's drop from 2 pt's to 1pt...... id perfer not to change any of the rules but i think lowering the pitching point setup would be more fare(compared to hitters points) as a rule change for next year
Prospect_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #64 (permalink)

i know the only thing i would be ok with is iff we lower the amount of points pitchers get(see above post) or capping IP each week at 40(dont know if this is even possible) but im def not down with not being able to stream

houdini, pm sent about payment
Old 04-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #65 (permalink)

I think adjusting points is a terrible idea.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
I think adjusting points is a terrible idea.
id perfer not to change anything but when beckket gets rocked and still gets me over 7 points, i think that might be a problem and it wouldnt be worth it as much to pick up nick blackburn(vs angels), which i did today for a spot start
Old 04-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #67 (permalink)

We should just ride it out for now.

However if we used a Rotisserie scoring system 5x5 this wouldn't be an issue.

http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z476/mrmike_13/
mrmike79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #68 (permalink)

Weekly roster settings would be the quickest answer... ... Going to win/loss on a per category basis would work as well
Old 04-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #69 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I'm not even going to comment on some of the stuff said here in the last 2 days.

I cannot change the points because people drafted based on the point system we had set up and agreed upon.

I cannot change the scoring system now - nor can I redo the draft.

I could limit the add/drops, but I have received complaints both ways.

So, here is my compromise. If you add a player, you have to keep him two weeks. If I add Jay Sborz on Monday, I cannot drop him until the Monday after next. The only exception is if the player goes on the DL. Your team will still be as strong as it ever was and you will still be able to add/drop - just not as much.

If you agree to this compromise, please don't say anything. I am taking your silence for agreement.

If you disagree to the compromise, please post your solution succintly that does not include changing the scoring system, the point system, or limiting adds/drops. Any disagreement that does not also offer a viable solution is moot.

Assuming there is no overwhelming disagreement, we will implement this rule starting Monday.

houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #70 (permalink)

Instead of keeping for two weeks. What about a limit per week? I know you said that you do not want to touch the limits but what if we have a 5 per week limit. I am in a H2H basketball league and a per week limit seems like a good solution. This way the add/drops to this point in the season are not effected and we could begin in week two. At very least if we go with your idea, the changes should not go into effect until tomorrow?

http://johnnybegood34.imgur.com/
JohnnyBeGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #71 (permalink)

dont agree with changes, but dont have a solution, like i said earlier i dont think we should change anything after the fact, what did you guys think was gonna happen?? you read rules before you signed up right??
Old 04-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #72 (permalink)

juss like people drafted with the current point and scoring settings in place, ppl also drafting thinking they could stream pitchers, catchers or any other positions they seem fit
Old 04-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospect_Man View Post
dont agree with changes, but dont have a solution, like i said earlier i dont think we should change anything after the fact, what did you guys think was gonna happen?? you read rules before you signed up right??
+1

Everyone read the rules and agreed. Now people are crying.

http://johnnybegood34.imgur.com/
JohnnyBeGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #74 (permalink)

just paid up thanks bud
jpitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBeGood View Post
+1

Everyone read the rules and agreed. Now people are crying.
Completely disagree that this is "crying" - there's a difference between having a grown-up discussion and "crying." Come on people...let's be adult about this.

If everyone wants to keep it the way that is, that's fine. If you're all happy (In League #1) handing your hard earned money over to Swivelhip or anyone else churning pitchers, knowing you won't have as competitive team without doing so, and never having a chance at the first pick each month, then so be it. That's just the honest truth...not "crying."

I really don't want to churn pitchers, but if the league stays as is, I'll likely drop some very quality players to pick up an average to below-average pitcher a few times a day

I'm only in League #1 - I'm assuming this is also happening in League #2?

BTW - Succintly, I like the one-week hold for pickups, but if easiest for the commish and league, fine w/the current setup.

Last edited by DizzyDSki; 04-08-2012 at 06:54 PM.