Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #76 (permalink)

how bout if you have to roster FA's for 3days? i could live with that
Prospect_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
I'm not even going to comment on some of the stuff said here in the last 2 days.

I cannot change the points because people drafted based on the point system we had set up and agreed upon.

I cannot change the scoring system now - nor can I redo the draft.

I could limit the add/drops, but I have received complaints both ways.

So, here is my compromise. If you add a player, you have to keep him two weeks. If I add Jay Sborz on Monday, I cannot drop him until the Monday after next. The only exception is if the player goes on the DL. Your team will still be as strong as it ever was and you will still be able to add/drop - just not as much.

If you agree to this compromise, please don't say anything. I am taking your silence for agreement.

If you disagree to the compromise, please post your solution succintly that does not include changing the scoring system, the point system, or limiting adds/drops. Any disagreement that does not also offer a viable solution is moot.

Assuming there is no overwhelming disagreement, we will implement this rule starting Monday.
I vote against a 2 week holding period for all new free agents. First choice would be to keep things the way they are. This is what we all signed up for. If Houdini and majority feels is absolutely necessary to compromise, I vote for a shorter holding period of 3-5 days.

http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z476/mrmike_13/
mrmike79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #78 (permalink)

IMO either limit the moves to 3-5 per week or make it a weekly league as opposed to daily. Anything other than those 2 solutions would compromise the league.
bishoff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #79 (permalink)

My only "solution" would be to blow the whole thing up. After reading the thread, it seems pretty clear there are 2 almost completely opposite camps - those who want this to be a win at all costs, rules are rules and cannot be changed (although I can't think of any rules that are unable to be changed; heck, the Constitution can be changed and MLB has changed rules during the season), etc. versus those who want this to be a friendly "bragging rights" thing that doesn't require a daily effort to be first to the waiver wire. I understand both camps and although I agreed to whatever rules Houdini selected, I was under the impression the main purpose of this was for everyone to have fun. Less than one week in, that seems impossible.

On a somewhat related note, work often forces me to make roster changes via my phone and I'm simply unable to peruse the daily starters and waiver wire on my phone while on the road or while I'm working. Had I understood that type of commitment would be required to have any real chance at winning, I wouldn't have signed up for the league. My fantasy baseball team isn't my job. I'm happy that it can be for others, but I don't think everyone signed up for this with that intent.
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #80 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Well, I got a paypal claim made by a member here.

Thanks for that.

EDIT: I THINK THIS HAS TO BE A MISTAKE! No way this guy did this on purpose.
"Do you think Panini is going to respond to this? This is outright fraud. They said the Diamonds were real....they have been proven to be fake. How do they get away with this? Group breakers.............thats how."

Last edited by houdini; 04-09-2012 at 12:06 AM.
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #81 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I lost the auto ball in club #2 by 1.66 points.
"Do you think Panini is going to respond to this? This is outright fraud. They said the Diamonds were real....they have been proven to be fake. How do they get away with this? Group breakers.............thats how."
Old 04-09-2012, 12:52 AM   #82 (permalink)

Paid for the month.

I concur with Houdini's post, that managers must hold FA pick-ups for 2 weeks. This would stop managers recycling their pitching rosters every week just to make sure to get 2 starts from each pitcher durning a week.
hoopster3977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:54 AM   #83 (permalink)

Wow, this will teach me to not look at the thread for a couple of days. A few points:

1. I assume I'm not the only one who read the rules before joining and drafting a team. Once the rules were set in place, I created a draft strategy. Notice I didn't draft a pitcher until Round 7? This was because I read the rules.

2. I suggested weekly lineups and this rule was not implemented. Dizzy, thanks for quoting me, I had forgotten. However, I would agree to changing it now.

3. I don't agree with having to keep a player for 2 weeks for a few reasons. First, my (and others who read the rules) entire draft strategy would have changed and that cannot be redone. Second, players get hurt all the time without going on the DL, I don't know why we should have to use up 1 of only 4 bench spots for 2 weeks just wbecause you took a flyer on a player. If a team's closer goes down and the new closer hasnt been declared should I be penalized further for picking up the guy who I thought would close? As an example, SEE PERALTA (Tampa Bay). I've already paid $ for my transaction, now I have keep this clown for 2 weeks?

4. While I play in fantasy leagues for fun, make no mistake about it we are dealing with real money here also. $100/month plus transaction fees is probably the most expensive league I've ever played in. BUT, I knew the rules when I signed up.

So, while the rest of my post was not succinct (sorry Houdini) my general view is that we should keep the rules the way they are. However, I would agree to a weekly lineup lock if that will make others happier.
Swivelhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:08 AM   #84 (permalink)

we need to decide on this soon...
jpitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:52 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpitten View Post
we need to decide on this soon...
Wow yes we do! Just logged on and there has been 10 SP pickups in the last 3 hours! Haha....I dont care which way we go (either keep it the same or set a certain time frame that we have to roster our FA pickups) but it would be nice to know what we decide on so I can start dropping some of my quality guys and start streaming teams fourth and fifth starters also if need be! LOL....

PS...Paid for April! Thanks for the hard work Houdini!
smillz300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:18 AM   #86 (permalink)

only thing i will say, sorry i have been traveling, i think a limit of some sort makes sense, however in league 2 we have not had ANY issue with this that i notice. only 40 or so total moves in the league and about half from after the original draft, guess league 1 just sucks :-) additionally, i think it is a crappy thing to do to rehaul your pitching staff every day and corrupts the integrity of the league and the meaning behind the league. that being said it is an *easy* way to win. although i might have taken week 1 in league 2 without it, but again we rock bc we don't have anyone pulling this garbage ATM....

bryan

P.S. paid for the month and sorry for the delay.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:21 AM   #87 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Being a noob to fantasy baseball (all fantasy sport for that matter), I had no idea these strategies even existed. I for one will stay in the league but I will not really participate since I will have pretty much no shot against people making all these SP changes. I don't have the funds to do that. I can hope for a 2 or 3 spot in a draft or 2 though.
imnotded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:25 AM   #88 (permalink)

to make the point more clear in league 2 out of the 30 transactions that have taken place since the season started 4 days ago only 8 involved picking up a starter when dropping a player. This does not include a player dropped who was on the DL or inactive. Beyond that I would venture only 2-3 of the total SP pick-ups would even have been done for the churning reason. Especially since none of those guys have been dropped since they were picked up. So in league 2 we are probably fine as is, as for league 1, yikes guys! have fun with that... lol
Old 04-09-2012, 03:03 AM   #89 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Ok, club #2 had a winner who did not use this strategy. I think club #2 is fine with the new rule except bishoff1. So, bishoff1 will need to decide to stay or go.

As for club #1, I count 4 people still unhappy. So please decide to stay or go.

I did the best I could to create a compromise.

As of now, you must hold your adds for 2 weeks. Anyone added for Monday (4/9) may not be dropped until Monday 4/23.

Club #2 will be fine if we only have 13 teams.

Club #1 will just have to wait to see how the dust settles for May.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:24 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Ok, club #2 had a winner who did not use this strategy. I think club #2 is fine with the new rule except bishoff1. So, bishoff1 will need to decide to stay or go.

As for club #1, I count 4 people still unhappy. So please decide to stay or go.

I did the best I could to create a compromise.

As of now, you must hold your adds for 2 weeks. Anyone added for Monday (4/9) may not be dropped until Monday 4/23.

Club #2 will be fine if we only have 13 teams.

Club #1 will just have to wait to see how the dust settles for May.
Like I said b4, I am cool either way. I was just wondering if you put this 2 week thing into place is there a setting you can set that automatically does this or do we have to monitor the 2 week roster hold thing ourselves? If so, if may be a pain in the a$$ lol....its a shame that everyone cant be on the same page

Im not a fan of streaming but it is somewhat of a strategy in fantasy leagues that dont have rules set up to prevent it, and I have used it in the past against others that use it. Every manager is different and you should be able to adjust your lineup (at least weekly) accordingly to how their team and strategy is....
smillz300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:35 AM   #91 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Before any stat corrections on Monday:

Houdini's Fantasy Baseball Break Club (#1 & #2) - April Break-yahoo-sports-fantasy-baseball-houdini-fantasy-break-club.jpg

Houdini's Fantasy Baseball Break Club (#1 & #2) - April Break-yahoo-sports-fantasy-baseball-houdini-fantasy-break-club-2.jpg
Old 04-09-2012, 03:42 AM   #92 (permalink)

Let me first off say that I really respect people on this league especially Houdini for putting al these breaks together. I really do enjoy them. Now, starting new rules after week one is finished is complete BS. I do think their are compromises but this one is really far out there. Fantasy baseball pitching is about spot starting so having to keep someone you do spot start is terrible. Now this week one has taken spot starting to an extreme which steps on a lot of people's toes but that was all within the rules that everyone agreed to. Changing rules after week one because some people missed the boat is crazy especially since not all agree. I really think a per week limit would be best and it seems most would agree.

As far as I am concerned I was doing this more for the regular breaks with a host who does everything the right way. I missed the draft due to work but pre-ranked players based on the scoring system and rules but now we are going to change the rules. This is outrageous. I know for a fact all of you post on here multiple times a day but you say you do not have time to drop and add a pitcher? Get real!

This league is already tainted through one week. WTF! This is about the breaks not about rules and scoring. I understand the first pick of each hit draft is up for grabs but come on every other spot is basically random. I know I am fighting a losing battle so I will stop. I wish nothing but the best to all of you in fantasy baseball and the breaks ahead.

http://johnnybegood34.imgur.com/
JohnnyBeGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:55 AM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBeGood View Post
Let me first off say that I really respect people on this league especially Houdini for putting al these breaks together. I really do enjoy them. Now, starting new rules after week one is finished is complete BS. I do think their are compromises but this one is really far out there. Fantasy baseball pitching is about spot starting so having to keep someone you do spot start is terrible. Now this week one has taken spot starting to an extreme which steps on a lot of people's toes but that was all within the rules that everyone agreed to. Changing rules after week one because some people missed the boat is crazy especially since not all agree. I really think a per week limit would be best and it seems most would agree.

As far as I am concerned I was doing this more for the regular breaks with a host who does everything the right way. I missed the draft due to work but pre-ranked players based on the scoring system and rules but now we are going to change the rules. This is outrageous. I know for a fact all of you post on here multiple times a day but you say you do not have time to drop and add a pitcher? Get real!

This league is already tainted through one week. WTF! This is about the breaks not about rules and scoring. I understand the first pick of each hit draft is up for grabs but come on every other spot is basically random. I know I am fighting a losing battle so I will stop. I wish nothing but the best to all of you in fantasy baseball and the breaks ahead.
the irony is i really knew little about what the deal was with the league to start with and only wanted to be a part of this bc houdini was running it. the breaks were my motivation, the league was the fun... but again, club 2 we rock so no worries
Old 04-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #94 (permalink)

Im fine with the new rule. Im not leaving.
bishoff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #95 (permalink)

im out, sry but juss like ppl everyone drafted with the current points system in place, i drafting thinking i would be able to stream SP's or 1B or whatever position..... im sorry if this puts you in a tough spot houdini, and i would love to be in some of your future but that will be up to you, good luck guys
Prospect_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBeGood View Post
I know for a fact all of you post on here multiple times a day but you say you do not have time to drop and add a pitcher? Get real!
Speaking just for myself, most days I have time. However, my job occassionally requires me to be in secure buildings, some of which forbid personal cell phones and computers. Sometimes I'm only tied up for a day, other times it is weeks. When that happens, I'm only able to hop on line early in the morning (which I typically don't do because I'm preparing for my job for that day) or late at night. That doesn't include the travel time either when I can't get online other than during a layover or bathroom break while driving and I typically use those stops to handle work issues and check e-mails.

I'm just one person, but I think your quoted comment was directed at me, at least in part so I figured an explanation might be helpful. Just because I have time to post here most days does not mean I have time to scour the probable starters list and the waiver wire every day.
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #97 (permalink)

payment sent..
Old 04-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #98 (permalink)

So prospectman is out are we looking for a replacement or is this falling apart?
jpitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #99 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I think everyone should view this as a learning experience. Worst case scenario is that this is just a test run for next year. The main goal here is to have fun. Like I said before I would stay in either way, because the breaks are still fun and so is the fantasy league.

Houdini, thanks again for putting this together. It's gotta be a ton of extra work for you.
imnotded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotded View Post
I think everyone should view this as a learning experience. Worst case scenario is that this is just a test run for next year. The main goal here is to have fun. Like I said before I would stay in either way, because the breaks are still fun and so is the fantasy league.

Houdini, thanks again for putting this together. It's gotta be a ton of extra work for you.
Same for me.
Swivelhip is offline   Reply With Quote